Teldrassil, Undercity will they be restored ? Who's next on the list ?

Found it, wow classic n11 intro

What the hell is going on here.

Also, Aatsui, I’m pretty sure you’re better than this. Just do something else and let things be if you can’t conduct things properly.

No one likes their faction being told trash or insulted repeatedly on a weekly basis, and some enjoy abusing ability on others. But i’d prefer it if we could tone things down to a certain standard in which we could at least have a discussion that this forum is meant to be for.

4 Likes

im well aware of that fact lorewise they are fixed and issues resolved but people do still want them updated for years and they have dont nothing which is the point of this topic.
lore wise Gilnens may even have their city back and gnomeegran may be safe but i doubt any of these places will be updated in game to ever reflect lore.

1 Like

Sorry
no restores, no refunds.

1 Like

As for rebuilding cities, I doubt will see that happen anytime soon. As you stated, maybe not even for several expacks.

Far fetched af, but if they decide to do so, I hope they’ll at least somehow “merge” a city fot both Gilneans and Night Elves. Both aesthetics packed into a huge city, perhaps several districts where X amount of districts is Gilnean based, and the other Night Elven based. I think it could work to intertwine both aesthetics, it could look really good if it’s pulled off well. By giving them a city back (this goes for other races too.) it could perhaps give back some of that racial identity.
Also more cities. Yay!
Considering the relationship between the Worgen and Night elves it makes sense to me that it could look something like that.

I hope what’s left of cities in WoW remain untouched, unless it’s a revamp to match the current lore. Silvermoon doesn’t have all those fel-crystals lingering anymore.
And I want to see a new Exodar. That place is dope, and could look pretty amazing with a revamp.

5 Likes

The last lore we have on Gilneas is that it is uninhabitable to both sides, due to the diet blight used on the place. You can -go- there, and if you take precautions you can make forays into the place, but it is not fit for habitation in the conventional sense. It’s like Chernobyl. You do get some mad (and incredibly brave) members of a scientific team who ‘live’ there, furthering our knowledge of radiation. They don’t live in the town itself however, that would be fatal, they wear hazmat suits whenever they step outside of their sealed laboratory complex, and can only do so for a certain amount of time per trip before their Dosimeters go nuts. Gilneas is apparently like that, for everyone, even Forsaken. You can visit, but you can’t live there.

Gnomeregan is a weird one. Lore wise Operation Gnomeregan was a partial success, the upper levels of Gnomeregan were retaken, the lower levels still contested, this is only just, and not really, shown by the change to the starting Gnome experience, which starts with the character being decontaminated by S.A.F.E operatives, in the upper levels. Even so, there are still enemy mobs, whereas lorewise those places have been pacified. certainly in ‘Cut Short’, Gelbin Mekkatorque is actually in his old home in Gnomeregan, when an old acquaintance makes an unpleasant re-appearance. (If you haven’t read that one, give it a shot, gives a whole new aspect to Gnomes, makes you realise how -uncomedy- they are, and also shows why a)Gelbin’s class would be Warrior, and b) Why Gnomes in combat are actually pretty darned scary, and perfectly able to take on larger opponents.

You are however essentially right, though. We’re not going to see Gilneas revamped, which is a shame, I love its aesthetic, but now that Boralus has appeared, the aesthetic is already in game, and Gnomeregan is just, well, Blizzard don’t really care about Gnomes, the other Alliance races don’t really matter, they exist to be maimed/killed off so that the humans can go "No! " in a dramatic fashion. “How dare they kill person X who is not human so doesn’t matter, I will have my vengeance”.

I mean check out the Cinematic of them taking down the Golden Armada. Blazing Siege Weaponry comes hurtling in. Jaina does that awful ‘dab’ thing and throws a shield up, like its a big deal (Eesh, you get that skill well before max level :smiley: ) Whereas Mekkatorque, like the BAMF he is, takes the hit, takes the pain, pulls himself together and completes the job.

