The future of Blizzard company.. Do you agree?

Blizzard is just shotting themselfs in the foot by being Activision puppets…

If things keep going this way, I think that Blizzard will go bankrupt or will become a small company again… Activision will see no more profit from Blizzard, and will kick them in the back, leaving them by their own. (We all know that Activision dosen’t really need Blizzard and can still make lot’s of money without them with all those Call of Duty’s shenanigans)

This because they are just killing the company with all that financial pressure, making Blizzard to lose their player base by ruining their games, just to try to earn more money to please shareholders…

It may take a year or two… but it will happen!

What are your thoughts about this?

RESPONDER

6 Likes

Wishful thinking.

If will pop up some decent game, then stream of players will leave just cos of principles.

The game will continue to make millions on subs and store options for years to come and they have nothing to worry about. The quality of the game has been poor for many years and they still manage to get away with it. Regardless of people throwing tantrums TBC classis will still bring in a spike of resubs which will keep them happy for awhile.

15 years of doomsday prophecies.

Nothing ever changes.

1 Like

I think Diablo 4 will be a short term success with selling the base game and then will turn out to be absolute garbage, Blizzard missed the mark with that genre and will never see the level of financial success that Path of Exile is currently seeing, considering Blizzard practically created the genre it’s a massive failure on their part.

Overwatch 2 I’m pretty sure it’s just a glorified expansion for an underwhelming game that has been in massive decline for a lot of years now, it will never be as big as it once was, Jeff Kaplan leaving the company before it releases doesn’t look good when it comes to that.

Blizzard is long dead but I don’t think it’s just because of Activision, they were making massive mistakes even as far back as League of Legends/ DOTA, that’s a genre that Blizzard should have owned and been the king of.

Blizzard has always had sleazy business practices, they just got into bed with a company that is 10x worse than they are and now these practices are more prevalent and obvious now. You reap what you sow and I look forward to the day they cease to be relevant as a game company.

2 Likes

What if it’s Blizzard fault? Bellular has an interesting take on it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvTFhDmM4OA

Diablo 2 remaster is made by Activision subsidiary game studio (and early preview is already getting positive reactions). Overwatch 2 and reason why Kaplan left is also because a game studio is taking over.

Subsidiary called “Activision Blizzard” will release 9.1 for SL after like 9 months after release. Ion latest interview left player saying he lost contact with reality. What if with end of SL he will leave and some studios will take over 10.0 or already did?! BfA and SL are really bad and slow, really slow with content - where as Activision CoD is fast paced in terms of franchise releases…

And recently one of ex Blizzard dev shared salary he got in Blizz and in Amazon game division. Amazon one was ~100K higher per year… Blizzard attitude for underpaying was commonly knowledge long ago. If they downpay due to their brand or game name don’t expect anything good.

2 Likes

Why would Blizzard go bankrupt exactly?

People always blame activision, but why does nobody ever blame Blizzard?

1 Like

The way you seem to think it works, is not how it works.

Those are my thoughts, basically.

2004->2021: Blizz you have killed the game waaaaa waaaa waaaa… yet here they are still going strong… still the nr1 mmo, not one other comes close to the amount of people subscribed. Is it less than it used to be, yes it is but far from dead.

1 Like

Fully agreed!!

Blizzard is doing what shareholders want, and it’s money. Also Blizzard is draining money from several games at the moment, it’s like insurance for few unpleasant decisions.

remember, people that made Blizzard great are not in the company anymore.

4 Likes

me, me, me.
We are enemies me and blizzard.
If anyone from blizzard going step on my land, i am going …
They are just expelled from my land.

As said above the majority of the people who made Blizzard great aren’t there any more. People who were active geeks and gamers. Regardless, Activision knows how to make money and will continue to do so for many many years. They’re not going under any time soon

The truth in the matter is, anyone who cared, probably quit and the only people here defending the game is because they just have nothing better to do with their money and time.

1 Like

Sure, sure…you do know that their stock price almost tripled since Jan 2019, roight?

https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/atvi/financials

I believe in the business world, that’s called “tremendous success”.

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

They won’t go bankrupt, eventually the game will reach a point where the size of the player base won’t warrant a new expansion and they still make profit just running Classic versions of the game.

I don’t think some people realise just how much money they make from these micro transactions and there will be plenty of folk out there who spend huge amounts of money in the store and other players who are running multiple accounts for the luxury of extra character slots and other perks additional accounts offer. It all adds up and they can easily keep turning a profit with this method, it’s the way most sub games end up at the end of their life span going from sub to purely microtransaction.

Think I saw similar post back in 2007.

1 Like

this is kinda different now after TBC or maybe WOTLK that will probaly make blizzard last for a few more years