Teldrassil, Undercity will they be restored ? Who's next on the list ?

Or he is clearly implying that they had such a wealth of soldiers before, that they didn’t even have to stoop to conscription. :wink:

1 Like

I’d understand if Tyrande went for her gut feeling.
Given his past decisions, Anduin (and Stormwind) are infamous for leaving their allies hanging regarding their pleas.
Regardless if it was for the greater good, the Alliance has repeatedly procrastinated several big things about their allies interests. Namely, Gilneas, Gnomeregan, etc.

There is always an excuse, and there is always a reason, but i understand if Tyrande (or anyone) would be willing to stamp their foot down and act illogical instead of being left hanging.

edit: But i do find weird that Tyrande had enough spare troops to throw into the suicide army in Zuldazar.

5 Likes

Sorry.
I mistyped.

I meant: “that’s my opinion.” as usual.

Cheers.

The right opinion. Anduin’s got the right idea. N’Zoth takes precedence over whatever ragtag band Sylvanas has left.

1 Like

I am still waiting for Activision Blizzard to explain where all those thousands of Orc soldiers came from, when Saurfang was preparing to march to Ashenvale.

I thought we lost everything with Vol’Jin in the Broken Shore.
We took massive causalties … so where this people came from ?

Cheers.

They don’t even got Gilneas after SoO… how is it to explain?

The lore is so great that Genn and the worgen go to Darkshore, while also fighting in Nazmir and Zuldazar…

3 Likes

There’s no build up for BfA, in my opinion.

We came from a state not only we defeated the burning legion, Sargeras left us with another problem.

If Azeroth dies it’s the end.

And now Sylvanas remembers to take the opportunity to wage war on the Alliance ?

If anyone thought about it, on the Horde side, this is what would had happen:

See how that cavalry charge went ?
None followed the commander because it was suicidal.

Of course they can say: “It’s old gods.”
But while we could see the manifestation of it in MoP.
We just get a few glances of it, in BfA.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Same place as the Alliance ones did? Neither side sent their full forces, and held some in reserve, obviously.

They were there all along, both Factions lost a lot of people, but both still have thousands left.

Because it is ‘Uninhabitable’ to both Alliance and Horde, yes, even the Forsaken. You can visit there, fight battles there even, but you can’t -live- there…

2 Likes

Isn’t it split between forsaken controlling the coasts and gilneans controlling the city and main land?

I’d have thought so by now, personally, but no, latest canon source says that whilst both factions do send troops there and fight over it, it is, as a nation ‘Uninhabitable’ Which does rather make you wonder what the bloody point of fighting over it is, but then stranger things have happened in real life, so eh…

And why Sylvanas assumed that the Gilneans would be angry that the alliance would help to conquer Teldrassil rather then Gilneas?

1 Like

Because Brigante is assuming he is stating a truth about the world, when it is really just a truth about the plot at that time. Gilneas is uninhabitable, if they want it to be, inhabited when they want it to be, in undead hands if they want it to be, empty of troops if they want it to be, and whatever else they want it to be. No, you shouldn’t be able to build armies there and at the same time claim it’s uninhabitable. But Blizzard will do it.

Gilneas is a prime example of Blizzard not caring about any kind of consistency at all.

Just like Gnomeregan, by the way, with very much the same problems. Just enchange “blight” with “radiation” and “Undead” with “Leper Gnomes”

3 Likes

So Gilneas is literally the plot device which they can always change to their favor, amirite?

Until they put work into putting new graphics/NPCs into it, they will always default back to its engine-state, no matter if it makes sense or not, and no matter if it contradicts anything they said elsewhere.

Well, I’m not. I mean I could care less about it, but only by making a concerted effort. I am however stating the last Canon Lore on Gilneas, which I’m sorry if it is unpleasant, and you don’t like it that way, but -is- how it is.

I think you misunderstand what ‘Uninhabitable’ means. You seem to think it means that people can’t go there, take armies there, and fight battles there. That is not what Uninhabitable means. Uninhabitable means that for all the possibility of doing those things, you could not, with any degree of safety, live in a cottage there. Blizzard have never been inconsistent about this, it has -always- been the case. Uninhabitable literally means, ‘Not Suitable for Habitation’. It does not mean “You cannot physically go to this place, " or, it will physically kill you stone dead within seconds” It means “If you go and settle home there, just don’t start reading any long books, you won’t find out how they end”

It -is- consistent. That’s the problem with it. But still, Gilneas City is way towards the back of the queue in places that need updating, Silvermoon, Exodar and Gnomeregan are front of the queue…

I think it means you can’t build up and provision armies there.

What is “any degree of safety”? I mean… does Duskwood count as inhabitable? Pretty dagerous place, as far as I can tell. I wouldn’t want to live in a cottage there. Neither do places like the Barrens or Durotar sound as survivable to most people. Outland is clearly stated to be unhabitable. And it is quite clearly inhabited. Long-term.

Really, if that’s what unhabitable means… it seems to mean nothing at all for WoW.

1 Like

Its a battleground. I’m pretty sure that by talking briefly to Garona, I cannot suddenly have Pandaren soldiers arrive to fight within minutes. I’m pretty sure that’s not how it works.

Well, I mean the term is pretty obvious, I don’t think there are actual words that can describe it better. I mean no, that’s it, unless there is some esoteric language with bizarre words, then ‘any degree of safety’ means what it means.

Did it? Yes, if you stuck to the paths and the major settlements, even so there was a strong feeling of abandonment. The local hazards are unfriendly, but the terrain itself is habitable, yes. Duskwood absolutely is habitable.

And yet people do, both locations, whilst the situations are trying, are both most definitely Habitable.

I’m not sure a world that is spiralling down the plug hole of existence, where crops can’t grow and the wildlife is tainted counts as Habitable. You could go there for a nostalgia kick, if you were an Orc or a Draenei, but…its really not a great place to go. It is habitable, currently. It is becoming Uninhabitable. That’s the whole point of the place, the life was sucked out of it, it is a dying world.

1 Like

Nothing you said concerened my point at all, really. And yes, I’ll leaver it at that, without restating my case.

Good, as your point was never clear, and not made in such terms that it could be debated over, as it was never clear in the first place, probably best it remains that way.