The Negativity Thread

For what it’s worth the High Elves/Void Elves/Half Elves on the Alliance side are even more depraved, just by the fact that most of the Blood Elves who rerolled are now doing the same thing as they did in Silvermoon City.

Ah… Quel’thalas has truly fallen. I suppose we ‘let people enjoy things’.

Onto more negativity.

1 Like

Despite popular belief and contrary evidence, I am not always terminally online. Just sometimes.

Actual thread contribution: It feels like so many interactions nowadays are bubbled. Yes there are still great and random interactions, but bubble roleplay overall seem to be preferred thing for many people. And I think it’s a shame.

farts on your post, you altposting petpeever

quite right my mean peever friend, your kind in the stormwind city rp scene follows this dogma faithfully - the lot of them bored housewives using modern slang, chewing bubblegun and talking about their last human boyfriend

truly, the pinnacle of high elf culture

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s what happens when the stop gatekeeping omg let people play what they want to play mentality takes over. Suddenly there’s no shared world with shared standards (at least broad ones ffs), only bubbles of likeminded people who gravitate toward and seek encouragement only amongst each other. And if you don’t expose yourself to the harsh reality of the outside world, how will your soul ever grow?

Also Quel’thalas is my favourite capital in lore and it’s a huge shame that it never realised its potential as the RP hub it should have been. Instead all species of Horde RPer flocked to that one district in Orgrimmar and strained their brains doing mental gymnastics to justify their Sindorei Archmage spending most of their free time hanging out in some random orcish tavern.

1 Like

i love this thread it’s negative and vitriolic as intended

4 Likes

I think you just weren’t active when Silvermoon and Quel’thalas were a lot more utilized by the RP community (think from TBC all the way until Legion/BFA).

1 Like

No mention of cigarettes, but cigars and pipes are a thing, as was
Ezra Grimm’s Premium Tobacco shop up in Stratholme before it got burned down. If those all exist, why not cigarettes too?

But maybe tobacco was produced exclusively up in Lordaeron and got annihilated by ecological damage caused by the plague during the Third War. It’s total headcanon, but it could explain why tobacco is almost never mentioned outside references to Ezra Grimm and his shop.

I mean, I remember it in MoP, which is when I stopped playing on private servers and bought retail. It was big on the belf scene (which was indeed thriving - remember all those nobility symposiums?), but Orgrimmar remained as the hub for Horde RP. Before MoP I can’t say.

yeah, that’s definitely what Blood Elf RP’s been like at a point in time, for sure

Considering the Tauren too has what appears to be large communal pipes I think it’s unlikely Lordaeron will be exclusively the producer of Tobacco.

I think we don’t see it much mentioned because IRL policies are bleeding into the game world, meaning that any ‘glorification’ of tobacco and mention of it is frowned upon, especially in a game with an age rating as WoW does.

As for contributing to the thread; All of the dungeons are still 5-man only just let me be 12 dwarves spelunking in Maraoudon Argh!!!

1 Like

the weak stratholme tobacco vs the powerful peace pipe

They may be smoking something else entirely.
Considering the druidic nature and understanding of plants/cultivation, they may be smoking something better down in Mulgore!

Usual bleh at the fact Blizzard doesn’t like to do much minor world building.

Initially named after a serial abuser, which makes it even more weak.

Tauren peacebloom is the way to go.

Blizzard’s Tauren world building can be broken down to: “What stereotypes do we have about native americans???”

2 Likes

Have this dream catcher.

I was very deliberate when I wrote cigarettes and not smoking in general
hookahs, pipes, snuff, chewing tobacco, cigars: :white_check_mark:
cigarettes and joints: :x:

simple as

2 Likes

inherently do not trust people that can’t stop talking about weed or ‘peacebloom’

5 Likes

Certain breed of troll RPers that talk about them constantly.
Characters that are more 2 dimensional than Peppa Pig.

2 Likes

Funnily enough, one thing peacebloom -is- being used for in lore is to help worgen calm their emotions, but they don’t smoke it I believe.

1 Like