The Negativity Thread

Yeah but that’s still something that you assume a race “would” do. I would also find it logical and normal.

But Dracthyr are a fantasy race and I described already in detail how this part of their anatomy and urge are completely absent in an expansion that was hyperfocused on relationships and dragon multiplying. We even got a Whelp daycare with a complete lack of Dracthyr whelps on display.

1 Like

After the vulpera incident I’m honestly thankful for that.

2 Likes

The eggs…

I wouldn’t mind more dracthyr being produced from vats.
Not everything has to reproduce by bumping uglies. Let’s the Forsaken feel a little less alone in their corpse corner.

1 Like

I have seen death knights trying to get their freak on, so perhaps they’ve figured out a way beyond reanimation to expand their numbers…

Something something rigor mortis.

tbh that entire section feels like a mad scientist’s attempts at creating The Perfect Weapon™, so someone else taking over to create more Dracthyr would look like an attempt at world domination rather than sustaining a race of humanoid geckos.

Dropping by just to say: Stop that. Stop thinking like that.

It’s a legit question and an interesting topic. Stop letting some made up ERP person in your head or the equally made up ERP-accuser stop you from having a decent discussion about stuff.
This kind of “but what if people think…” will just lead to everyone pointing at shadows and digging through their chat screenshot collection (why is that a thing btw?) to find crumbs for… well basically just going !!! and pointing a finger at stuff roughly the constancy of somewhat smelly air.

(Not really just addressed at Jebanza, just a general sentiment that affects a lot of people and I include myself.)

Ask questions first before you drag out that pointy finger. Including at yourself.

7 Likes

Maybe this is me delving a little too far into headcanon, but I think an interesting way to “make” more dracthyr isn’t to actively seek out methods of creation, but maybe to find more thinks like the creches or the Zskera vaults. Is that likely to ever be something Blizzard do? Probably not but I think there’s at least something there should they ever want to explore it.

brother, we must secure more of our father’s geneseed to produce more supersoldiers in the face of the arachnid hivemind threat

ah, wrong fandom

5 Likes

I thought NPCs in said areas were supposed to be doing that?

And if there are vats down in the Caverns, they might be able to just clone a few extras for the Galactic Republic.

Since numbers were never truly brought up, I’m sure there’s plenty buried out there.

2 Likes

That’s exactly what I was referring to with:

As far as we know there may be more Dracthyr there than the entire population of Blood, High and Void Elves combined.

2 Likes

Puts on his dusty Arakkoa suit

Actually the book is Fifty Layers of Shadows you ignoramus!

1 Like

If I remember correctly, one of Emberthal’s quotes not long after Aberrus was: “There’s so few of us now…”

I can’t remember when exactly it was said. Might’ve been when she reunited with the Sundered Flame remains?

Now, that could only refer to those Dracthyr who are awake, or their entire population. We just don’t know.

… As an aside, I personally think “We CANNOT SPEAK of Dracthyr characters having ANY romance AT ALL!!” is a little immature.

Of course they’re born in test tubes with no natural means of reproduction, but that doesn’t suggest all Dracthyr are completely aromantic and asexual? I’m sure Cinder-something (leader of the Horde Dracthyr) had a crush on the Healing Wing leader (Can’t remember their names).

Just because some roleplayers in Stormwind portray that in a cringe-worthy manner, doesn’t mean our response needs to be full-ham in the other direction.

That’s my two cents on the matter, anyway.

2 Likes

Yeah we can and I will, it’s not a matter of how prude or immature someone is unless you want to enter some bad faith argument.

I’ll probably hear the same sentiment when the Earthen will get their rock on.

Hatescale living up to the name.

3 Likes

We’ll cross that bridge when we come to it.

I’d argue there’s a clear difference between a creature that’s infertile, yet still flesh-and-blood and one that’s literally (heh) made of stone.

i don’t think earthen will get their rocks off purely because they have no traditional sex appeal or fetishized anatomy

as much as people will have their fun with their rockdwarves, i don’t think they as a race are particularly seen with such a gaze

like male gnomes, mechagnomes in general, and the other ‘not traditionally attractive’ bunch i think there’s less of a risk we see 'em getting their rocks polished

1 Like

What grinds my gear further with the Dracthyr race and this problem extends also outside them is the “Few in numbers super elite soldiers of the suicide squad.” how do they sustain their numbers? Their logistics behind… An army needs supply lines and recruitment centers and some of the playable races especially Dracthyr don’t have none of this. Some are so single minded you have bloody ask yourself how the f do they not go extinct or go insane from being thrown in a world where just being a super elite soldier isn’t enough to get by…

4 Likes

Speaking of, how come it’s only the cutesy races that get to be used for virtue signalling? Look at the Tuskarr - best part of Dragonflight because their content had nothing to do with sexualisation. Same with dwarves. This is probably also the reason why 9/10 Dracthyr roleplayers suck and why 1/10 dwarf roleplayers suck.

2 Likes

But off the training grounds of the Reach, in the quiet of the creche, I feel another calling.

I wish to sing. To dance. To love another whose heart beats as mine does!

Yet I dare not speak of these desires. I am commanded to focus on my duty.

https://www.wowhead.com/item=204316/a-soldiers-journal

2 Likes