The Microtransactions and pay to win is killing TBC classic

You really don’t think a lot more players would buy gold from a trusted source compared to scummy 3rd party sites? Plus the token tab is always there in the AH so it’s basically advertised all the time in-game.

I haven’t really seen these “WTS [gear] BOOST” (just level boosts) in classic so I’d say it does make a difference. In Retail it’s spammed constantly last I checked. Sure, there were GDKP, but haven’t really seen those yet in TBC tbh.

You would still be alone in those zones- as the ‘purists’ from classic were already 60 at the start of TBC release and the only new people joining would be a few from retail anyway, or the occassional alt ‘purist’ who would be getting dungeon boosted by themselves or their friends in much better gears than new starters could get.

Forcing new players to face a huge disadvantage in starting fresh from lvl1 against the ‘purists’ who sit on their level 60 and pontificate wouldn’t have got the numbers into TBC that Blizz wanted.

You seem to think you own the game and Blizz must kiss your feet. Blizz make commercial decisions because at the end of the day the company is there to make money- not cater for some vocal small group of ‘purists’.

1 Like

You’re not looking very hard. They are everywhere online. Instead of Blizz getting a cut of the money the boosters are getting it all instead.

And there are even tanks selling their services in game constantly.

while trusted source like in game shop will make selling goes wild, those 3rd party sites was improved over past few years, they are considered trusted & safe, and most sellers in those have rep to be checked.

about gdkp! i don’t know about all servers, but for example Faerlina the streamer server have alot of gdkp runs for grul/magi since 2nd week of tbc release & many people are desperate to join them, cus everyone just want to save time By securing the peace of items they need.

I have bought neither.

And even if I did how would that affect you?

And that is the gist of it. People dont care as we dont feel affected by it.

Well, I can’t speak for other realms, but they are not prominent on mine.

Ok, well, my opinion is that awarding/promoting it further is a bad idea and will only make it worse.

You have to consider starting at level 1 and not being able to do what those people who started when Classic started and do dungeons to 60 are at a large disadvantage.

Maybe they are not on a busy realm?

Did you /leave 2 and 4? I see them all the time.

No. Maybe I don’t sit and read the spam in the chat enough, but no I have not seen it. Only level boost.

I saw GDKP advertised all the time in classic vanilla but not in TBC so far.

Think it’s mainly due to how easy the first tier always is. There wasn’t much GDKP in molten core either. Probably around BT/Hyjal and Sunwell GDKP will be back in full action again.

Try playing on a more populated server.

TBC is dying because it has no PvE content and PvP with pathetic honor rates basically exludes all casual players :wink: it has nothing to do with boosts.

1 Like

I would have bought the pack without the boost yes! I wanted the mount toy and hearthstone effect. Yes i used the boost, on a lvl 1 druid that i havent played at all after that tho.

Ive seen more ppl supporting boosters then not tho, i mean i see the mount more orten then i see this whiny posts.

1 Like

It still fails the definition of pay2win levels in this game give you no “advantage” in the sense of getting more powerful than other people a boosted lvl 58 is not more powerful than any other lvl 58 and you can not just jump into endgame or beat stronger enemies than other people.

You have no ingame advantage from it that is relevant for the endgame content which is what the game evolves around and no you do not define what is relevant in this game the ones that make the game do

2 Likes

Tbh most ppl that bought it probovöy already had like 3 lvl 60s. Alot of ppl I know used it on alts. But if you think I bought a 58 boost and now are magically full pvp gear gladiator title etc just becouse of thst boost then youre Kinda sad :joy:

1 Like

If you bought that gold through WoW tokens, it is.

1 Like

You win nothing by boosting lvl 58 only have less time to get used to your class and miss a lot of Classic questing content if you are new player and have no proffesions nor gear that lvl 58 has who leveled traditional way. So what the win here?
I had Mage, Druid and Paladin lvl 60 by the end of Classic and this Warlock having lvl 40.
Didn’t used my boost yet and most likely won’t at all, unless Blizzard kills Alliance population by some barrage of QoL changes for the Horde.

Do you even know what P2W means? It means selling power, the boost is selling power. There is no argument against that. By definition, the level boost is P2W. You can argue how it’s not as bad as in other games, but it’s still selling power.

2 Likes

P2W = Pay to Win. How can you increase your chances at winning in MMO? With better gear and power infusing items, like enchants and consumables.
So you telling me that 57 levels is power unobtainable without paying in dirty cash shop?