Teldrassil, Undercity will they be restored ? Who's next on the list ?

Sry I dont see how someone who creates at least three “poor nelfs” threads as someone with the Horde’s best interest lol. Nelfs have waged war and distrust towards the Horde since forever. Even in Legion Tyrande is like “i am often at odds with ur Horde” and then “I didnt give you the tears of Elune to find you helping mana addicts in Suramar”

So sry I fail to sympathize. For all I care they had it coming. They were too untouchable. No calamity had befell them since WC3. Boohoo they lost their immortality boohoo Fandral and a novel later they have it again with the Blessings of the Aspects.

So people making such a big remark on their 1st real tragedy in 10.000 years, which is nowhere near the 90% population delete of the belfs, Excuse me I believe is extravagant.

Next thing they empower Tyrande and get a badass cinematic Darkshore and ppl wanna reroll druid cause they see Malfurion choke me daddy. I dont get why ppl complain sry…

That’s the problem. The fact that something does not touch you, does not mean that someone doesn’t have the right to complain. Or is only your opinion valid?

Hell, I hate Sylvanas. I hated her since Cataclysm. But when Zarao, for instance, says that she is being villain batted to oblivion, I will nod and say that’s true, because its true.

I do not understand why you even bother discussing things if you are completely willing to disregard what the other person is saying.

Like, come on. Do you really need me to explain basic communication to you?

Why are you even talking if you don’t want to listen? Further more, why would anyone respect you and your concerns, if you don’t respect them and their concerns?

“In my opinion, the Horde had it coming, I do hope they fall apart and suffer another civil war and identity crisis, death to Rastakhan, I enjoy that Horde players feel like crap this expansion.”

This is your behavior, if you were Alliance.

10 Likes

You know, there are also horde players with some sense of moral. I also used to be a horde main but playing the teldrassil questline made me wonder if I’m part of the horde or the legion/scourge.

2 Likes

Well personally as belf fan, I like how belfs take pride in the Scourge attack. They renamed themselves in honor of the fallen, and didnt let it define them. They survived, they persist and they take pride in it.

Nelf players who cry let this define them, but nelfs in-game in Darkshore cinematic dont let this define them! They fight!

You dont see me trashing kill Sylvannas posts ok, its a War but I get why ppl want revenge it makes perfect sense.

But give us Teldrassil back or remake nelfs or “this is not WC3 posts” for me complete miss the point cause there is no way any writers will go as far as chaging the story that “drastically” or “immediately” to please such a crowd so imo is pointless to ask.

If anything nelfs look complete badass in the Darkshore cinematic!!! They do. We agree?

So people who are like “Why did they lose? They shouldnt lose, Tyrande can starfall one shot everyone alone” I mean come on…

There is valid arguments. And then there’s excaggeration. And tell me nobody of the above posters excaggerates lol

1 Like

They would look badass if they actually did something.

the point is still that night elves lost everything just to continue the story for other races and they won’t get anything from the story anymore.

4 Likes

Speaking excaggerations

The Bulk of their army was sent to Silithus when Sylvannas attacked and they evacuated a fair amount to SW.

So their losses were not colossal chill.

Also you say they wont get anything. So u read the future now? No!! U just being dramatic for the sake of it.

Thx for proving my point

did you read the short stories? the number of dead civilians is probably between 15000 and 20000

If the devs say something it’s pretty safe to assume that it’s right, yes. Why do you even think night elf players are angry? they are angry because the devs said that they already got their revenge which means that they are basically fine with the horde now and basically ready to fight alongside sylvanas

2 Likes

What? How do you possibly contradict yourself 3 times within a single sentence?

5 Likes

They also said Sylvannas didnt burn the tree. So… you believe them now?

So I stand correct. Not colossal losses. Nothing near belf 90% delete. Yep.

They didn’t say that. I think they something like that it will surprise us and people didn’t suspect Sylvanas because it would’ve been bad writing.

Uh yes that’s actually indeed a 80-90% delete. It’s even stated in the shortstories that a majority of the race is dead and far too little are left in Azeroth now.

I don’t think you read them tbh

2 Likes

For someone who is a fan of the blood elves, I would have expected more prior knowledge about the events around the Scourge and the 3rd War, why the blood elves proudly pulled out of it and what the difference is to the War of Thorns.

In the battle against the Scourge, the Scourge was losing, it could never have defeated Silvermoon, nor penetrated the shield. They couldn’t even cast spells, it all became possible when the traitor removed the moonstones. Finally, the barrier fell thanks to him, which enabled the Scourge to win.

90% of the elves eventually died, but the Scourge itself was not the decisive factor in the defeat, but the traitor. In addition, the high elves were not held back by anything in battle, nor were their strengths emphasized, on the contrary. The Scourge saw no possibility of victory from its own strength against the magical protective measures.

This resistance against an overpowering and unnatural enemy, and the defeat that was not self-inflicted, can be turned into pride.

Basically, the night elves suffered 4 genocides in their 15,000 year history.

