The Microtransactions and pay to win is killing TBC classic

I have no idea what you are arguing in favor or against, but it sure isn’t about “P2W” concept, because you fail to grasp the meaning of it. P2W is selling power. There are P2W mts in singleplayer games as well.

3 Likes

What I meant is selling 57 levels is nowhere near P2W like selling WoWtokens and gold.

it’s still P2W, it’s still selling power.

1 Like

Never once did I say I own the game. Not sure how you arrived at that conclusion.

Why would blizzard say they would never have boosts in classic and then put them in anyway? This is a billion dollar company by the way so don’t tell me they couldn’t have stuck to their word. They outright lied to their customers.

You might be happy with a company you’re a customer of lying to you, but many people aren’t.

3 Likes

Maybe you know ppl who buyed boosts for their alts, but logicaly - the majority bought boost for their mains to skip leveling. Its just unfair to all those who level their toon from the scretch and from my pov as an oldschool player who admits something that is nowadays an empty fraze - the players honor, its just embarrassing and pathetic. Its cheating. And cheating is only for weaklings, its always been…

I mean ok, if you want to implement that in retail WOW, fine. Its trash anyway but the metas and all those funny dollies like it i guess. But it never ever should be implemented in classic, the philosophy of this concept is just different and thats what attracted all the players to start playing it.

ur funny man… ppl buy gold and get themselfs into GDKP run. how hard is it?

1 Like

This thread is literal mental gymnastics olympics.

2 Likes

yes it would be

Maybe. Either way it’s not a reason for bringing tokens to Classic. Rather a reason not to.

1 Like

I’m gonna be honest I thought I was “ok” or willing to accept the store mount and level boost but every time I see that ugly, huge, disgusting mount it’s hard to just ignore it and be like “yeah, that’s whatever.” And let me tell you one thing. Short term profit at the expense of your customer’s trust can not be a good thing. People that are on the fence of whether they want to keep playing this game or not take these things into account. I’m sad that some people at Activision-Blizzard that don’t even play the game or care about it at all demanded that TBC Classic had to be monetized in a similar fashion to retail. Because I’m sure the people actually working on the Classic project understand how stupid a store mount and level boost is for the game. Hopefully the numbers will speak for themselves.

3 Likes

How come it doesnt keep the definitio, if you do this mental gymnastic then selling honor gear wouldnt be p2w? Because youu know, people have better gear than honor gear so it doesnt make them stronger than some people

1 Like

But buying honor gear is just a time save, same as lvl boost, how is it different?

1 Like

Here’s the part you missed.

Well you’re speaking as thought GDKP doesn’t exist in TBC when it literally does, you’re just playing on low populated realms where the interest isn’t there for them. Come to Pyrewood or Gehennas, Firemaw, and you’ll see them.

sorry but that makes 0 sense… you use honor gear to fight other players at lvl70… you don’t use lvl boost to fight players… just to skip content until lvl cap…

1 Like

I’m saying I haven’t seen it. Nothing more. Tokens would just make it worse anyway.

Lets say your logic is good, it isbt but lets ignore that.
So you are telling me that buying raid gear for money would be ok because it doesnt affect other faction?

1 Like

It affects other players too, because you are competing with your own faction aswell… Expecially with all these parses meta…

So the pvp side isnt important now, great that you clarified that.
And now realise when you buy 58 boost then you have like 100 more hours compared to lvl1 starter to farm both pve and pvp thus earning the advantage you talked about, how is that not p2w?

1 Like

Dont bother. At the end of the day it is p2w. But its so minor that barely anyone cares.

You can put in a one time buy of 1g for 1 cent and they would still complain. Let the 10 people keep circle jerking about it so they can keep crying at blizzard.

It is what it is

2 Likes