Realising he is starting to look too competent, Blizzard take steps to remedy this, and he is now a popsicle. No Jaina’s were harmed in the production of that raid. Mores the pity.

So realistically only Stormwind and Orgrimmar are ever likely to get updates, and I can even see the reasons why; Whilst on Argent Dawn, Silvermoon is a busy hub of RP for Sin’dorei and Shal’dorei as well as visitors from across the pond of Kalimdor, on ‘Normal’ realms it is a ghost town. Everywhere is, apart from Orgrimmar. Because all the Dragon Punchers and Jumping Monkeys park themselves there, and queue up for their Raid, or BG, and don’t care about the rest of the game world. This is why Stormwind and Orgrimmar have -all- the facilities other cities often lack, and why they have districts that are ‘No-Go’ areas for people trying to play as an MMORPG (Trade District for Stormwind, Valley of Strength for Orgrimmar) because they are full of OOC’ers, Oh how I wish I could banish that gangrel caitiff species from RP servers

But anyway, as we saw with the Stormwind Park fiasco “Muh Park District was destroyed! Blizzard, you must bring back the Park District, this must be your ultimate priority, You Must!” In the background Ironforge, Gnomeregan, Gilneas, Exodar, Echo Isles, Silvermoon, Kezan et al turn to their mates and go “Hold my Beer”

Guess what got the update? One poxy district in the Human Capital.

This proves the power of whinge is strong. When it is Human Potential whinge only, of course.

I -was- almost glad, as this meant that other locations would remain as they were, however the destruction of Darnassus and Undercity have shown that they are quite happy to update other racial zones as long as it is to destroy them, But not Stormwind, no, not Orgrimmar (Despite the place just being frickin’ sieged). They have to remain perfect

2 Likes

Not really. We had rogue quests after that where Gilneas City was seemingly in the hands of a black dragon and his followers. (See https://wow.gamepedia.com/Our_Man_in_Gilneas and follow-up,)

There is no consistency.

2 Likes

The Rogue quests were prior to the latest canon info, The most recent UVG was released after the Rogue quests, plus, as I kinda said, you’re going there for a short time and doing a thing, you’re not -living- there. Uninhabitable (Which is the word Blizz used) doesn’t mean you can’t physically go to a place, or do things there, just that you couldn’t -Live- there. Sort of like Coventry in the UK on a Saturday night at around 11.30 p.m.

1 Like

Never got my hands on it, and never took it seriously, really. Too much :cow2::poop: in it, from what I heard. But if the rogue quest was a source, wouldn’t that be a contradiction? Or do you think the land was blighted after the rogue quest? Wouldn’t make much sense to me.

Building an army is not a short-term thing.

2 Likes

Sad but true, a lot of the newer releases make me go “What, but no! That’s not how it happened! I played WCIII!” This said, it references events that nobody played through so I kinda just go “Oh, OK, if you say so.”
I did once run a Sun Hawks event where we went to Gilneas, everybody togged up their characters in Haz-mat-ish gear, and Facemasks, it was awesome, visually.

Not really, the Blighting of it happened at the time of the Cataclysm, in fact was dependent upon the Cataclysm to happen, as hitherto Gilneas was protected by a system of reefs that were shattered when Deathwing broke free. (No idea how Garrosh knew about this, or that it was the perfect time to attack Gilneas, or even -WHY- he wanted to attack Gilneas, He already -has- two Deep Water Ports on Eastern Kingdoms).

The Land was blighted prior to the Rogue quest, basically.

Takes me less than an hour to recruit a whole unit.

I’m jesting

Seriously though, that’s a game mechanic representation of reinforcements arriving, unless we actually think that clicking on a flag instantly teleports a fully equipped military unit to your aid.

Nobody lives in Gilneas basically. You can visit, carry out research, you’re not going to open a bed and breakfast there

1 Like

which was my point, yes.

