The Negativity Thread

fairly sure no child should be exposed to the contents of hazbin hotel

Hazbin hotel is in the same category as borderlands

Stuff written by manchildren that they think the younger generation finds funny

Rings of Power is one, and I am also still sad about how Netflix massacred my boy the Witcher. House of the Dragon I cannot speak of much since I haven’t read that book, but atleast that one’s an enjoyable series to watch I think, that does not seem to try and put too much other stuff into it.

Is apparently getting a live-action movie of it’s own.

1 Like

That came out. It made like 1/10th of its budget on its global release week (not counting marketing budget I believe) and has been critically panned by like…everyone. Apparently, worse than Morbius even.

1 Like

Damn, talk about “oof”.

You’re talking about the TV series adaptation of the comic series, right? Because nothing Garth Ennis has ever written was intended for ‘kids’. The man has a withering dislike of superhero comics and constantly writes characters designed to be ‘gritty’ ‘edgy’ and ‘realistic’ and tend to just go around shooting everyone first and asking questions later.

He thinks anti-heroes are more interesting purely because they are ‘complicated’. In short his writing (of which Punisher, Hitman and Preacher are basically recolours of the same character) reeks of your self-insert Argent Dawn edgelord old town ‘regular’ who is definitely NOT A GOOD GUY but has superfluous ‘roguish charm’ to entice the socially maladaptive, usually angry young white men demographic.

The Boys comic is a pile of redditor esque “haha look how clever i am making superman evil” and “oh look superheroes are racist!!!111” tier writing. It’s more of a cringe mouthpiece for the author to push his own politics rather than any real story - which is the exact problem said author said mainline comics have - the stories don’t ‘mean’ anything.

The TV adaptation, frankly speaking is lightyears ahead. It keeps the core fundamental of being a parody of the whole superhero franchise while putting in relevant social commentary that isn’t just infantile Gen X suppressed mummy and daddy hatred or meaningless shock value for shock value reason.

I’m not saying its 5/5 writing by any measure but compared to the embarrassing source material (in which we have literal characters poo poo pee pee on print) it makes ‘racist superman with a milk fetish’ more tongue in cheek.

2 Likes

Tiktok has creator fund and content creators who are part of it get paid for viewership just like Youtubers do. I get that influencer is a very loaded term in this thread, but the reason why companies invest money in them is because… they work. Just like people have been following Linus Tech Tips for his thoughts and reviews on new tech, PC upgrades, etc. for… almost 20 years now? People look to other themed content creators for their thoughts and reviews which have a measurable impact on consumer behaviour and sales. People want to know what other people who share their special interest think before making an informed purchase.

Beauty product influencers work because people want to know about beauty products. Companies work with them to reach that audience interested in said topic directly. It’s really that simple.

The only difference is that the people who in this thread get demonised as lazy influencers/tiktokkers just cater to an audience that isn’t you. Trying to suddenly use “an influencer” to market or promote products that are perhaps to you more important, but incongruous with their core audience and platform theme almost always fails because that’s not the kind of content people follow that creator for.

t. marketing degree

As for tiktok as a platform itself — for better or for worse, it’s what’s popular and that’s where the attention (and therefore money) is. You curate your own feed based on your interests.

or all the cat videos, mid-century modern interior design tiktoks, Grishaverse fan edits and Wheel of Time lore videos are radicalising me as a weapon against the government i guess

3 Likes

From what I have seen, apparently it was under heavy studio interference. It almost completely re-shot and re-cut several times to the point that they also had to change the music score last minute and a few of the writers for the original script and shooting has been left out entirely. It was also allegedly changed from being a PG-16/PG-18 to a 13 rating, again a demand from the studio.

It’s one of those movies.

I was not aware of that, as far as I had been told & heard there was no official creator fund from the company. So It seems I was misinformed on that then, sorry.

From what I understand, certain (predominantly European) countries don’t have access to the creator fund for reasons concerning EU laws

1 Like

it’s all good if they work or whatever, but i have a physical need to kill an influencer.

That could be it then probably. We have a pretty growing popularity of TikTok celebrities here, but as far as I know, they are all also banking on being Influences and bloggers and mainly use their TikTok for marketing purposes.

Which has also gotten several of them in trouble here since marketing directly to kids is quite a big no no. Which not all of them do, but enough have done to make a pretty stained image.

just don’t kill the guy on my FYP who talks about wheel of time lore please and thank you

That is a separate can of worms, and very much illegal in many (again, European) countries

1 Like

Yeah I know that, as it is something thats an issue with Youtube as well and other platforms. The whole thing with the Prime energy drink got into some serious hot water because of it, among many other people and issues.

The point that I was making is that he still uses comic books as a medium, a form of media originally intended for and primarily consumed by children. He even wrote the Boys as a superhero story, a type of story originally intended for and primarily consumed by children.

Despite all of the violence and swearing, like Hazbin Hotel, the Boys (comic series and TV series alike) is essentially childish media that childish adults can feel comfortable consuming because it’s grown-up and “mature,” because it’s an edgier and “deeper” and “more realistic” version of a genre that they feel childhood nostalgia for. It’s all manchild media.

In short, never meant to say that it’s intended for kids, only that it’s intended for manchildren.

The Virgin Hazbin Hotel fan Vs Chad Primal enjoyer.

Get ready for the skibidi toilet movie.

I’d rather die.

Implying that we’re NOT ready for it.

I mean I’m not. I didn’t even realise there were two skibidi songs, I just assumed the whole Skibidi toilet thing was based on the Little Big song not… whatever the other one is.

Directed by Michael Bay last I heard?

There is also a tv show in the works with paramount. Alongside the movie.