They promised classic forever servers?

I think it would be kinda hard to play classic in the nuclear winter.

Blizzard may have said Forever*

*Until we shut them down.

I am going to be very disappointed if I don’t get an option to keep my Classic characters on a forever-classic server.

Or atleast Classic FRESH realms alongside TBC.

TBC and WOTLK is most likely going to happen, I just hope that eventually I’ll be able to play all 3 versions of ‘‘Classic’’, and can change between Vanilla, TBC and WOTLK as easily as one can change between Classic and Retail at this point.

10 Likes

I wish I could give you ten :blue_heart:s.

1 Like

They did say that they Intend to keep server(s) up as long as people are playing, even if it’s just 10players on 1 server, that server will be online

2 Likes

I couldnt agree more. I dont favor Fresh servers though as the only option because then I cant revisit my original classic character.

Fresh doesn’t mean that anything gets deleted…

1 Like

Interesting.

How would “Fresh” work, in your example?

Fresh would mean that it’s “fresh”
What other reason would “fresh servers” mean exactly? lol.

Fresh = Beginning from the start.
Otherwise, why would they be “fresh?”
What would be the point in making “fresh” classic servers, if there’s nothing fresh about it exactly?

Sigh.

Read above.

The question is will you get to keep your character if its Fresh? I think not. Because then it would be hard to call it fresh.

“Phase 1 MC is out - content wise, but I got my Naxx character helping out in raids…”

I want to keep my original character in Classic and visit it whenever I want. I dont want to be forced to re-roll every other year.

Thats the whole point of the thread.

1 Like

If you looked, I didn’t respond to you.
I responded to this guy.
You can see at top right of my post, who I’m replying to(usually), but in this case, it does show :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t know man.

Why Blizzard will wanna keep endless Classic?

I’m asking because it seems more and more are asking for Fresh, and that’s making much more sense for everyone, including Blizzard from a financial PoV.

Out of curiosity, what do you plan to do in an endless Classic after the TBC will go live?

You might have some hard earned gear and you would like to be able to log in and admire it, it’s something normal I get this, or maybe you would like to get in that position, but what else?

Same here… I really demand a blue answer to this question.

Lately I been struggling what if it’s even worth playing Classic now as it might be gone in 3 months? Or not? Is it worth gearing further? Spending gold on items that will become useless? I really wonder how this is going to be handled.

We need answers Blizzard! Every day struggling with this question doesn’t make the game fun as it should be.

2 Likes

Probably Blizzard will give us that answers next month in the Blizzconline that wil happens in February 19–20, probably they are waiting for that event to give the official TBC announcement.

I agree with OP. They said we get forever classic servers so I take for granted we are gonna have some servers that are p6 forever too. Invested alot of time, would be very strange to not have p6 servers.

1 Like

A forced transfer to TBC is just the most boring option. Especially if it is like last time where all lvl 55-60 content was rendered totally irrelevant overnight. (Actually…basically all content up to lvl 60 was rendered more or less irrelevant).
Why would they do this again. It’s mind boggling. Why not have a (vanilla/classic/plus) version catering for those who enjoy all of the game, and a (retail)version for those who just care about the highest levels.

Why are there even people complaining on what version other people want to play? Surely you realise that people just will stop playing if the game they find fun is forced away from them. Or they will go to any of the “private” servers that offer what they want.
With blizzards resources this should be a walk in the park offering a few different options. If they have two or five versions running…piss easy. The amount of stuff that can be reused across the board while maintaining that classic/retail/TBC/… or whatever feel people prefer is huge.
If few fans can run a server with new vanilla plus content then a mega moneymaking machine can too.
Shape up!

2 Likes

Theres only one thing we want, and that is F R E S H !

1 Like

I certainly hope they’ll give us a permanent Classic server. I’m personally not interested in TBC in the slightest. This would be a good compromise for everyone. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Absolutely, and I’d support this.

I want to play on a permanent TBC server. We essentially want the same thing, just different game versions. There’s no reason why both shouldn’t be available.

6 Likes

They can do it however they please, as long as you get to keep your main classic character on a classic forever server.

3 Likes