The new battle.net launcher

Can’t say I like it that much. I’m still on the old version though, wife’s client got updated to the newer one. No clue the difference for that. PC’s are next to each other, both were in SL beta and sometimes she used my PC and I hers (when she’s on my PC its also the old client for her)… but we ended up with different clients a week ago. :stuck_out_tongue:

UX these days seems to be more about making things worse but flashier. To be fair though I’ve seen much worse examples than the new client. The new VLC comes to mind.

2 Likes

I love the new design, it’s funky and practical :yum:

oh no, thats a horrible re-design…

3 Likes

Its just updated mine. Makes no difference to me- select game, press play, let’s go.

Its very ugly and soulless.
I dislike it.

2 Likes

I don’t really care what it looks like to be honest.
I’ll only see it for like 2 seconds when I start the game. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I didn’t realise you could do that, just tried, works a treat. Less stuff running, less clicks, less eye pollution. Thanks!

1 Like

Got the new launcher yesterday. It doesn’t seem to chug as much memory as it used to in beta… until you try to click on something to scroll down the articles or such. Then suddenly bam, I remember why I need to get an SSD.

Mine haven’t updated yet :frowning: I really want the new launcher.

Personally I prefer the new over the old launcher but I get that everyone has their own preferences.

WTB option to hide friend list and news or whatever that thing in the middle is. But I’d be super happy with just the friend list option. I have 2 friends; one hasn’t been online for 26 days and the other actually lives with me so I don’t need the launcher to tell me whether he is playing or not :smiley:

I agree, would love to minimalise or lose much of this launcher clutter … its as bad as discord has become now :frowning:

1 Like

Think you just have to get used to it. I hate it atm as well, but I know that I am almost always unhappy when changes to apperance of something I use is made. After a while I no longer mind it.

Can’t say I really cared for the old one.
Can’t say I really care for the new one.

I think it’s still being rolled out atm. You can opt in to the beta one in your settings if you want to change over early.

1 Like

You will get used to it.

It is in human nature to always resist changes, even when they are good, let alone “neutral”.

I always find it funny how people QQ when Facebook (yes, I’m that old) changes their theme, yet atfer 3 days, everyone forgot how old one looked.

Regards,
Imm

little choice but to get used to it, but it would still be nice to have the option to reduce the clutter on it

Not necesarily.

Sometimes you just need to enforce something (which in this case really isnt hurting anyone), without having the choice to be picked.

In most cases, this is not to keep legacy code, and so on.

Again, you will forget the old launcher in less than a week.

Regards,
Imm

I got the new one yesterday. The play button is still in the bottom left corner so I could’ve gone on with my life without even noticing the change…

As annoying as these changes are, you will get used to it. A good while back when I logged in there was a beta and I changed back because I didn’t eally like it. Still don’t but I also don’t like when farcebook did it. Now I dont even remember what the old FB looked like.

The same will happen here. Just new ways to get our heads around. I don’t think we will even remember this being a problem once we get used to it.

1 Like