The Negativity Thread

You can blame anyone for what they have chosen to write. As it was their choice.

2 Likes

Doesn’t make it non-canon, tho when we have dracthyr swooning over how many pugs to take to their Weyrn(or how to hide them from their scalecommander) or how they’ll think of cuter names for the Warbank feature(and probably many other things I missed because I don’t care about Dracthyr?)

Bad writing and characterisation from all writers, Blizzard or otherwise sucks.
Apply whatever logic you want to it, but I will release my negativity as this thread demands.

I’ll apply the logic that Blizzard has no logic and thus my Robo-Gnomebulator Night Elf(OOC:Human) Paladin of Elune is canon and a cutesy Drachtyr super warrior also discussed how many corgi’s they can take to their weyrn before the Scale-Commander notices as canon, alongside the Gnome clone’s from Blade’s Edge Mountain… In a single breath.

I could even add upon that the Gnome intercontinental laser, and probably many more lore facts we all have forgotten but are still lore to this day.

All-in-all; I think “cutesy” Dracthyr are not lore breaking in the slightest, and I think they have a place in lore, alongside the Dracthyr-/Demon Hunter-/Death Knight- Super Soldier as a class that was awakened only recently after 20k years… And I have Blizzard on my side.

And I am not even the slightest fan of the whole Cutesy Dracthyr whatever concept. My Dracthyr lives at Amirdrassil to make up for the failure of the Dragonflights to protect Nordrassil, afte all…

I understand thinking something is cute, but when a dracthyr acts like a cute widdle potato or wants ERP or is giant and sits in SW talking about crushes, EHHHH.

Yeah I’m not saying it’s lore breaking.
It’s just bad.
Remember how Shadowlands is lore and terrible? It’s the same thing.

There’s a tremendous difference between what the average Stormwind Dracthyr is up to compared to what some of the Dracthyr NPCs do.

Not a single pug fanatic, ice cream enjoying, goofy clown Dracthyr justifies the slew of abhorrent weirdos, usually the size of buildings, that commit themselves to romantic relationships (also not a thing any Dracthyr has done so far in the lore btw), walk around imbued with Shadowflame and act like High School teens at one moment, then switch to growling beast mode the other because you told them that Deathwing is a bad rolemodel.

2 Likes

whenever i walk around stormwind, not too much as of late, i walk across these two-story high dracthyr. sometimes they walk alone and just stare into the distance, when not engaged in otherwise thinly-veiled sexual innuendo or cutesy fluffy things.
dracthyr rpers are somehow loaded, though, as furries tend to be – the sheer amount of gold required for the upkeep of the steroid cocktail that is their diet is fascinating.

and i do believe the look and lack of cohesive fantasy with the race gives way to these interpretations. unlike with vulpera, with blizzard attempting to do something more than “tiny furries”, it seems the writers have given up pretending dracthyr are anything but bait.

now im sure people present in the thread can and have written dracthyr as something more than that.

still. i can’t take them seriously. between their goofy looks and lackluster lore it really grinds my gears that we got them instead of the way cooler drakonid.

5 Likes

If I encounter a dracthyr roleplayer that doesn’t take their character seriously or speaks in silly modern lingo or is a bartender or chugs growth pots outside the Lamb/at Wrynn’s memorial (poor Varian I swear), I immediately take them for a fetishist.

Yeah this needs to be addressed yesterday.
If they are going to allow us to play more than evokers on them they need to allow you to wear all the gear, just like the other races.

Until then they will always look like the goofy lizards that they are.

1 Like

I can at least excuse this compared to some of the other things that occur in Stormwind, even if some of the romances I’ve seen are a little saccharine for my taste. I like the idea of dracthyr finding comfort in the one thing that hasn’t changed over the past ten millennia - each other. Bonding over the uncertainty, becoming protective of one another, maybe even having a bit of inspiration from ancient greek soldiers where romantic feelings within the army were seen as contributing to morale - I think there’s good character ideas within what I’ve just mentioned.

as long as blizzard doesnt add what you described as actual lore, Dracthyr will remain constructs the same way Earthen are

they have their quirks, goofy moments and their eccentricity, but we see the complete absence of looking for comfort the way you portray it

Would they do it? Potentially. Are they doing it? No, and I’m perfectly fine with calling romantic dracthyr intimacy lusty headcanon until Blizzard barfs a DracthyrXanything relationship into the game.

1 Like

there has been a singular example of a drachtyr showing “romantic interest” and it wasnt even for a person. it was a single one being fascinated by the memey steamy romance novels.
(nearly mixed that one up with the lusty argonian maid oops.)

key-words being “fascinated” and “novel”. one unimportant npc does not a race-wide libido make

3 Likes

Yeah that’s like being fascinated by Fifty Shades of Grey if you were an alien, given that Dracthyr very clearly dont have the means to reproduce

There’s some advanced mental gymnastics involved with using that example to justify the polyamorous open pansexual harems that Stormwind plays host to

1 Like

1 Like

we need someone to cook the lusty drachtyrian maid fr rn. fr fr. /s

i hate that theres a legitimate question behind that in the form of “does that mean drachtyr are a dead race like forsaken pre-valkyr.” but rper gooners made it impossible to ask without being seen as a gooner. the answer is clearly test-tubes anyway…

on a similar vein im an accepting person but rpers cause the word “polyamarous” to give me hives. dracthyr are soldiers ffs

i believe “lgbtqia friendly” on a gooner’s rp profile is less so an open proclamation of allyship and more wanton desire for fetishizing same sex relationships

4 Likes

I can see dracthyr making aromantic connections to have companionship in the world. That makes sense, as they have thoughts and feelings and are social entities.
But they won’t be there looking for their next bang.

2 Likes

There’s a non-descript number of Dracthyr in Aberrus as well as the Forbidden Reach. As far as I’m concerned that’s Blizzard’s answer for the population issue…

This is emphasized and repeatedly shown with how Dracthyr interact with basically anyone that’s not a Primalist or a Sundered Flame member. I don’t advocate for Dracthyr to be emotionless automatons, I’ll leave that for the Earthen.

What we do have is an entire expansion of every LGBTQA+straight relationship being on full display, as well as the subject of Dragon egg laying and reproduction being addressed, but what’s been completely omitted is what Dracthyr do in terms of intimate relationship (despite us getting the full rundown of that for the Centaur), despite being the flagship race whose lore we explore all the way until 10.3. It’s a very clear omission and I take it a clear sign of the race’s behavior.

1 Like

Just put on a pair of engineering goggles or a surgical mask beforehand and you can ask all kinds of sus questions under the guise of

science

Personally I think that’s a little far - romantic attraction and sexual attraction aren’t necessarily the same thing, someone can be romantically attracted but lack a desire to take it to the bedroom. Granted, when I see most characters on Argent Dawn I don’t really get that vibe.

I’ve said this before and gotten some :face_with_raised_eyebrow: reactions for it but I still stand by it - any mention of sexuality in a character’s TRP, regardless of what it is, is a red flag, at least to me. Just say if your character is single or taken (or leave it blank!) and leave it at that, IMO.