This expansion will crash harder than any before

I never seen game so much unbalanced as current state both in pve and pvp, i really let it go at this moment i cant waste my time since it becomes more frustration than fun

WoD already went from peak to dead in like 3 weeks.
SL literally can’t crash more than that.

I think SL is skimming above BFA. It has the potential to climb up towards Legion if Blizzard makes some obvious improvements.
But, Blizzard being stubborn, it’ll probably follow the same trajectory as BFA.

And how were you grinding legos? By doing whatever you wanted to do in the first place. You couldn’t grind legos any more than you could grind gear, meaning doing the content you want over and over.

It had atrocious AP grind and ridiculous RNG legendary grind, it was absurdly alt unfriendly expansion.

1 Like

They just did the old formula of creating LANDSCAPE, throwing in the systems and letting the art team do the rest. It feels to me they never cared about Warcraft at all but are just checking what form of laziness is possible all the time.

I mean, kudos for giving you the possibility to play for free and at least allowing something new like Torghast but it blows my mind how boring and dull they let it be. knock knock “Who’s there?” “The next expansion in 2 years.” Is it all evil and calculated or do they blindly love each other too much while Warcraft is suffering?

1 Like

It has to be predictable. Like they did later on with a currency that can be acquired from all kinds of content, but mainly older raids.
Or maybe a balance between 1-2 targetable leggos so you get your BiS, and the rest will be random drops so you could keep farming all types of content if you wanted but not as necessary as you had your main leggo.

I also agree that Legion was mostly an amazing expansion with a lot of stuff to do for everyone. Not perfect, but a good step up from everything else. However i was cutting edge raiding in those days, so i cant speak from a casual perspective in that time.

Yes, that’s how I see it as well. It’s baffling they don’t even understand their own game :smiley: I did enjoy M+ in Legion mainly due to the better dungeons than in BfA (SL ones are not bad, too), and because it wasn’t mandatory. I did one for the weekly chest and I was done. And if I didn’t want to, I didn’t do it. I still got loot from raids. Ah, I miss master loot as well… Legion just needed a bit work here and there, otherwise pretty good xpac, my fave after TBC :slight_smile:

Except if you were a Survi Hunter, then… :rofl: Yeah, that was dumb.

WUT?? In 8.2, I spent 2 hours a day on 1 single char to complete every single daily quest in Nazjatar and mecagon. Same goes for 8.3, both zones were taking 2 hours a day. Not to mention the fact that essences required more spent times.

Nah, Tjorgast takes less time than BFA chores.

There is nothing that can back this tread up, its pure words. Wait until q1 has passed and you can see if something can back you up. This tread is as true as 50% is member of Q&A. No substans or facts, pure words.

Same here… But my casual sis also had a blast with the game, so I think it couldn’t be that bad.

And yes, the only downside was the unbalanced legos and the fact that you couldn’t target them, which they fixed for the xpac’s end. So yeah, Legion were good times…

I wish they did an expansion with larger landmasses like Kalimdor or Eastern Kingdoms. The biggest issue they have with zone design is that they cramp a zone up to the brink with disneyland stuff and forget that a compelling world has to have larger zones that are more sparse but still some interesting stuff in them.
Take the Barrens for example or Feralas. Amazing zones, large and they dont feel at all like a disney land attraction scene. Thats where you get that World of Warcraft feeling.

7 Likes

Wait, it had? Idk, it was pretty EZ to catch up, I geared up my DH in a week. o_O It had one of the fastes catch up system ever, including AP Knowledge. And unless you were top100 guild MRaider, you didn’t have to max out your weapon. I know, I was that M Raider back then and no one bothered after we had the abilities. 0,5% didn’t worth the hassle…

Yeah artifact knowledge helped, but it took several weeks or even months to be somewhat fast to catch up on other specs or alts, without having to grind AP for hours.

People seem to forget just how bad 7.0 was. Broken shore was trash too, with absolute joke of “story” quests. While Argus had some of the absolute worst zones in the entire game, with Antoran Wastes being worst zone ever created.

1 Like

It was really bad at the beginning till mid. Especially if you wanted to play your other specs. 7.3 fixed a lot of those issues. I still preferred all that so much more than what we have in SL.
They simply had to put the cap on artifacts lower so something like 1000 maw runs wasnt necessary. That was a time i truly hated the game because i had to run maw endlessly for my guild.
But still those things can be adjusted easily as they are just numbers. Same with leggo acquirance. Yet professions had so much to them and now you look at SL and the only thing you can do is blast tons of gold on the AH to craft another rank of a leggo which you can now buy for little money on the AH anyways.

They didnt even bother with Archaeology for Shadowlands.

I still dont understand how you can come from Legion professions with obliterum forge and many many recipes, Suramar, Withering Scenario, 12x class halls and 36x !!! artifact weapons (+questlines) to Shadowlands 4x covenants … thats it.

But why more? They can use the zones we have , fill with new stories and mobs, Mines, herbs that can only be seen at max level . I feel more that we get more land getting useless

1 Like

Again, you were grinding those by doing dungeons, raids, or pvp, the ONLY endgame activities you could anyhow. It didn’t have additional external features that you had to do in addition to the main 3 like we have with Torghast now or had with Islands etc.

It was alt unfriendly but so are BFA and SL, in Legion the alts had the same problem as the main which was relying on luck to get a good lego, they didn’t have to do additional bs that compounds into hours spent weekly doing stuff you don’t want so you can be competitive in the content you do want to do.

In Legion my alts were spamming raids and M+ just like my main, now in SL I gotta weekly Torghast on 3 of them and it makes me sick every time.

I agree that lego randomness was horrible, but them dropping from literally everywhere was the right and the perfect choice. Wakening essences should’ve been there from the start and the problem would’ve almost disappeared.

You were grinding Naz and Mechagon for the pathfinder, not player power unless you wanted those 2 specific essences locked behind the reps. In that case, the grind was bad, but one of them was a slightly different version of another essence and neither was BIS for anyone as far as I remember.

Yes there wasnt any other extra feature on top of those 3 endgame things, but overall the grind was far longer and worse. You need only an hour a week to get renown and few hours in torghast to craft legendary you want and will never replace. Legion alt/spec unfriendliness was on another level.

Not everyone wants to spam raids or M+ btw, which means there was no real content outside of that.

Fine, the story wasn’t there in 7.1.5, but the raid was cool at least. BShore was a problem only because of the terrible path finder philosophy that still haunts the game. 7.0 had a nice pacing, most ppl ruined it for themselves with the grind, at least that’s how I experienced it.

As I said, it was pretty EZ to catch up after 7.1 and even easier after 7.2 and onward. The story, the zones, the raids (except ToS, burn in hell) and the dungeons were all excellent and somehow the whole xpac felt more finished than SL. :frowning:

1 Like

Well you are comparing 7.1, 7.2 or even 7.3 to 9.0, we didnt have a single patch yet. Im sure there will be some improvements to make playing more fun and less frustrating. 7.0 was kinda worse than 9.0 in my experience.

I hate companies like EA and Ubisoft with a passion because they’re only interested in pleasing their shareholders and don’t care one bit about their IPs or their community. I’m starting to feel the same resentment towards Blizzard. Sad.

5 Likes