The aftermath of phase 2 is just beginning

I have 3 heroes, 2 of which are Alliance, which I transferred off ZT to Earthshaker and 1 Horde Rogue on Bloodfang.

I know and speak to a lot players from both Alliance and Horde on servers like Firemaw and Shazzrah and I’m going to tell you how how the situation is developing and what will happen in just 1 to 2 months.

Shazzrah and Firemaw have overwhelming Horde populations, it’s between 70 and 80% Horde there and it gets worse by the day. If PvP>PvE servers are opened from these realms, they’ll become 90-95% Horde in no less than a week and Blizzard know that. If the situation isn’t changed, the servers will still end as 90-95% Horde, just in a matter of 1-2 months.

With more content coming, raids will get harder and guilds will require better gear from people who want to raid. The faction with lower population will have absolutely no new characters coming because leveling has become impossible due to the roaming groups of 60s who just kill everything from 20 to 60 without remorse.

Those who somehow manage to get 60, will have no one to gear up with as no one will do UBRS/BRD/Strat and Scholo. Battlegrounds will mean that most people will just sit in the cities and and WPvP will slow down even further.

Geared people will simply raidlog and the faction with less people will be non-existent. The world will become a ghost town.

The Blackrock rats who spend 12 hours a day will hit rank 7-8 and will start to have almost no progress despite playing harder than ever due to the insane competition for honor on the faction with more people.

The result for most PvP servers with a Horde majority will be:

• Very long battleground queues
  • Facing a majority of Alliance super-geared and coordinated premades
  • No WPvP as the Alliance players would have simply stopped playing and those who leveled to 60 will just raid log and move as 40 to raids
  • Leveling an alt will be easy, but will bear no rewards as most people will be looking at battlegrounds or high-end raiding. Finding groups will be near impossible even on a high pop server with a 95% faction dominance

This will without a doubt happen with the most populated servers. Low/Med pop servers like Earthshaker (the one I transferred my 2 Alliance characters from ZT) will suffer the same fate, just slower. The server is currently being advertised as 55-45 for the Horde side, but the reality is that it’s at least 60 bordering on 70%.

Despite the lower number of Horde players you’re forced to encounter, you cannot experience the game for which you pay for.

Menethil is camped 24/7, there are 20-30 Blackrock rats at all times, every single vein/herb is taken where black lotuses are now up to 90g. Winterspring has about 3 groups of 3-5 players who are roaming endlessly 24 hours a day, LHC is camped for about 17 hours a day by at least 10 people.

Now, this makes leveling almost impossible for Alliance players and those like me who are already geared and with a good guild find ways to play the game and raid. Regardless, I’m still missing half of the game I and many others pay for due to factors outside of my control:

• I cannot practice my professions
  • I cannot quest
  • I cannot go to an instance without wasting 30 minutes in corpse running due to facing ganking raids
  • I cannot level an alt as even Redridge and Ashenvale are camped for about 10 hours a day

Keep in mind this is the situation in a server which is “officially” at 55-45. This server and many like it will slowly keep moving up the ladder 55-60-65-70 etc.

Like I mentioned above however, this will all be seen in the coming months as the Holidays will end, most people will get back to work/school, battlegrounds will be available, most people would have quit on the faction with lower people and then the brownies will hit the fan.

Most people I know from overpopulated servers (on the Horde side) say they are completely disgusted and say that they would’ve quit if the same was happening to them. They are right however, many people are quitting and they are quitting en masse because Blizzard doesn’t want to pull the plug on the failed experiment and open up transfers to PvE.

The Blackrock rats and shills who spam people to re-roll to PvE and to just pick the winning faction next time, would have been driven mad if the same thing was happening to them.

So, my hat’s off to all the Alliance bros who keep up the fight in this rigged game. To the Horde players that actually understand the situation and can see how things will end, keep speaking out.

25 Likes

But we know all of that already buddy, there was no need to write all of this.

4 Likes

This sums it up pretty good, it is going downhill a lot faster than what blizzard probably estimated (end of next year when shadowlands will be launched). This is why I keep saying that adjustments to the game must be made (including transfers to pve and faction change from horde to alliance).

1 Like

Why would you transfer away from zt? Anyway good luck with you new alli character reroll on ZT.

Who have you been talking to? Horde controls a lot of the neutral FPs but they rarely hold dungeon entrances for very long at the moment. Neither side has an easy time questing/gathering stuff.

Totaly agree with u mate. Hope Blizzard have solution for this mess.

One one hand I hate to see Classic fail because of this. On the other hand, I enjoy seeing Blizzard getting economically punished for changing the game so much and handling the launch so poorly.

7 Likes

This works for both factions. Blizzard were lazy, they chased the easy money.

1 Like

What we need are ‘is classic dieing’ threads, like the ‘is wow dieing’ threads of last several years in main forum.

I’m sure you are one of those people that follow fifties going to BRM from flame crest just to kill them even if they give no honor already.

Im more like a STV nesingwary camper type.

I wonder where all those “PvP server is the real WoW experience” posts go. They were all over the board this Summer, but all I can see now is ppl asking for transfers to PvE servers. Weren’t PvE servers supposed to “die soon” anyway?

2 Likes

yet another waste of a post. Listen to some Katy perry and stop crying

While we all know this on some level, you’ve done a remarkable job of summing it up. Well done. However, I see no solution, this is no longer a what if situation, but inevitability imo.

1 Like

The damage is done. Blizzard should have reacted in the first week of honor release and either drop battlegrounds immediately (if able) or simply reroll back the patch and remove the honor system until they could add it with control.
What happened next was people unable to play from weeks on end while obnoxious idiotic forum trolls cried “go back to retail” or “what did you expect from a pvp server”, further damaging the community and in the end the game itself.
People behaving like savages and whoring themselves for some honor points, while trying to convince themselves that they do it because they enjoyed wpvp and that this unplayable situation is “the soul of vanilla wow”. Most of these hypocrites and clowns never went near world pvp in phase 1.
A good portion of losing faction is gone, on many servers. Like OP said, this creates a snowball effect of decreased activity for the dead faction.
The only solution now would be faction changes or server merges in some cases, although there’s still a lot more extra horde servers than alliance, since many people just switched faction and many alliance players left.

I rerolled PvE (still horde) from what used to be a balanced server with a great community (Razorgore) simply because I hated the toxicity that was happening (on both sides). I’m not going back, ever, even if I played on PvP servers all my WoW lifetime (day 1 vanilla to halfway in MoP). I will miss the thrill of uncertainty and imminent danger when meeting the opposite faction and the occasional skirmish outside instances or meeting stones. But it’s worth losing that to stay away from the community that actively raids questing people like they’re just another resource, honor nodes.

8 Likes

Most pvp servers are 70%+ hordes. Actually most of europe players playing horde . How can blizzard force people play Alliance since most of europe players prefer horde .

Bgs will be crossrealm and we all know hordes from all servers will have big queues because they are more by choice.

Fed up of it… This sums up how I’ve been feeling, can’t level, can’t quest, probably going to leave.

1 Like

Well. They are all going to complain when the AQ event starts.
“EFEFES BLIZZARD!” There are no faction X, so we cant do the event on our realm! EFEFES BLIZZARD!"
Well you reap what you sow.

4 Likes

Its a good summary. I have moved to a PvE realm to escape from the mindless gankfest that is the sorry excuse for PvP that we have.

Blizz will ultimately merge some realms together and re-introduce layers to the new realm

Give it 3 months max