The Negativity Thread

People referring to their pets as kids in general and especially in the context of someone asking them whether they have kids and them saying yeah I have two and proceeding to talk about and describe their KIDS in ways that are weird when refering to human beings and then two minutes into their schizophrenic rambling YOU REALISE WHAT THEYRE TALKING ABOUT AND THEN YOU GO “OHHH YOU MEAN YOUR DOGS” AND NOW THEY ARE LOOKING AT YOU FUNNY FOR NOT ACKNOWLEDGING THIS REALLY BIZARRE TREND

3 Likes

people looked at the stereotypical ‘overly attached dog momma karen’ and were like ‘oh yeah, that’s my role model’

still not as strange and bizarre as the freaks of nature who dress up and pretend to be dogs, though

2 Likes

On all levels except physical, I am a wolf.

3 Likes

Throws chocolate at.

4 Likes

Can’t be all levels when wolves don’t exhibit such extremely crippling anxiety and the occasionally decent sense of humor

3 Likes

But no one goes “yeah I beat my kid for chewing up the extension chord.”

2 Likes

hey crazymon remember that time we went across this 2 hour long escapade across furry youtube because I guess we’re also sick in the head or something
afterwards we found that we don’t know if we should feel sympathy or if we should start our own political party

oh and that a lot of them have a weird hatred towards house cats?

to be fair wolves generally tend to avoid human contact and when you encounter one, you’re meant to act super aggresively and they should go away.

not sure what happens when you come across a pack guild though

1 Like

You point and laugh

This expedition into the deepmost recesses of the internet’s septic tank helped me developed appropriate sentiments toward the world.

No, I do not approve of people sticking furries under the LGBTQ umbrella just because most furries are gay, because most gays are not in fact furries.

2 Likes

But they should!

1 Like

You’re just afraid of it being referred to as the LGBTQuwu.

More sincerely though while I think it’s absolutely valid to criticize the fandom either on the merit of some of it’s worst members being truly reprehensible, or maybe on the basis that it is just kind of weird - when I do see somebody just repeatedly going hard on furry-bashing and making that an entire personality trait (which admittedly is much rarer than it used to be), I do kind of assume that there’s some general anti-queer sentiments, if not just a massive fundamental misunderstanding (or maybe a deliberate misrepresentation) of what furries are - ie “they all want to sleep with animals”

Yeah, some of them just want to get f***** while being dressed as animals by people who are also dressed as animals.

I don’t really think the “worst members” scapegoat is truly applicable here. The entire concept on its own is already pretty bizarre and suspect - if you’re not already some form of degen as part of that fandom, you’re probably just a boyfriend or fursuit away from it.

And that’s fine, people have the right to do whatever they can… in private. What you describe as

only happened because fandoms such as these have this weird desire to broadcast all their antics to the world under the pretense of “pls accept us!! its not a fetish we swear!! its a much deeper culture you just don’t understand!”

:roll_eyes: if you want to be treated like a normal human being, then act like one. or wait, maybe you don’t? you know what, i’m confused but I don’t care, just stop being weirdos

6 Likes

No Jeyce we want to act like complete and utter weirdos but manipulate people into being forced to treat us like human beings by associating with the more successful marginalised groups. What don’t you get??

I understand some furry hate, but not the whole “Every furry is bad”.

1 Like

Also, furry doesn’t equal otherkin.

1 Like

What the hell is otherkin?

Then what do you understand about the hate? I don’t get it.

Oh my sweet summer child.

Short version is, people who believe themselves to be animals or mythological beings (elves, angels, demons, dragons, etc.) on a spiritual level.

Dam. So deluded lunatics.

Not exactly. It’s complicated, and they’re diverse, but these margins are too small to do them justice.

I’ll just say that it’s not that simple. Like with any belief in the supernatural, we’re talking about unfalsifiables (and under my atheistic paradigm, the beliefs are just plain wrong), but we’re talking a psychologically complex phenomenon involving compartmentalization of beliefs and confirmation bias. Many of them are otherwise psychologically normal people.

2 Likes