The Future of World Buffs in Classic Era

WCB horde only.

Oh so you mean without them they would have to learn the fights and/or continue to gear their characters to beat bosses designed as gear checks?

Crikey! Imagine that in an RPG game! You’ve changed my mind now perhaps they should add different modes also just in case players want a harder version of the boss or a slightly easier version? They could call these modes normal, heroic and mythic. Maybe we could add some loot chests that you can open every week to gain new gear because you know sometimes people go without an upgrade for a few weeks and that’s just out of order or they could even do it so when a boss is killed EVERYONE gets a piece of loot from the boss and everyone is happy! Oh lord, why hasn’t Blizzard thought of this before!

5 Likes

Not every guild has the best min/maxed players. And this is what the game is/was like, removing a feature is a bigger deal than adjusting the feature.

I get your point, but this is classic not a private server where they can just throw systems out.

And Blizzard cannot please everyone, if they remove WB it would be a big change to classic, bigger than adjusting it with this item.

You see, Blizzard always need to pick the middle-ground when it comes to any change/adjustment to classic. We just have to accept that.

I was expecting Blizzard to sell “The Chronoboon Displacer” in the ingame shop so I gotta say that I’m surprised. (the name chronobooooon is kinda funny tho gotta admit)

But never say never, ya know. kekhands.

Wrong, the majority of the playerbase wanted no faction change, crossrealmgrps, transmogg, etc.

They did NOT want the inclusion of BS that made the game less fun in the name of some nonsensical hashtag.

Nochanges is a great idea, but when used as an absolute, end-of-discussion, and followed slavishly, it ruins the game in its own way. WB Meta is one example. Black Lotus spawn on servers with 9k+ active players is another. Keeping the old exp calculation, even though it was clear from the beginning that mageboosts would happen, is another.

SpellBatching is one of my personal favorites.
How is it fun to artificially introduce the result of a technical limitation of bygone network-days, which makes the entire game feel less responsive and clunky? Oh wow, Mages can sheep each other, so much fun, this happens when, once every month? Meanwhile, shaman totems can eat up multiple spells, tanks die even tho the heal completed in time, people have aggro after being BRed, spells miss trinket buffs … shall I go on? All of these are the result of spell batching. So much fun!

#nochanges was a good idea when it began, but soon turned into an ideology, that simply said “NO” to everything, without even discussing it. And this caused damage to the game.

2 Likes

Brings forth le Popcorn

1 Like

This change tempts me into cloning a char to stay on the legacy servers, just in case they do decide to go for a classic+ and add content. My hope is still they would do that after WotLK and build on the game as it was then but ofc thats personal bias because I server the true Lich King

2 Likes

People actually think this is real? Oh dear.

It’s not April fools yet I’m afraid. The purge meta is going to have to step it’s game up soon.

It could be early.

Well if there is a quest that you have to complete to get your chronoBOON in Tanaris, now the griefers can camp tanaris caverns of time entrance 24/7 and gank those that come in.

It might actually be kinda fun.

It’s not. They asked the same thing on US forums and they got a blue reply saying it’s not a joke

1 Like

They’d say that if it was a joke wouldn’t they? Just to keep it going.

I doubt they would go and implement it to the PTR if it was just an april fools :stuck_out_tongue:

So it’s on the PTR now?

Does this affect consumables at all? A lot of players pre-pot consumes like the elixir of fortitude or elixir of superior defense before they go get buffs so in case during the raid they get over the buff cap these consumes are kicked off before you lose a world buff. Now if these pre-pots keep running while I safe my worldbuffs I’ll still have to raidlog simply because I’ll be trying to keep my buff protection uptime high as well… Hence it would be nice if it was a snapshot of the full buff list f possible.

How to abuse this item:

Imagine premade battlegrounds(especially ally) with that item vs solo quees players that already getting hammered due to the design of the game. Ok, I accept this as horde, but why do I have to face an entire premade with wbuffs? How is that fair?
Now imagine that with hardcore twinks, where players may also quee battlegrounds in lower lvls just 4 fun, sometimes they face twinks and that’s ok, but why make this multiple times harder with no chance if you ain’t doing the same thing?

Also imagine guilds that are bad in raiding or more casual guilds and for example the tank makes a mistake and they wipe. Why should some of them keep their buffs? They made a mistake and deserve to die. If you don’t want to die get better.
This reduces challenge and devalues the effort of raiders that are actually investing a lot of time on being top tier, that don’t do mistakes or do very few. You may say what do you care how I play the game? It’s because you are not alone here, this is an mmo, it is not fair to me that went above and beyond to be better than you and I want this reflected in guild fame, in the difference in our gear and in our logs. If every casual player can do 90 plus parses just because, why do I even spend 500g every Naxx?
It’s a huge raiding nerf, period.

Lastly, not so common nowadays, but imagine getting ganked for example: by a rogue that saps you and then pops full wbuffs on you. You may say 1hour cooldown no biggie. I will say, why even be unfair for once? I will also say there is not only 1 rogue in the world there are many.

Yes it is :slightly_smiling_face:

The cooldown is gonna be refreshed by in-game time (as DMF internal cooldown) or just like a regular cooldown where you can stay logoff till is refreshed?

I’d definetely prefer if WB’s just fell off when you entered a raid, seems like a simpler, cleaner solution. It’s not fun to collect world buffs, it’s kind of just a chore, and the buffs themselves lets you completely ignore mechanics and just zerg through content. I’m not a huge fan of this change, and I hope something else will be considered for the next set of F R E S H classic servers.

2 Likes