The positivity thread!

That sounds like my first experience years and years ago at my friend’s house after school. You just created a core memory for her!

2 Likes

True Detective bros… we are so back…

season 4 episode 1 released and the vibe’s very good, excited to see where things go

With the new patch out it has made dragonriding available everywhere and I am SO glad.

Not only can I now use the Highland Drake for my black dragon’s form in RP

BUT DRACTHYR’S SOAR NOW WORKS AKIN TO A DRAGONRIDING MOUNT
AS IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN SINCE LAUNCH :clap:

6 Likes

Cooper, my Jack Russel Terrier, really goes wild in the snow and jumps from place to place :]

6 Likes

I learned that there’s a fan translation of FFXIV into Russian.

https://xivrus.ru

And it’s really well-researched. I read their article on how they translated Shadowbringers, and it was done with a good understanding of the plot, the subtext, and the real-world references. I haven’t played it myself, but I can definitely recommend the mod to Russian speakers!

I had a fun event with my guildies and I have come to appreciate them a lot. I hope we can share many cool adventures in the days to come!

4 Likes

After a long time I participated in an RP event again! Sure, I wasn’t actually part of the event, didn’t really have a clue what was going on and sort of wandered in to eat food but, hey, it was nice to be in character again.

6 Likes

Last night I did some RP with a friendo who I’ve not RP’d with in so, so long. It was awesome.

5 Likes

I gifted the girl a children’s bow, and she’s made a few shots and now she’s running and jumping around in sheer joy and excitement. She’s a gem.

5 Likes

Is she a sapphire or an emerald?

1 Like

I have no idea if people know about this or need this, bu I will tell you all anyway, because this saved my day quite literally.

I was 76 hours into my Baldurs Gate Honour mode save, when in the middle of save my computer crashed. Has happened before, didn’t think much of it.

I opened the game and my save file was gone. Needless to say, I was despairing. I couldn’t scream, cry or rage, I was just empty.

I tried multiple fixes people had been suggesting over the internet- None of them worked, and I was beginning to lose all hope.

Until, 10 minutes ago, I discovered a Larian tech support guy responding on a reddit thread that have you tried renaming the game folder?

And good god, it actually worked. When you boot the game next time, it cant find the root of the game, so it fixes it and supposedly draws your latest verifiable save file from steam cloud, even for a corrupted save, and fixes it.

Here are the specific instructions, if this ever happens to you:

"If you browse to the ‘C:\Users<UserName>\AppData\Local\Larian Studios’ folder and rename the ‘Baldur’s Gate 3’ subfolder. The easiest way to get there would be to copy the following line into the location bar in Explorer and hit Enter: %LocalAppData%\Larian Studios

This folder contains the saved games, configuration files and a level cache folder. Deleting or renaming it will get the game to recreate it on startup.

This is the only thing that fixed it for me."

Pic related.

6 Likes

So, I have been in a strange place recently and then, the other day the little birds came; they have been gone for some time because of the snowstorms! It came back to eat from just outside my window.
And now it just made the sweetest little "tweee, tweee, twee’’

It just got me emotional, because it was so sweet and glad to have it back! Might also be because it reminded me of spring :sun_with_face:

I don’t know friends, these little bird friends just have a special place in my heart!

10 Likes

Amirdrassil is the best thing that’s happened to RP in ages :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

started writing again and just reached a chapter that was just absolute peak fun to write. Hard to do in some parts, but it still brought my spark back to continue it.

6 Likes

You really think you can drop this without sharing a link?

1 Like

Recently took part in a 9-some-days-long RP campaign, where I attended every single day, barring only 2 where obligations kept me away.
I’m generally not great with events that are so massive in attendee numbers and length, so I’m pretty proud of myself. The campaign was great eitherway, and bore some really fun moments.

5 Likes

I want to draw some stuff and voice it too. So I will share one once I am done with that :wink:

1 Like

give me a month then I will

1 Like

Going to a festival at the end of March. Was excited 'cause yea, going with a friend and last time was epic. The fest announced an act dropped out and I was like aw, shame. Didn’t know who it was but they sounded fun.

And then they announced the replacement as -one of my all time favourite artists- and I screamed. I was excited but now I cannot contain it.

4 Likes

My Sindarin teacher was very satisfied with my presentation about Gandalf and now wants me to make a presentation about FFXIV (after I showed him a Sindarin translation of a certain Endwalker character’s passionate speech).

…Looks like I’ll have a lot of new words to make up, starting with *rochaew “horsebird” and Escar Escarath “Weapon of Weapons”.

4 Likes