The pay to win boost must go

Yeah he also said hes pro boost out of spite :joy:

No, it’s not.

If it were, paying my subscription fee would also fall under “pay to win”. Because, if my buddy doesn’t pay for 2 months, and thus cannot play during that time, and I can and do, then I advance where he doesn’t.

Also, as Kemurai observed so accurately, the core premise of the Video

“Players who spend the most amount of time won’t ever reach the same level as the players who spend the most amount of money”

…doesn’t fit the boost as available for TBC. Every player can reach lvl 58, it’s even easier in 2.4.3. And the boostee can do that ONE SINGLE TIME.

5 Likes

^ As you can see, in his first three words.
And your response to him.

I’m aware of what I said.
It’s still idiotic

I dont think that a subfee can be pay to win, because its mandetory to play the game.

Irrelevant.

According to the premise “Pay to advance is pay to win”, everything that enables advancement is “pay to win”. My subscription fee enables advancement, ergo, by that logic is pay to win.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

that’s called pay to play vs free to play lol.

okay :slight_smile: Thats well twisted. but if we all pay to win, what is the point in pointing out pay to win ? :smiley: I like the way you outlined that ^^

1 Like

Bingo :+1:

That’s exactly my point: Paying for advancement doesn’t automatically equal “pay to win”.

If I could pay to get full T6 gear, or buy Gladiator rating, or buy a legendary potion that just doubles my damage, or if I could get a mount that is just 30% faster than everything else in the game, that would be pay to win. None of these things are possible though.

And yes, some of these things are a matter of scale. Getting gear is not that dissimilar from getting levels. But scale matters. Someone paying the starting fee in a horse-race isn’t paying to win. Someone who buys the worlds fastest horse is.

Therefore, the boost isn’t “pay to win”.

4 Likes

No the boost is paying to advance and paying to skip content

Your title says “pay to win boost” :slight_smile:
Afraid you’re all over the place.

1 Like

Absolutely correct, although I don’t quite get why you feel the need to point that out to us…because, no one said otherwise.

But skipping these 58 levels once, isn’t “pay to win”, any more than paying a subscrition fee :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s an umbrella term

I suggest you Google that if you dont know what it means

You’re skipping an entire 2 continents worth of content.
You’re paying to play the game then paying to skip half of it lmao

Why does this affect you exactly?

After carefully googling and searching.
I’ve concluded, this is invalid.

1 Like

This character I am posting with, spent 2% of its total /played time leveling, and 98% at max level.

So while the comparison “2 entire continents” certainly sounds big, it really isn’t. The content a boosted character skips, is, by the time TBC rolls around less than 0.5% of an average toons lifetime.

Tell me, how is someone “winning” if he is able to skip the way from the stadium front-door to the locker, when afterwards he has to run a marathon?

4 Likes

it will not be once for long AND you know that :wink:

1 Like

The slippery-slope assumption is based on nothing but opinion, and thus isn’t an argument.

2 Likes

Look at retail then

Im sorry, are we discussing retail now?
I was under the impression that this is the TBC Classic Forum.

4 Likes