The War of the Ancestors (By the Legion and the Sundering)
War of the Sartyr (Without Worgen the night elves would have been exterminated, not many survived)
third war (afterwards the night elves were considered a dying nation)
War of thorns (The final coffin nail was struck into the tomb)

The difference is that the night elves fought and large parts of their due forces were not used. They have been deleted or simply generated over time, or simply deleted with any explanation that defeat was possible under the conditions.

A few Examples:

• Supporting the Wild Gods or fighting side-by-side against enemies (even in chronicles you can find out that Cenarius was part of the community and operated as a link between night elves and Wild Gods to call them at any time!)
  • Support for the stone giants
  • chimeras
  • Armies of Treants

And the night elves didn’t pull out of it the first time, the second time, even the third time proudly, anymore. The community was also proud to have been integrated into the Lore as a defender of the natural world, but what does it help you to be a defender if the natural world is not allowed to help you? Not really at least.

If you’re artificially generated, with the explanation that Blizzard didn’t want to tell that story like that (it’s not even called a Lore explanation).

The night elves are allied with nature and Elune, but they are only held responsible for this wonderful connection and symbiosis, because Blizzard couldn’t find a quick explanation to tell their story anyway.

This mood is not only since BFA in the night elf community, but occurs already longer time, since WOW is outside the dissatisfaction grew and in the meantime it has reached a degree in which the N11 community feels itself as pure punching bag.

9 Likes

Yes but that is also the thing, in the case of belfs the entirety of their armies and civillains were there on defense of Silvermoon.

The nelfs in War of Thorns lost because of deception. Sylvannas pretended to March to Silithus then went North while nelf ships were already sent to Silithus.

So numerically, their losses were nothing like the belf losses judging on that.

All the Ancienr War u mentioned I count not simply for the fact that the races back then were nelfs and Trolls… so they are irrelevant to the recent story of Horde and Alliance.

No, they simply lost their immortality cause they used Hyjal tree, that granted them immortality, to defeat Archimonde.

I have mentioned this before, however in the novel Stormrage, Malfurion is able to connect with the Dream AND Azeroth effectivelly existing in both planes and harnessing the very power of Azeroth!!

Now here’s the thing , Malfurion in said example DOES indeed posses broken OP powers. However lorewise they are only manifest when Apocalyptic events occur (in the novel it was Nightmare and Nzoth, and VS Legion u already know).

Since nature, elements and said powers and connection are basically drawing power from Azeroth, it makes sense that Azeroth, wouldnt grant such power towards her children murdering one another. She has only granted such effects when effective immediately threatened (Legion, Old Gods)

Ofc thats assumption from lore, and yet it should make sense. I dont expect Malfurion to use nuclear weapons against the Horde as it violates his druidic ideology of life death and balance.

So if broken OP Malfurion has nukes, but isnt using nukes, ofc he can lose in a fight. Ofc add a surpruse attack and put him in a 2 v1 to make sure :stuck_out_tongue:

Wrong…reread Chronicles part 3 or play classic

5 Likes

And i speak in no sentence about malfurion;)

Malfurion proposed a solution. A dangerous and costly one. The World Tree Nordrassil was imbued with powerful enchantments from the Dragon Aspects, enchantments that granted the night elves immortality and immunity to sickness and disease. Malfurion believed that he and his fellow druids could ignite these magics, causing an explosion that would annihilate Archimonde and the Legion invaders. But doing so would also destroy the enchantments, leaving the night elves vulnerable to aging and sickness for the first time in over ten thousand years. The impact on night elven society would be devastating, but the defenders had little other choice.

And thats all Chronicles 3 has to say about your “dying race” since its my kindle and I went through again.

Talking gibberish and playing smart.

I will post it…later for you :wink:

1 Like

Given that the Exodar is still a wreck and silvermoon is still infested with undead yet both are able to send forces to other planets i dont think any race will ever get their home back, blizz do not care.

1 Like

Lorewise the Exodar has been repaired and is capable of Flight post Cata, it was stated in the Novel. The fact that it has not been utilized since then is something else :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I have not found the passage i search, but was almost sure that i find that passage in chronicle 3…now i have to research again!

Nah, its been repaired since just after Cata.

Nah, nor that. ain’t any Undead in Silvermoon. Lorewise they cleared the place out, then retconned that, because they needed somewhere spooky for Sylvanas to monologue at her sisters in. Because clearly a species with the military capacity to wage war on the other side of the planet, to wage war in a different space/time Continuum, would have trouble clearing out a few zombies in the back garden. Especially as you kind of -do- that as the starting Belf character. But hush, Sylvanas needs her Undead Safe Space…

They won’t ever update Exodar or Silvermoon, people have kind of gotten resigned to that fact, the one saving grace is that it means both places are immune from the threat of destruction… I mean for heavens sake, there are -still- Fel Crystals in the In-Game Silvermoon. They’ve been gone in lore since the end of TBC!

4 Likes