The DH problem

Hello,
As we all know(except some dh it seems) there currently is a big issue about demon hunter being just way too good at everything.

Some might ask why does it matter, why would I care if somoene play a stronger class than yours?
Well simply put: competition
If im going to pug for keys and compete with demon hunter im less likely to be invited
If i pvp, demon hunter being so strong and easy to play mean that you will feel the same pressure than when you face a high ranked player of any other class.
And also it make you feel let down from the game, why struggling so much being slow and having one niche when you play unholy when dh are playing an other game and top everything without ever struggling

How do i think the dh problem should be adressed?
Their damage is currently very strong in every situation because of the eye beam azerite trait, they should tune it down

But tuning the damage only wont fix the elephant in the room: dh have no weaknesses

I think that blizzard should give a clear and strong weakness to demon hunter: survivability
It would be a nerf that would be the less felt by dh player and that would balance them the best in my opinion.

First thing first, lets talk about the insanity that is blur
A 1minute cooldown that give 35% damage reduction and 50% dodge for 10sec
It is literaly op, it is by far the best defensive in the game, i think that a 20% dr and 20% dodge for 5sec would make it average but still a reliable cooldown.

Next madness is their selfhealing:
They have 10% leech all the time and 40% under meta it is way too much.
The leech talent should give 5% period, meta leech should be removed.

Their immunity: should be changed into a simple movement speed buff

Demonic souls: nerf to 1% and 5% when demon soul and buffed while out of combat

Blade dance dodge : should be replaced with 20% avoidance

Thanks for reading and sorry for the mistakes, english is not my first language.

16 Likes

Iā€™m just here to see all the triggered responses from a certain few delusional DH mains.

10 Likes

scapegoat

/ĖˆskeÉŖpɔəŹŠt/

noun

a person who is blamed for the wrongdoings, mistakes, or faults of others, especially for reasons of expediency.

3 Likes

Im not using them as a scapegoat, im just a random player who want the game to better and a better class balance will lead to an healthier game

3 Likes

Looks at title

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
GET YA POPCORN, SALTY / BUTTERY POPCORN!!
.+ its still a hero class

4 Likes

class balance is whats ruining the game seeing as how blizzard balances around the 1% and their ridiculous need to be equal

they balance around esports and maths instead of fun

classes being different from eachother should be the goal, clear differences that lead to meaningful player choices

and not what class has some immunity to exploit or is able to cheese some mechanic

dh could use some tweaking sure, but before long theyll just be another dime a dozen class with nothing that makes them special like the rest of us

other classes need to be buffed and changed, imbalance needs to be embraced

screw esports and min/maxers

8 Likes

My problem isnā€™t really the damage, the rotation is very simple yeah, but only within the burst period. And compared to many other classes itā€™s a really quick rotation you have a lot of APM to achieve that damage. Itā€™s the azerite traits and corruptions that are a big part of the problem right now.

I agree with our self sustain is mad. I have managed to stay alive when all the other teammates go down, especially doing The bursting affix, simply due to soul shards. Leech ainā€™t that significant. A nerf to the spawn rate of soul shards instead.

My really big issue with DH, is the mobility. I mentioned it in another post.

But reduce fel charge and maybe remove double jumping and keep glide as it is. Or keep double jump, and nerf glide instead.
Reduce the passive movement speed increase it getā€™s as well.

But iā€™ll wait until Shadowlands. See where we stand when other classes gets unpruned.

2 Likes

Removing the fun out of a spec isnā€™t really the way to go imo. Iā€™d rather have them give the +5% magic DMG to another class than loose my haste burst.

Why the hell would you make our biggest strength a weakness ? DH are resilient and have burst AOE, thatā€™s their strength. We can work with the rotation (the fact that you have the exact same rotation for st and aoe is a targetable issue for instance)

Nerf the CD, not the duration. 5 sec is far too short for it to have any decent impact especially in PvP.

There are issues with havoc but I overall fundamentally disagree with your suggestions. Do not take away whatā€™s unique from specs for the sake of balance.

3 Likes

Im only talking about bfa, that why a suggest tuning survivabilty :slight_smile: removing a charge of fel rush would hurt dh player and it would be a class design change more than a tuning
For souls shard, nerfing the spawn wouldnt change the fact that dh would get randomly 20% of their hp back and chaos nova proc souls shard so thats why i advised to nerf it in combat and leave it as an outdoor out of combat regen

2 Likes

Iā€™m just gonna leave this hereā€¦

2 Likes

Starting a mythic reset the cool-down of Meta

You canā€™t enter a keystone anymore when youā€™re in meta.

1 Like

Can they still use their double jump/improved movement speed slowfall in Capture the Flag maps?

1 Like

There is quite a gap between balance and homogenisation
I suggest dh to have strengh and weakness, a good how to achieve balance. Not for everyone having the same strengh and weakness

If we buff other class to dh level, healer will disapear and mount will become useless

2 Likes

Iā€™d much rather see some talents become baseline and some base skills become talents. Immolation aura is something Iā€™d really love to see become baseline, while I think that a new row could be introduced that lets us pick between Darkness, Consume Magic and perhaps a new utility skill.

Additionally, I think the option of a secondary resource could be added, letā€™s call it ā€œfel batteryā€. It would give you an additional resource that would fill up whenever you collect souls. This would remove the healing aspect and instead charges your ā€œbatteryā€. It would change the eye beam duration based on the fel battery charge. Additionally you could also have fel barrage use this resource, making this skill baseline. This in turn could increase the cooldown of blade dance, making it less ā€œrotationā€ AoE.

1 Like

Adding and removing spell only occurs at the star of expansion thats why we have to tune other things, but i agree that the 5%buff should go to warlock

Survivaibilty biggest strengh of dh?
No one can agree on the biggest strengh of dh everything they have is very overtuned and they burst and sustain well in every situation not only aoe

Well for a 35% dr and 50% dodge, considering icebound fortitude is a 30%dr for 8 sec with an stun immunity, blur would need to be at at least 4 minute cooldown then, could work.

They dont have anything unique:
Mobility is just monk in disguise
Self healing is dk
Darkness is anti magic zone
Chaos brand is a warlock curse
Meta is a warlock cooldown

They are more thief than unique which makes them rogues too

2 Likes

You dont know Blizzard very muchā€¦ Huh?

2 Likes

I will add my own useless info here:

What does DH stand for?

Summary

Die Hard with a Vengeance

2 Likes

Yet the DH dashes are affected by slows, unlike any other gap closer in the game afaik.

DK heals based on damaged suffered while DH has to dps. No healing burst either.

No other cd has this effect afaik.

Blade dance is an unique ability with a windowed 100% dodge for 1sec. Thatā€™s the only ability in the game which offers this kind of utility.

They have the only ability (fel barrage) which damages scale with haste rather than shorten the cast and isnā€™t nerfed based on the number of ennemies hit, unlike every single aoe in the game.

Can see through stealth and invisibility, thatā€™s unique too.

just because a spell is unique doesnā€™t mean itā€™s healthy for the game. if you had to use it to avoid stuff then thatā€™d be fine i guess but atm its part of your braindead rotation.

2 Likes

i retard broter dh man diffrance between bm and dh like noting between both stupid ez to play master

1 Like