Tenders in 10.1.5

Tbh, I do think it’s kind of gross/disgusting that there are so many shop mounts and cosmetic sets, but m+ players reaching 2.5k or 3k get nothing unique. Not even some tabard or shirt. Just nothing basically except a title I guess

1 Like

I think I was just vindicated in my post…

Afenton as well.

The community. Always ready to grab a pitchfork.

2 Likes

Weve seen enough Frankensteins monsters from Blizz to be suspicous.

I hope I am wrong. I hope I look like a huge fool.

I agree, and like i said:

To express concern or dissatisfaction over possibility that more cosmetics will be added to the cash shop is THE CORRECT stance.

I genuinely forgot that the community council was a thing, I don’t see how this excludes one of those methods of acquisition being real life money tho.
At the very least it could be a goose, but I’m not wholly convinced that its not a duck yet and would say there’s still a reasonable assumption to be made that it could still be coming to the store.
Time will tell at this point.

This is not an arguement this is an attack thank you.
People don’t take attacks serious in an arguement btw so best to stop goofing.

And that is fair enough, you can say “I would be really disappointed if they started selling tender in the store, it would be a bad move on Blizzards part” because that isn’t taking the might as 100% fact but still shows disapproval of the idea.

Others are seeing the wowhead article and running with it as tender is definitely going to be in the cash shop, was always intended to be on the cash shop and have their pitchforks out.

I just got another wowhead alert on my phone about 3 new pets datamined for 10.1.5 no mention of their source it just says “We are still unsure about the exact names and sources of most of these pets,…” so why aren’t these items being attributed as possibly being for the store? Pets are more likely to be added and have been before? Why is there no threads about the possibly of their being new store pets? because the word “store” didn’t appear in the article on wowhead and it wasn’t necessary on the tender article either.

Its not an attack against the individual but a statement of fact about the attitude in general. It is not in the best interst of the average individual to defend the interst of greedy companies that see you as a something that generates revenue, not a person. They dont care about the individual (or the product for that matter). And by the time most people realise what has happened its is already too late to stop it. It makes the game worse for everyone at every level, for every type of play and player. If we dont stamp our feet and say so now, it might be viewed as we are happy for it. I would rather look a fool and be wrong than be silent and upset.

The amount of copium and wbite knighting is terryfing.

I honestly cannot imagine what people who defend battlepasses and predatory monetization think

Idk, I don’t see the issue.

ESO has the very same system with a similar currency. So does Destiny 2 have these with Bright Dust days.

• Real money currency (unlimited, costs money)
  • In-game earned currency (limited per week/month, costs no money)

An IRL shop is for selling stuff and making money. You generally don’t gift away your wares for free. That’s not so much different in games. And especially the Auction House players here should be familiar with this principle :roll_eyes:

It is no surprise they are adding this. And honestly, I don’t care. As long as they don’t overprice the items I want, needing my entire tenders worth and/or resetting my current tender of 3000 I have, I see no real issue with this.

Only thing I question is if this money will go partially directly into further game development or simply the superiors pockets.

I don’t know what do they think?

yes it is. But too many people in this thread have swapped this word,

For this word.

Certainty.

Just look at the first post I quoted. But then again. It IS Lilith…

if you’re looking for a well reasoned standpoint and not one that just resorts to buzzwords, you generally skip past Lilith unless you want to emphasise a point.

2 Likes

What ab absolute poopoo attitude. Everything is “irrelevant”. It’s a video game.

1 Like

eso doesn’t have a mandatory monthly subscription tho, those games need to monetize as much as they can to get resources, we already pay a fee to play the game here

And what if Blizzard say “ok…”

Will “the community” accept it?

To give the short answer. No. They will just continue to do what they always do. Follow a lead like lost sheep even if it leads them down to a dark hole where they look silly.

Sorry Lilith, white knighting again.

Souldefiler, never one to criticise Blizzard. Ever.

That’s a fair point. But ESO has optional ESO+ which does give you benefits you don’t get for paying no gametime (which you still need to do btw on Xbox/PSN due to platform services technically).

Without ESO+:

• No Access to all DLC game packs (unless owned/bought)
  • No Free crowns for the in-game Crown Store
  • No Access to the Craft Bag
  • No Double bank space
  • No Bonuses to progression
  • No Increased Furniture placement limits
  • No Costume dyeing
  • No Double Transmute Crystal capacity
  • No Exclusive access to unique Crown Store deals

With ESO+:

• Access to all DLC game packs
  • Free crowns for the in-game Crown Store
  • Access to the Craft Bag
  • Double bank space
  • Bonuses to progression
  • Increased Furniture placement limits
  • Costume dyeing
  • Double Transmute Crystal capacity
  • Exclusive access to unique Crown Store deals

For instance, if WoW would be BuyOncePlayForever (BOPF), we would have for example limitations on transmogging or crafting. Or at other points like a much higher fee for fast travel, etc.

All life is like that though.

You can get two t shirts in a supermarket for £5 but people still spend £25+ on a single t shirt. If simping for overpriced garbage goes away tons of companies will collapse.

i pay for eso+ but it’s just a premium service we can’t put it on the same level as wow’s fee, many people don’t pay for eso+ especially if they only do pvp so the subscriber amount is nowhere near the player amount. yes wow has token son not everyone here pays either but that token also grants them money too, if it wasn’t profitable they would end it.

Actually we can compare it partially:

WoW Gametime includes:

• Access to World of Warcraft above lvl 20
  • Access to World of Warcraft (WotLK) Classic
  • Access to all older DLCs of Retail for Free (except current Expansion)
  • Access to trading (you can’t trade afaik as a “Trial” character)

you don’t need eso plus to login and play eso, you need wow subscription to play wow

Incorrect. You can log into WoW and play it til level 20 as part of the trial.

You just can’t play it to the full extent.

as you said, that’s trial , you can fully play eso without subscription if you bought the expansions and dlcs, wow doesn’t offer that kind of system