The Negativity Thread

Unironically

“At the end of the day”, “Not gonna lie”, “I’m not being funny!” destroy me.
Stop saying it!

Good, then I’m not the only one thinking that.

The fact dracthyr basically got the shelf treatment in terms of general design / mog because elf visage :slight_smile: I love being barber reliant to dress up my character.

1 Like

in theory, but it hasn’t been used for that in years

Suffice to say a lot of bad decisions were made when coming up with the Dracthyr and I don’t really see them as a very meaningful addition to the game/setting. Now they’re either going to be shoehorned everywhere or end up as the Pandaren, dead and forgotten after the expansion they were introduced in.

In a game where Blizzard already struggles to flesh out races and offer them world building, they keep adding more. yep, makes sense

There’s also the fact evoker is the most boring class

4 Likes

It.

Do you think the Dracthyr would have been better if they were designed bulkier, like their wyrmkin cousins?

that’s like asking if using a growth pot to look bigger makes your character look cooler and more interesting

the answer to both is a big fat no, their appearance isn’t the reason why they’re portrayed in such a bland way which is my biggest criticism of the race. I just find all the NPCs to be incredibly uninteresting

They should have just made Drakonid and make them dragonsworn mortals (if they really needed a pretty/human form) instead of the lanky genderfluid skinks that they cooked up for absolutely no reason. It could have even tied into Nefarian’s experiments.

2 Likes

lmao @ the fact the drakonid had more interesting stories through the entirety of DF (though unfortunately alexstrasza the most boring character that currently exists in wow was involved) and they were way more relatable than the vat lizards

Hatescale’s idea would actually neatly tie into all that

2 Likes

I’ve grown to like dracthyrs’ proportions as Dragonflight has progressed but when I first saw the leaked screenshot of them that looked like this:
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlk9auRvG_d6ffK3DUzdmDmYxrz_RYxLWvHA&s

Yeah I wasn’t impressed. The amount of customizability with them with the two forms and the sheer options within both forms is great but…
…man the “no transmog except for shoulders and belt” stings. I know druids have technically had that for years with moonkin form, but honestly if Glyph of the Stars wasn’t a thing I probably would never have touched Balance to begin with (and I don’t touch feral or guardian)

Basically if I can’t play my spec while looking as cool/rediculous/NPC as possible then I don’t want it LMAO

3 Likes

same, I always considered moonkin form as very goofy

3 Likes

There is a charm to moonkin being goofy but I am not a goofy defender of nature I am a SERIOUS defender of nature and I will not use the silly chicken

1 Like

You know what makes me angry?

Tanks who do not want to realize we are in a prepatch, so every class is weaker now, and they still pull as if they’re end expansion gods and blame everyone but themselves for it… Gods

1 Like

Dracthyr RPers make me angry. The one’s I’ve seen, anyway.

Whatever happened to being a race of super-soldiers? I see everything from cute to giant socializing monsters in SW.

I know I’m looking in the wrong places, but still. STILL.

2 Likes

Blizzard happened. In the Dragon Isle you see everything ranging from that… Hell the last quests concerning Warbands has Bluey… A Dracthyr.

Blame the creators, not the players.

2 Likes

Blame both.

I’ll absolutely blame the players for the brainrot that Dracthyr roleplayers exhibit in Stormwind

4 Likes

Oke listen, I have literally zero legs in Stormwind RP, cause it sucks and I avoid it like the plague; but you cannot blame RPers for cutesy Dracthyr when Blizzard themselves adds them (because of new (Warband) features)?

I suspect we’ll see more of them cutesy Dracthyr/Half-Elf mobs in the near future, so we better get used to them, I suppose? Unless they’re opnely ERPing, ofcourse, then a crusade is justified!