The Negativity Thread

Also if the idea for this new expansion was to push WoW away from the recent narratives that nobody liked and cared about (boohoo i like muh scalie shut up literally nobody cares), why do the standard theme park four zones expansion?

I am guessing, and hoping, that the switch happened late into the production schedule when they realised what a poopshow the pasr few years have been, and they brought Metzen to help with that. Also why they shifted to a 1year release schedule, as not to suffer the long drought of YET ANOTHER boring expansion and being able to focus on cool new things in the rest of the saga, parts 2 and 3.

I’m not hopeful, but I would like this to be the case. I have definitely felt a shift in the culutral mood of late when it comes to popular media. Everyone slowly but surely seems to be catching onto the fact that nobody wants to watch Brie Larson and her extended spiritual family.

I think Pandaria Remix should let you assassinate Anduin as a horde player and get a ‘time paradox’ style game over.

Negativity of the day: It’s so over.

Because they partake in it.

Unlike your mother, who does indeed fill both criteria.

Rookie Mistake

Great Dalaranian Bake off when

mashallah habibi this feels desertphobic

but doctor, nothing ever happens

1 Like

it’s ok, hatescale is still very excited for it

[inhales copium] sure dude, player housing coming in midnight!

The narrative doesn’t dictate the format, it’s just the latter affects the pacing. It’s been like this since Shadowlands:

Launch/S1: 4 Zones, 1 Raid, 8 Dungeons
Patch X.1/S2: 1 New Zone, 1 New Raid, Megadungeon
Patch X.2/S3: 1 New Zone, 1 New Raid
Patch X.2.X/S4: Fated/Awakened/Expansion All Stars

That’s the basic template with the main story getting a resolution in Patch x.2 and an epilogue in the one following it. Everything else is sprinkled across smaller updates ranging from sidestories and pet projects to class/race unlocks and expansion-specific systems getting revamped.

i enjoy maze+ and being in the hamster wheel, sue me

1 Like

Look man, no matter how much I hate this game at times for < lookwhattheydidtomyboy > reasons, I would really like to see it be good again. And I do get those yearly or bi yearly cravings to get back in and see what its all about still, delve into it as I used to. I know for a fact you do too. Hopeless? Probably. But just like Star Wars I will never give up on it. I will always come back and check up on it until the day I die. Or it dies. Addiction? Probably. But there’s worse things to be addicted to and I’m already giving those up SO.

haha crazymon has bi cravings

yeah well maybe i’d enjoy it too if you’d let me into your wheel

star wars is already dead dude, go check out the acolyte

That which is under the frozen thumb of Disney’s undead founder can never truly die.

Hello live action Lilo and Stitch, hello Incredibles 3, and hello to the fifth Toy Story film. All things that people have absolutely 100% been asking for and are super necessary to their respective franchises that absolutely aren’t already concluded.

Don’t forget the Lion King prequel which is once more nightmare fuel-tier realistic CGI slop.

I know that creativity within film and media isn’t dead - there’s plenty of talented directors, writers, actors, composers, and many of them probably aren’t that bad. But good grief does it feel like creativity is dead when the largest studios are churning out the same film over and over again. I’m not a film snob, I’m not against some dumb action flick or something feel good or whatever, but Disney and Marvel seriously strike me as just retreading the same ground over and over again and I’m wondering when people are going to actually stop bothering with them.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say that one show with mediocre reviews means the franchise is dead. Especially when a large part of the negative comments about it are from some really questionable people with political motives.

Besides, taking acolyte aside, the franchise as a whole is doing very good and is alive and well. Shows that are mostly pretty good, games that are generally pretty good.

And regardless of how they were received(which is mixed), 5 new films. None of that is a sign of a franchise being dead. That is just hyperbole.

Which I guess is what I am negative about.

it’s the entertainment industry, so never. it’s simply the current fad, but the methodology is old and dates back to the boom of westerns where the same thing happened

you simply have to look in a different direction and not consume the slop yourself

2 Likes

I don’t think anyone should subject themselves to the corpse gas of that desecrated franchise.
I would say that Lucas is probably glad at this point for how much he earned from selling his IP to Disney if it wasn’t for the fact the bulk of his earnings are in Disney shares.

We live in the sequel Era. Getting some new and innovative franchise no one has seen before is gonna be a Herculean task amidsts the billions of other souls attempting to do the same.

My negative take is that people who are not actually playing this game (subbed or whatever) should not be able to post on realm forums.

Some of y’all would be so much better off, not spending more time on the forums raging about how bad the game you have not touched in 5 years is, than your average person does at work.

5 Likes

That’s not a negative take, that’s a Pet Peeve. Hrumpf I say to you!

3 Likes

Wrong thread, that’s the pet peevers. Everyone here is subscribed, has over 3 level 70 characters and has played Dragonflight through all its phases and variety of content.

Get packed, son.

3 Likes

oh no we got told off by the level 60 stormwinder

but yes, that’s a comment better aimed for the pet peeves thread. except for that one person who keeps blogposting about the 198th alt they made this week

1 Like

Imagine actually playing the game and discussing it only to get told by a person not playing the game that we should play the game instead.

I will say that there’s some folk on other parts of the internet that absolutely need to shut up about WoW. Namely the terminally online Twitter crowd who can’t help themselves from saying that everything is terrible and/or racist and/or problematic like

It’s just fiction it’s not that deep :sob:

2 Likes

The AD era of willing a geneva convention into WoW was definitely one our of lowest and cringiest era… Definitely not the worse but one of the worst.