This expansion will crash harder than any before

Numbers should be way up at the moment, with a global pandemic going on this means many more people are at home and have more time, even if you are working from home that means no commute which gives more time available for the game.
Schools and colleges are closed or on short time therefore the game should be thriving, however it doesn’t seem to be.
I am in a few guilds on different servers and factions all of which are losing numbers or have folded. Communities that were maxxed out are now half full. I know that is only a tiny fraction of the player base but the general consensus as far as I can see it is one of disappointment and apathy towards the game in its current state. We should still be in the honeymoon period but it seems we are anything but.
I am not thinking of leaving as I have played since launch although I do think the game needs something more. Torghast was hyped in alpha and beta as the best thing going but has proved to be a huge failure in its current form, the fact that there is even a discussion as to whether it is worse than islands says it all really.

Here’s hoping for an improved 9.1

2 Likes

I actually hope it does.
The devs NEED to understand that this way, is NOT the way.

Better to lose some butthurt elitists because they don’t feel special anymore than to lose a massive amount of bored casuals.

5 Likes

The word is extremely fuzzy. Casual - can have 101 meanings and interpretations. I raid mythic(sort of), run m+ as high as I can…yet I still consider myself a filthy casual since I dont have CE or rio 1.5k or something :smiley:

Well everyone has a different way of fun but not all of us are having fun the same way being competitive i have burned out of that style of play since i was 18 and the way I have fun now is exploring and doing some casual pve with my guild leveling alts and catching up to them as much as I can it’s hard since 0% loot drops but that’s my fun.

So in conclusion I’m the weirdo aswel.

1 Like

True. I wouldn’t consider anyone who raids mythic a casual. Nor heroic or normal. Organized raiding is not casual imo. Ah well.

Regarding SL crashing or not, make your BlizzConline predictions:

BlizzConline Predictions - Community / General Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

Well i consider myself a casual because I run normal raid with my guild did up to +6 :old_key: and do LFR sometimes and level alts trying to catch up on them but with 0 luck because gear is scarce.

So I’m lost on the meaning of casual,but my idea of elite is anyone who runs mythic raiding or does 15+ keys.

And i don’t pvp i suck badly at it.

But this would put ‘casual’ in the realm of ‘gender’.
I consider myself ‘this’, so that is how it is. That’s not how science works.

We need a proper, agreed upon definition I suppose. :nerd_face:

1 Like

Well yes but the point why i am casual you missed it or didn’t even read my post but irrelevant :slight_smile: but i agree with you nonetheless.

Sometimes i wonder if you people nitpick parts of the post without even reading them but that’s me being paranoid :rofl: again.

Which is close to impossible to do. “Casual” meaning can range from peps who just lvl up to lvl 60 and do pet battles to peps who raid mythic, do M+

We can pretty much paint the whole(well 99% almost. I guess most will agree that Echo, Limit and etc. are not casuals) playerbase as “casual” if we use every interpretation about it. :smiley:

1 Like

They are not though they run mythic raiding and go min max cutting edge like a job and most casuals that i know of don’t do that including me.

So the interpretation is different from person to person.

I read your post, don’t worry. Even the edits.
It’s just that ‘calling yourself something’, doesn’t make it true perse.

Now;

I agree, but there’s a different types of hybrids between a casual and an elite. It doesn’t go from black to white straight away; there’s shades of grey in between.

I do not consider myself a casual. I like casual type content overal.
But I play like a hardcore player; in time spent, effort, being knowledgeable etc.
So I’m a weird hybrid player, who get’s affected by game changes in different ways.

Like with the covenant sets; for a true casual gearing up this way might be okay because it will take them some time to get a complete set all upgraded to the max. But for me; I’ve had it completed for quite a while; I grinded anima like a madman. Because that’s how I play. And now I’m ‘done’ and bored. :unamused:

1 Like

…‘you gave us what we asked for, but never what we wanted’…J.Sullivan

2 Likes

It feels like J.Sullivan is contradicting himself there xD.

1 Like

I kinda enjoy the xpac so far because PvP gearing is pretty decent currently but I see the frustration. Three things which WoW needs to change in my opinion:

1. The insane vertical progression and the powercreep
  2. Get rid of all the timegates and the weekly chest, go for weekly caps (like the conquest cap) if you have to but don’t punish people for not playing for a week
  3. Get rid of the rng, give pvers a vendor too, maybe even make the pvp vendor more universal

Gear progression in general seems to be too difficult for casuals. The gearing process should be fun and casual friendly and not only cater to hardcore players. Currently you’ll have a really hard time to get good gear as a casual and all we see is that boosting services are reaching a whole new level (at 1,7-1,8k rating in arena I’m seeing a booster in every third game for example which is just sad, it’d be better to just give everybody welfare gear than this pay to win crap).

Some elitists will disagree but WoW is only successful because it used to cater to the casuals. Making games which are accessable for everyone is what made Blizzard popular and the current iteration of WoW feels so incredible anti Blizzard. When classic released WoW was the easiest and most accessable MMO on the market and now I can barely find a MMO which is more hardcore than WoW. Something needs to change here imo, I just want the game to be fun and as popular as possible.

2 Likes

yeah, i kinda feel sorry for the devs a little, how DO you please this crowd?, WoW has been a victim of it’s own success since BC…sure it’s changed, but so have people, so have gamers…Ion has promised big changes in the Spring for Shallowlands, i don’t see it being any different to how it is now because those that actually know what they want all have a different idea.

people wanted content, they have that to their ears now, what i want is LESS content and more depth, quality over quantity…:slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s what every normal player wants, but it seems that blizz can’t understand this. Very simple, high quality pve and pvp, high quality class/spec design. Time, creativity and effort should be invested in these things, in the core parts of the game, and not in stupid, boring and cheap systems. The story, plot and zones are generally a matter of taste, but there is no need to experiment too much in that segment either. Brand new but interesting characters are always welcome. But all this (story, zones, chars etc) is irrelevant, because if they make high quality pvp, pve, class/spec design, then they can send us to Neptune or Disneyland and it won’t be a problem, because the core parts of the game are great.

4 Likes

That’s why some guild uses the term semi-hardcore. That’s the in-between. I would put you there, but if you feel better with the casual term, up to you.

1 Like

Well i played sl only for one month but i will be 100% playing in few weeks again. I hope that this time i pick spec that will not be deleted by blizzard.

yeh, i quite agree this expansion kept me playing less than bfa,I miss Legion, there was something magical about this expansion in every way with Dalaran, the big questline of Suramar,( AN ILLUSION WHAT ARE YOU HIDIN) or the awful quests in Highmountain where u couldn’t guess where it was down in the caves or somewhere else, I loved Mage tower,Halls of Valor Challenges set and overall lore, Shadowlands just feels a different game to me.

5 Likes