1. Cata comes with the blight-attack.
  2. Rogue-quests show a lived-in Gilneas.
  3. UVG says that Gilneas was uninhabitable at point 2.

Seems like a clear contradiction to me.

No, it’s a quote from the quest text.
“He’s amassing an army in Gilneas.”

So the question really is what sources to ignore. And if we are at that point you already agree with my conclusion above.

1 Like

Thanks for your replies guys.

This is exactly my thoughts over Undercity, Darkshore and to some extent Gnomeran.

It seems everything that is contaminated by blight becomes improper for living.
Like a nuclear contaminated zone.

Undercity has more blight than any other place, like another Chernobyl.
The Night Elves contested zone, from what I saw in the Warfront, could, perhaps be compared to Fukushima.
Teldrassil wasn’t blighted, it was burned, but there’s blight being used as a weapon all over Darkshore, conflict.

I read this on US forums:

“She’s plaguing the land now.”

“It’s a matter of “If we wait, this land will be uninhabitable. It will be corrupt, evil, blighted and dead”. This was made pretty clear in the lead up to the Night Warrior scenario, with rivers running green with blight, clouds of poison gas, and forsaken characters actively saying they are blighting the forests.”

Activision Blizzard sure loves that green stuff.
Nathanos even has Blight in his last name.
Nathanos Blightcaller.

As for Gnomeran, Brigante stated that, it was a Gnome who invented.
When I look at Gnomeran dungeon that place looks infested by chemicals.

It seems during Cata, the Alliance, tried to restore it, but they didn’t make it.

Cheers.

I think the ideal world for Blizzard is the World where there is only one Capital City, and both Alliance and the Horde is living there.

Regarding topic, Blizzard told that the story of Lordaeron is not over yet. So this city will be 100 % restored in some way.
Regarding Teldrassil, it’s very hard to make a tree as a Capital, to have it 3D from game mechanic. Also knowing that Blizzard are Night Elves haters, Teldrassil will 100% not going to be restored.

Regarding “who is next”, I don’t think that Thunder Bluff will be destroyed now, because it’s will be to obvious from story perspective. But I do think that the next city that will be destroyed (maybe in next addon), will be Thunder Bluff. Because that city was not updated since Classic, and this city is not popular just like Teldrassil.

1 Like

Anduin was right, period. Anyone who thinks Tyrande was right has no clue what they are talking about.

To be honest there was a quote from a Night Elf player, in the US forums, that stated that Darkshore is so contaminated, that will not be able to be occupied for years.

But I couldn’t find it.
That was the closest I got.

My opinion:
There was no purpose going back to that place.
The civilians were either dead or evacuated.
Tyrande should had used her valuable troops in assisting Anduin, to defeat the Horde, than go back to Darkshore.
Thus maintaining Genn where he is needed, beside Anduin.

Cheers.

I’m looking at the situation from Anduin’s perspective. With his forces stretched thin, it is mongoloid to start a new front, let alone in a place so far from your powerbase like Darkshore. Anduin made the right call.

That’s is maybe the better opinion but how many hopes can you put in the current high king which only think about to have peace again?

Yes, he thinks about peace. Maybe because there is a satanic sword plunged in the planet’s core and an old god on the loose. Perhaps senseless bloodshed with the Horde is not the preferable course of action.

Well remeber there’s a say, if you can’t fight them, join them, for Anduin is: recruit them.

In the cinematic lost honor Anduin cleary states that Stormwind is clearly running out of man to supply their military.
Jaina admits that if Baine is killed than all hope for a peaceful ending will be gone.

I think none wins in a war of annihilation.

Only the Old Gods.

There was another quote from Medieval Total War 2:
“A bad peace is better than the most just of wars”.
Something like that.

Remember Europe in medieval period ?
England and France were constantly at war.
We even had the 100 year war.

And we have this as well:

That’s my opinion.
Cheers.

It’s not an opinion, it’s a fact. Only a complete idiot wouldn’t want to end the war with the Horde when N’Zoth has freed himself.