The Lightbound did nothing wrong and the Mag'har hypocrisy

If we are to draw that sort of parallels, then the Draenei have more in common with the Burning Legion of two different timelines.
And the Sargerei.

Quite a petty number when compared with the population of a whole planet.

Unfounded speculation that is not corroborated by the actual scenario.

So Turalyon the Lightforged would strike down his Void GF for being undoubtably evil (in his brainwashed mind) yes?

It does, but that is true for any power. The crimes of the Lightforged are what? Non-existent?

With the Lightbound, you could have a case but we only have one side of that story to work with at the moment. And the AU orcs have been a very mixed bag indeed. When they’re not acting very iron Horde-esque that is.

Can you give examples…? I don’t recall the assaults involving Lightforged war crimes. Granted I may have been busy with all the green blight in my face, but even so.

On a side note, the Lightforged on the Island expeditions are probably some of the kindest of the Alliance npc teams.

False. The original Argus corruption was a trick by Sargeras, they never signed on to become servants of the Burning Legion. There is no evidence of mind wipes as well, Turalyon still remembers everything from before the Army of the Light and hell is still loyal to the Alliance in the end.

3 Likes

The -eredar- do yes. The Draenei have gone to extreme lengths to distance themselves from their fel cousins. To the point that the Legion have a special hate for them beyond no other, except maybe the Void, and exterminate them on sight. Or worse. I’ve yet to see the Mag’har distance themselves heavily from the Iron/new Fel Horde in action, not just talk.

Perhaps they are extremists as a race, but it doesn’t invalidate my point.

And an Argus into Ashenvale, I shall put. And claim that the Kaldorei outnumber the Legion by this, therefore the Horde is OP and must be nerfed.

Hilarious joke, no?

3 Likes

They never drank demon blood, don’t use Fel and even allow priests in their ranks.

That’s three obvious differences from the Fel-Horde for a start.

They don’t start war’s of agression, they are mostly peaceful (except against ogres after they attack first) and only fight defensively in Draenor.

Thats a huge difference to the iron Horde and their “conquer all” mentality.

“swear loyalty to me, pledge the hearts of your people to my cause. I will transform you, granting you knowledge beyond imagining and might beyond measure”

I think that makes the deal obvious: Power for Servitude.

What about the gronns used as living artillery?

2 Likes

If you count weaponized beasts as agression, than everyone does it.
The lightbound even have glowing elleks. Think they gave consent?

Is exterminated by an orc in Iron Horde tech/gear who is screaming bloodthirsty comments, because she looks like a Lightbound

What? WHAT?! CAN’T HEAR YOU. Iron Stars? Iron Dreadnaughts/Carriers? What? Azerite Iron Star?!

(I know I RP this char as a LB, but there’s no chance a Mag’har would know that in the field)

Why yes, them Kul’tirans are clearly guilty of being aggressive towards the Mag’har. The Alliance must have helped get rid of Garrosh and co. to further their sinister plans! I recall the KT Navy bombarding Hellsreach Citadel and Anduin calling Light bolts upon the Mag’har.

2 Likes

Are gronns now animals? Lore begs to differ with you. They are a sentient race capable of speech.

3 Likes

Puahahahahahah, leaving the Horde at any time!? You can’t be serious…

4 Likes

It worked for the Desolate Council.

4 Likes

Indeed, they are free from being Forsaken scum.

1 Like

They are agressive beasts, killing and eating everything they can (sometimes even eachother).
The choice when dealing with them is: kill or tame.

And taming seems to be possible to an extent as seen with the mount descriptions.
I see something we can use as mount as beasts we tame, except it’s willing like some of the dragon-mounts.

Nope. I disagree. Heavily. Further more, trolls and orcs ate each other. Are they beasts too?

Bonechewer clan and ritual cannibalism say hi!

2 Likes

Ritual cannibalism is different to killing and eating everything you can.
And, in contrast to Gronn, Trolls and Orcs were intelligent enough to form a cultura and society.

Whatever floats your boat, but you are kinda living in denial here.

2 Likes

Damn it, I need to find a David Hume quote, give me one sec.

2 Likes

Did the Draenei stop using their Crystal Tech when they left Argus? Did they stop using their talents?
No. No, they didn’t.

Even millenia after the Draenei / Man’ari split their technology is still similar, but with a Fel / light spin on it.

Here we go:

“I am apt to suspect the negroes, and in general all the other species of men for there are four or five different kinds) to be naturally inferior to the whites. There never was a civilized nation of any other complexion than white, nor even any individual eminent either in action or speculation.”

Just to show how ridiculous this statement is if we put it in another context.

4 Likes

Everywhere i looked it was stated that Gronn kill eachother when they see eachother and that they live solitary because of that.
Aditionally it’s shown and written that Gronn are of a really low intelligence.

Blizz wrote this, not me.
Just arguing that it’s not different to use Gronn for War than to use Elleks (if we go by their inspiration close to humans in intelligence, very social atc.) for example.

Furthermore i compare different species, not different skincolors within the same species.

You were using the “they are brutish, dumb and unintelligent because they don’t have a proper society”-argument, which I countered. It’s not about the exact content of your argument and Hume’s, but how it’s used.

3 Likes