The empty server experience - depopulating flamelash horde

Hello. This is a thread directed directly to blizzard. As i see no big chances of any horde guild coming to our server.

As the alliance project is getting near with like 300 signed players. Hurray for them.

In november last year a free transfer off the realm enabled players in big numbers to migrate from our server.

We then opened aq on our own followed by some more horde guilds leaving.

Here we are today with the current situation.
There are weekly pugs going for MC, BWL, AQ20 and ZG.
But as the content is getting worn out and shadowlands approaching. Signups have been thinner for several guilds.

Ive been talking to some guilds and they feel let down by the game as they see no opportunitys of recruiting. Most guilds on the server are nisch guilds so merging them is not really an option.

One can always level an alt. But when you have 4 alts and no groups going on your realm other than on raidnights. It gets boring quick and other games have more to offer. Raiding with 33 works for a while but it soon becomes a sinking ship.

Our guild allready merged with 2 other guilds and there isnt rly any more guilds to merge with.

Flamelash is a great server with a good community. But as there is not much to do other than wait for shadowlands to finish and then go naxxramas in the spring. All im saying is there wont be much left of the horde side of the server by then.

If thats what blizzard intends, then by all means, keep going.
But im guessing more servers that arnt superservers are experiencing the same thing.

I for one would be happy if a servermerge happened or if transfered opened up again back to our server just like it did the other way around.

Ive been made aware of the issues by other guilds and therefor i take the freedom to speak for them as a plea to blizzard to help us out to keep our realm fun and somewhat interesting as the game in its current state doesnt really have much to offer any of our guilds. How many characters can you get exalted on and tier2 geared?

Its sad to hear guilds say “were probably giving up on naxx, but we had a good run for it on an empty server” as player base declines.

As flamelash is a blizzard server id like to think they would want a statusreport on it. Why i made the post.

Thx for reading.

2 Likes

You are obviously involved in the project talking about how your project will be world famous.

Not even the horde on the same server cares about you mate and talks about quiting the game.

You can do your STV campfire. Gon be great. Ill stand in og and wait for all the imaginary hordes to arrive in your honor.

2 Likes

Aha ok now do the opposite of what you just did here to build some hype and excitement to have more Horde roll on Flamelash again.

Im just brainstorming here but maybe Horde could copy the Reinforcements project if its successfull?

5 Likes

don’t you have other guilds struggling just merge with another guild to fill up rooster and rotate out so everyone can raid I seriously doubt there is only 1 or 2 guilds horde side on the entire server

Edit: just checked wcl

According to the logs you have 9 guilds doing aq 40
And 35 guilds doing bwl

And this is horde side

Yes? Did u even read my post.

Blizzard, please merge flamelash and ten storms :smiley:

On a serious note, flamelash had unique situation, where one side is completely dead, so it allowed to make this “new start” event. However, game loses attraction even when there are still like 200 ppl as there arent many dungeons, pugs, 20 man, raids going on, which is a big part of the game and ppl just try to survive till the end of classic. And believe me, there are many servers like this, where server isnt completely dead, but its not enjoyable due to low numbers of ppl either. So on one hand, we cant offer this new beginning experience as there are some ppl left, but also cant enjoy the game as there arent many ppl left.

good idea, bump

Well the best thing would be if Blizzard did in fact merge realms and opened a fresh realm now and then that you could only start at lvl 1 on and not transfer to (starting at the same phase as the rest). That would be the best for everyone. But I just think this thread have a super weird timing. It’s almost sabotage.

Here we have an awesome community based project starting on Saturday and OP makes a thread and basically asking for Blizzard to ruin that a couple of days before it starts… Why didn’t he make this thread 2 weeks ago or in 2 weeks? Making it right now is really weird.

Server merges are not very likely to happen.

Why not start an initiative on the realm discord, with all the struggling guilds, decide on a new realm, and all transfer there?

Im happy you asked. It all started when loginservers were experiencing issues weds and thursday last week as it made the guilds suffering from low signup numbers have their numbers lowered even more as people got tired of the whole thing. Our guilds whole raidingweek got scattered into pieces. Unconvinient. Loginservers can have problems fine. But it was a blow to many guilds.

It has very little to do with the ally project really.

The merge will come, just not right now … My guess would be as TBC is announced or even after TBC launches.

are you a spokesperson for blizzard, or are you just salty you spent your $20 on transfering so now nobody is allowed a free “transfer”?

Where are you reading that in my words??

I just say that Blizzard is not very likely to do realm merge anytime soon, so if you want to fix the problem of being on a dead server, a coordinated transfer with your guild or multiple guilds is an option.

Or wait till more TBC news get announced. Maybe that will come as new realms where you can transfer your account to, but that’s just speculation. Transferring yourself is something solid that is possible now and in your control.

if you don’t want to spend €20,- on that, it’s a choice. I’m still happy on my realm, no need to transfer yet. If the need arise and my guild decides to transfer, ill be happy to tag along and pay for it. For me €20,- for countless hours of entertainment seems peanuts. But I can not judge that for you or others.

2 Likes

If only more people answered their pointless questions in the same post.

1 Like

Well at least you do your race credit.

Have fun!

It’s all fun and keyboard warrior games until somoneone points out a flaw in your wall of salt.

1 Like

I say I think it is not likely they will merge realms. You think that’s silly of me to say, salty even! So in your opinion it is likely they will merge server?

Then there is no problem right? You just sit and wait for the merge to happen and all your problems are solved.

If you post on a forum, be prepared to get reactions from people that do not align with your perfect reality. If you can only handle people fully agreeing or only giving the answers you want, well good luck.

Merges won’t happen ya don’t like ya server take ya lil 20 bucks and transfer off it easy as… you chose the server, you pay the price to leave it - and learn to choose a bigger one next time so ya don’t cry again!

I like you. You don’t hide behind a wall of salt. You grew up in it, were molded by it.

Yes sir! Flamelash is not suited for everyone.