The positivity thread!

Happy early birthday!

Thank you kindly! :grin:

I learned the old movie I thought so bizzare that it must’ve been a fever dream was actually real and an adaption of a novel done so poorly that the author tried to bail from being associated with it.

That’s one life mystery solved.

1 Like

We’ve had proper snow where I live for the first time in years, and they managed to to clear the roads fine, so now we have the wonderful golden median of gorgeous winter scenery with lots of snow, and usable roads / sidewalks.

This makes me very happy.

2 Likes

Got a Fyrakk kill today and completed the post-raid storyline. I found it very satisfying to play through on a night elf, especially one with a long RP history post-BfA, and probably the best the writers could do to salvage this story without retconning the Burning of Teldrassil outright.

Spoilers

Delaryn is visited by her dead partner, who is now a wisp, and they recognize each other. So yes, the spirits of the victims of Teldrassil retain awareness and are still with their friends and loved ones, in a sense.

6 Likes

Extra happy today, managed to get a slot from one of my favourite artists! It’s amazing when you find an artist with whom your thoughts and ideas go hand in hand and who always manages to catch that right vibe with your characters. :paintbrush: :art: It’s like finding that hairstylist who knows what you want and what fits you even better than you do.

4 Likes

Booked my first holiday abroad in 8 or 9 years or so today! Going for a week to that other port city in a swamp - Venice here we come!

6 Likes

Why I love FFXIV lore:

A while ago, I did an IC lecture on the War of the Magi, an ancient conflict that caused the second most recent worldwide calamity, which was a great flood. (The first six calamities were each associated with an element, in this case water.) I made up a sensible-seeming explanation why this particular calamity was a flood.

Much later, I learned that this explanation, unknown to me, was canon.

2 Likes

Just had my first ever RP in post-raid Amirdrassil. It was, unsurprisingly, about plans for the future.

I’m really hopeful about the zone’s future as an RP hub. More and more I want to help see it flourish.

3 Likes

I got new fluffy bedsheets on my bed ready for my birthday tomorrow! I am very excited.

4 Likes

Bothered to spend some time with Heroforge for the first time.

After 3 or some hours, I think my first project came out pretty well!

Edit:

Oh wow look at what hardware acceleration does!

10 Likes

I’ve grown fond of the Dragonflight leitmotif and enjoy hearing its various rearrangements in cinematics, the main menu, dragon races, etc. I was happy that it was used for Blizzcon 2023 announcements. In my imagination, it has come to embody the themes of the expansion: thrill of flight, adventure, renewal, and reconciliation.

2 Likes

Looks really good! nice work!

1 Like

Had Winter Veil celebration with the guild yesterday evening, which had a lot of fun things happening - including one of the members eating a figurine baked in a cake by accident! (once in a lifetime odds of that to happen!)

The figurine was very small and that particular member ate a lot worse things, historically, so nobody was harmed.

3 Likes

https://www.nexusmods.com/masseffectlegendaryedition/mods/1033

I’ve just been introduced to the best Mass Effect 3 mod ever. Yes, that’s counting AHEM and CEM (though I’d still keep them if I replayed ME3, but now I’d install this mod too).

Removes as much Kai Leng as possible from LE3.

• Kai Leng no longer talks for the entire game. All of his lines have been removed from the game.
  • Kai Leng now has a helmet that covers his entire face. No more wavy hair. He also wears default Cerberus colors.
  • Kai Leng is no longer the one that takes down Shepard’s car during the coup. A Phantom is now the one responsible.
  • Kai Leng is no longe present on Mars, during the scene when Shepard talks with the Illusive Man.
  • The scene with Kai Leng and the Illusive Man during the coup has been removed.
  • The terminal with information on Kai Leng at Cerberus Headquarters has been removed.
  • The fight with Kai Leng on Thessia has been removed.
  • The email that Shepard gets after Thessia is now actually from Thessia command instead of Kai Leng.
  • Removes Kai Leng’s scream as he charges at Shepard at Cronos station.
1 Like

i’m sold on it

3 Likes

Today in Lintian’s LARP Escapades, I present a new blue elven dress that I’m very happy about! I had it custom-ordered from a LARP tailor in St. Petersburg.

https://imgur.com/a/gCs1r6n

Its wide white sleeves are like wings and flutter in the air when I move my arms. And more than just sleeves, it has a white underlay that’s visible under the blue top layer when I walk, because the skirt part is cut on the front.

It’s perfect for its intended purpose, and is everything I’ve dreamt of.

7 Likes

That dress is absolutley gorgeous, I love it!

2 Likes

Nice, good job.
I do like the shading from yellow to purple a lot!

1 Like

Inspiring me to post more of these for sure.

Looks great. I’d dress up too if I weren’t a horrid little goblin irl.

4 Likes