The Negativity Thread

A big part about growing up is realizing that some stuff you did or thought when younger was probably really awkward & or stupid and potentially even quite bad.

But that is part of learning and growing for a lot of people.

2 Likes

Protest isn’t supposed to be marketable. Pride should not be a pop-up Disneyland to come buy tote bags at.

5 Likes

I’m not saying it should be. But my own point was that if it has ended up being that, the solution isn’t to then stop Pride or get mad at people still participating it in it.

Or even to get mad at progressive messages being shared or token actions being taken.

Because those are ultimately still good even if the reason behind them is just cold capitalism.

Basically if Pride has become & or becomes a market trend, the solution isn’t to then bash it and cancel it outright completely. All that does is give the phobes a victory.

I suppose in a way you could argue that the concept of Pride Month isn’t a protest - or even an attempt at being one. It’s just a hallmark holiday in a similar vein to Valentines - which as Vixi said, means it’s less of an exception and more of a norm, at least compared to the fearmongering days of the AIDS crisis.

1 Like

Yeah normalization and acceptance in the cultural norm is a thing that should be striven for. Even if that also means falling prey and victim to also being utilized for profit by capitalism.

Because that is sadly an aspect of our society that we also need to work to shift. But that comes later.

The alternative as you mentioned, is far worse.

Oh yay, the Global Ignore addon has been updated, now I can fit the entire escaped mental asylum dracthyr brigade in there.

And it doesn’t filter chat bubbles. At this point I should make my own.

2 Likes

Y’all want negativity?

My PlayStation 5 decided to die on me today…

5 Likes

A boon to be sure. After all consoles have no games.

1 Like

I am sorry for your loss :frowning:

Yo someone mentioned Chris Chan in the forum.

1 Like

NO

1 Like

Let’s not.

1 Like

That is the negativity we want to see.

2 Likes

I think its rather weird that a certain someone who was quite literally at the forefront of ERP witch-huntery has done a total 180 because the wind is blowing the other way.

I’m sure it has NOTHING to do with their involvement in ‘Steamy Romance Novel: Midnight Ardour in Mulgore’ edition.

2 Likes

Lets avoid that.

1 Like

Honestly it probably doesn’t - I think everyone has ERPed in the past or known people who have. AD’s been around for a long time with a lot of people on it, I’m certainly not free of that particular sin. Although it is funny to me that Obahar here was ERP’d on but exclusively before the worgen update meaning the other person involved had to see this for the duration.

https://i.gyazo.com/9b6e4029a914b3a03b8439ae5764281a.png

And that to me will never not be funny.

I am giving benefit of the doubt here that this particular event took place years ago, mind you. If this was more of a recent thing then what I’m saying here obviously doesn’t hold true.

2 Likes

A face only a mother could love. (I joke)

I do not even know who they are referencing. My guess is one of the tauren?

You’re right - not even his mother could love that face.

1 Like

I’m assuming Matowa did something in the past - they’ve been around on the server for a long time so it’s not like it would be impossible for it to have occurred.

Again though, unless it was recent (or really dire like the guilds I’ve been vocal about) then I think it’s neither here nor there.

[Edit] That’s assuming it’s a thing that actually happened in the first place - the thought didn’t cross my mind that it could just be a fabrication to begin with.

1 Like

Don’t misinterpret what I say, I’ve said this for years. I will openly admit I have in the past - though I’ve never actually done so in game, despite baseless accusations none the less.

I just have a particular dislike for two-faced people who are a rooted in their principles as blades of wheat in the harvest season.