The positivity thread!

Got Nintendo Switch, already impressed by the screen and sound quality of this thing. Excited to finally give Breath of the Wild a shot during the holidays!

Anyone else playing something on Switch? Got any game recommendations?

9 Likes

I canā€™t recommend anything better than Breath of the Wild to be fair. Tears of the Kingdom is great too when you finish this one and take a break from Zelda.

I will always call out Sea of Stars as being an amazing game too, especially given how it looks on the OLED screen.

Enjoy your time in Hyrule!

2 Likes

Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Dragonā€™s Dogma.

2 Likes

On top of the first pick, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, if youā€™ve never played Disco Elysium, itā€™s great on Switch! The new Super Mario Bros Wonder is also really fun.

3 Likes

Animal Crossing

Itā€™s COZY

3 Likes

RIP my island I spend 80 hours on and didnā€™t get far on, but still. All those hoursā€¦ Gone.

ANYWAY.

PokĆ©mon is funā€¦ And you can subscribe and get all the old N64 games!

4 Likes

Iā€™m falling asleep under direct moonlight awashing my bed, and itā€™s really beautiful and soothing.

(Itā€™s so bright that I can actually read by it, though I have to keep my eyes close to the paper and it strains them.)

Certainly gives me some RP inspiration.

3 Likes

Smash Bros. Ultimate.

1 Like

I shall in a few hours, for the first time in my life experience what Finish Christmasā€™s is like, quite excited about that!

My old time friend came back to WoW, so the past days I have lived in this bliss of nostalgia and hopes for future RP with him! :sweat_smile: :blue_heart:

1 Like

The lord of the rings movie(s) having become a christmas tradition on tv.

7 Likes

Roleplay is cool. I donā€™t do it enough.

I endeavour to do more in 2024.

3 Likes

I completed a task that gave me anxiety for weeks because it seemed so daunting and I was at such a loss at how to approach it that it made me anxious to even think about it.

I felt massive relief afterwards, one of the signs of which was that a body scan actually felt like a pleasant and relaxing experience rather than a waste of time distracting me from the important things I could be doing instead (like anxiously browsing the Internet to distract myself from my anxiety and not do anything useful in the end).

7 Likes

My friendā€™s six-year-old daughter saw me play WoW and got excited. Today she asked me if I was going to play ā€œthe night elf gameā€ again, so I logged in and flew to the world quest I wanted to do. She asked if she could take a shot at controlling my character.

So I taught her the basics of running, flying, and dragonriding, and she flew around the game world excitedly. It was her first experience using a keyboard and mouse, and especially both at once, since she only played mobile games before. With my help, she completed the Narā€™thalas Academy wand world quest and was happy to see that the NPCs reacted to being hit with the wand.

She was also excited about the barbershop, which I taught her to use, and after seeing her play around with it, I asked if she wanted to create a character of her own. She agreed, chose a blood elf mage, and paid a lot of attention to customizing her. Again with my help (she canā€™t read, though she knows digits, so Iā€™m using WoW as an opportunity to teach her letters as well, reading quest and tutorial text aloud), she did the Exileā€™s Reach tutorial up to and including the quest to retrieve 6 first aid kits from murlocs. I wrapped it up for now as it was late, but she asked me if she could play again when I would visit them next.

I have no idea what Iā€™ve unleashed, but I think I like it.

10 Likes

Been having a really bad mental health week, so I kinda tapped out of a lot of games and tried out this ā€œsocial MMOā€ called Sky: Children of the Light. Apparently it started as a phone-only game, then moved to consoles and now, slowly, Steam.

Radically different from other things I play, very chill, calm, simple fun, emphasizes helping each other and taking your time with things. Very relaxing, very pretty (at least I think so, the art style heavily appeals to me), and also free to play. Was kind of the perfect thing to get into to recharge my batteries.

As a bonus, we also had 3 days of spotless sunny weather over here.

1 Like

Having a fantastic time getting back into roleplay, inspiration is at itā€™s peak!
I practice patience and restrain, I do not have enough time for all of it, unless I neglect my real life responsibilities which is, not a sensible option for me, to be fair.

2 Likes

I feel a bit overwhelmed lately
with all my hobbies starting up again, and the 2nd round of a job interview in a couple of days, not to mention my brothers birthday tomorrow.

But I consider these good things.
Preferable to how it was just 2 years ago before I started getting an active social life.

3 Likes

Oh dear. Oh my.

2 Likes

Well, she saw me playing Lintian and I explained to her that my character was a night elf, so she has nicknamed WoW ā€œthe night elf gameā€. But I let her create a character of any race she wanted.

2 Likes

The Bank finally called back after 2 weeks of waiting, and after a few questions they said the account will be sorted out, no problem!

:blue_heart:

1 Like

Did my first proper RP last night for the first time in a long time. Iā€™m rusty as hell and couldnā€™t keep up with people at first, but I soon fell back into the swing and really enjoyed it. People were very welcoming, too! <3

2 Likes