The Gates of Ahn'Qiraj Opening in WoW Classic

->find the flamelasher

enjoy ur dead pve realm lulz or whatever the sh*thole 99% horde players server

They only released AQ20 on the PTR and decided to keep AQ40 fresh for launch. Its included on the release.

Seriously 1 month wait time…

2 Likes

Will everyone be able to get the Mount or will it have this Time Limit after the first one gets it?
On my Realm the biggest Guilds already made a Plan how and when to camp all those Mobs for the “Silithid Carapace Fragment”. Which means nobody even gets a chance to try. Except those few Guilds.
It would be fair for everyone if that Time Limit would be removed.

I play on Mandokir, 65% Horde 35% Alliance, and “our” Alliance stood and fought hard, they didn’t flee like rats and cowards.

1 Like

Dont kill the chicken and expect it to lay your eggs. Time to put that strong horde community to work.

1 Like

Its a great news but why dont you release it mid July? Why do we need to wait another month?

4 Likes

It’s not just a matter of killable or unkillable. It’d straight up be unfair and unfun if tentacles could spawn in unreachable places and target even players inside the stomach, as it was in C’thun’s original version.

I could live with the HP nerf being reverted, but bugs are fixed for a reason (plz, no puns about bugs and AQ okay?)

So…you couldnt handle ZG opening …how will you handle AQ? servers will crash every 5 seconds

1 Like

They did 2 stress tests on PTR for this very reason, and one can assume they came up with some approach that would allow most players to at least stay logged in in Silithus with “somewhat” responsive game. I personally wouldn’t be surprised if some megaservers crashed regardless…

1 Like

Why would anyone do more than 30 dungeons a day anyway?

5 Likes

Awesome thanks,
Will there by Layering ? Very important since it changes accesibily of scarab lord.
Futher if layering is on how will it affect Scarab lord (scepter) questline farm, how its gonna affect War effort contributions and finaly how its gonna affect 10 hour War after big gong bangs :slight_smile:

1. People who farm specific valuable and useful items:
  • Manual Crowd Pummeler from Crowd Pummeler 9-60 in Gnomeregan.
  • Savage Gladiator Chain from BRD Arena.
  • Blade of Eternal Darkness from Princess Theradras in Maraudon.

These are quick and easy runs but the drop rates are low, so you have to do hundreds, maybe thousands (with the exception of the MCP, that one has a drop chance of ~1/3 but Feral druids need alot of these as they only have 3 charges that lasts for 30s each) of runs to see the item you want drop. Each run takes about 5 mins which means you will hit the 5 instances per hour cap after 25 mins. Then you have to wait over half an hour before you can keep going. After 6 hours you will hit the daily limit of 30 dungeons, of which you have only played 2h 30m, and waited 3h 30m! That is not alot of /played time doing dungeons. Two hours and thirty minutes. Who are being limited and punished by this? People who play for more than 2h 30m/6h every 24h. They are limited by the 5 per hour cap and the 30 per 24h cap.

1. People who buy/sell boosts.

Depending on the booster and dungeon it takes about 8-15m per run, so some people get locked by the hourly limit and others can keep going. The most limiting factor is still the 24h cap.

1. People who run low lvl dungeons solo for alts/loot.
  • Cloth
  • Greens for DE
  • Blue/Epic BoE
  • Twink items

Same as above. Quick and easy runs. Soloable.

1. People who have more than 1 character and do a combination of the above.

It’s been almost a year since Classic was released so most people have several alts by this point. The sad thing about this dungeon limit is that it counts for all characters on a realm. So if you get capped on your main or alt you can no longer do any dungeons on any character on that realm before enough time has elapsed.

If a druid can’t tank or build enough threat without the crowd pummeler, he’s not good enough.
There’s options for savage gladiators chain etc as well, but I guess people tend to blindly follow every guide online instead on relying on their own playing.
Fair enough, whatever floats your boat :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah, if you can’t hold aggro against fury warriors going all out with 1st GCD sunder without MCP, you’re just bad :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yeah, don’t farm your BiS item, just settle for 2nd BiS, what are you, an elitist neckbeard or something? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And I suppose Blade of Eternal Darkness, boosting and low level dungeon farming are also not legitimate activities, in your esteemed opinion?

2 Likes

Thats not the druids fault then, but in that case the warrior being incompetent to manage his own aggro :slight_smile:

Incorrect. You do BWL within the inital lockout, complete the entire chain and an hour after the inital lockout ends, do BWL again. It takes 1 week if optimised and therefore 1 lockout. The event was not supposed to be completed within such a short space of time and as a result, people will not experience it.

Its impossible to do the quest in a single lockout, simply because you first need to kill broodlord to to start the questline, then come back and talk to vael to start the red scepter shard, which means to access the questline, you have already killed the questgiver for the last part of the chain so you need to wait until bwl has reset

Obviously you have no idea how the quest works but I can assist you, please reference the guide here; classic.wowhead. com/guides/scepter-of-the-shifting-sands-scarab-lord-legendary-mount

As you see, right at the top, you will be notified the quest can be completed within 7 days. After you have read the guide yourself, if you still have queries or don’t understand how, let me know.

wrong and @okboomer why did you have to hurt him like that :rofl: