This expansion will crash harder than any before

I’m comparing 7.0 to 9.0. I was hooked in 7.0, I loved the raid, loved my class and chosen spec, loved the zones, ect. Now… well, not that much. I made a nice little list up there, you can read that and compare it to Legion 7.0.

2 Likes

Ok, and what would you do if you had a company with shareholders? This is how business works , sorry to breach your buble that we do things for free.

This. 7.0 you had tons of cool stuff to do outside of M+, Raid, PvP. Alone the amount of Class Halls (12x) + Artifact Questlines (36x) where so much that you could play endlessly.
But then we also got all the artifact skins (remember hidden artifact stuff that got on entire discords?), Suramar (great), Withered Scenario, Professions.

The amount of work that went into professions for Shadowlands is basically 1 guy working for 3h at a late friday to get a few numbers into the spreadsheet.

3 Likes

I’d ensure my product is bulletproof before making money. Wow USED to be bulletproof.

I guess it depends on taste, i really love SL zones and campaign. Raid and dungeons are pretty cool too, i liked them in both expansions. I do agree class fantasy was better in Legion, but SL isnt that bad either right now for most part, especially after BfA.

I do think what SL is missing is another Suramar, that place was perfect and awesome. Professions need improvement too. Most importantly would like Legion/BfA content fixed to be able to solo it.

1 Like

I guess it was due to player compulsion in how much they actually grinded for anything in Legion. I never raided or spammed M+ for a lego, but for the gear which I would do anyway. I did do every emissary quest because they had a big chance of drops but otherwise, my gameplay would’ve been completely unchanged if legendaries weren’t a thing, they did serve as a motivation to do content I’m already doing at least until I got my BiS one.

There were players doing hundreds of Maws of Souls runs to grind like maniacs for AP and Concordance, this was never necessary nor intended in the first place. The system allowed progression past max level and was there to ensure that all content was rewarding, not to force you into doing MoS 70 times a day.

It did suck for world first raiders because they had to do that technically, but 5 or so guilds being inconvenienced is a small price to pay in comparison.

That’s a bold claim without any basis because we have no idea what they’re gonna do with the legendary system. Next patch they are gonna increase their maximum ilvls which means more Torghast grinding and more gold spending to further improve the ones we have. We have no idea if they’ll nerf some BiS ones to the ground or add new ones that will outperform the ones we have, both of those mean further and further Torghast grinding.

Confused by this as those 2 and PvP were the only areas where Legendaries were necessary, what else would you want to do? There was basically everything else that we have now except Torghast, WQs, rares, mount farming, Suramar and Class halls, later the mage tower. Legion arguably had more content than any other expansion so not sure what you meant by that.

That’s exactly how it was. People with compulsive tendencies felt obligated to get max AP as soon as possible even though it wasn’t even possible. There were AP catch-ups constantly even by this point in the expansion as far as I remember. Still waiting for that Anima catch up though.

What is not bullet proof? Bullet proof enough? Scaling is up and down and if blizz see big big problem they hotfix. Some might see things they experinced such as not interrupting convoke in pvp and then all things is crap and bommies need nerf 5000 %.

That’s because it’s Activision-Blizzard, and Activision is worse than all those you mentioned.

1 Like

Ok, try now look at the company where you work, they do not do things to benefit the owner somehow?

These companies don’t get horrible rep by benefiting their owners, but through years and years of disgusting business practices that directly inconvenience the customer. Does Activision really need further elaboration at this point? Sacking 800 employees and announcing record profits? CoD matchmaking patents for matching up low skilled people against higher-skilled ones with purchased skins to incentivize the noobs into purchasing them after getting owned?

2 Likes

I think the problem is the budget and devs being afraid of creating several parallel progression systems. Things too long and fizzle out which is not that epic.

For the mmo game x-pac is fine but for the theme park with exciting thrilling attractions not really.

Thats your opinion and fair enough, but all companys rezise everyday. Why have employee for manual processes that is not needed, I can mention alot of situations i have been in and know of . People getting sacked all the time in every company, blizz is allowed to do that too?

Weird strategy considering this game returns tremendous amounts of money in comparison to its cost. But thats what you get if black suits decide how your game budget looks like that probably never touched a pc game before.

2 Likes

You obviously didn’t played end bfa if you think it wasn’t dead. The only thing that saved it is the shadowlands hype. And SL is already started to die down probably the first expansion that landed this badly.

Noooo, what are you doing, don’t summon them back after they finally left!!! o_o

1 Like

That doesnt change the fact that getting crappy legendary felt really bad and many were frustrated with this, because it meant it will take weeks to grind next drop. Often players would just start a new character in hopes for better drop. I would much prefer Torghast 3-4 hours to get legendary, than what legion had (though i do like to do Torghast once in a while, even if it needs lots of improvements and fixes). Even with nerfs/buffs this is way better system and much easier/faster to acquire what you need.

Also as with AP grind you suggest it wasnt needed to grind to max and others brought it on themselves, same way you can also just take rank1 legendary very quickly and upgrade it when you feel like it with very minor stat loss.

Its just annoys me when shills defend a game that they obviously aren’t playing.

The so called Black suits owns alot of big companies though. People are free to use their money for example you or me could spend all our money and purchase blizz and give them unlimited time to make everything shinning and everyone happy. We could do that, but I think even you and me expect something in return some day

Of course but its rather clear that those people lack understanding how those games work. It would be much more profitable to invest a little bit more in a solid expansion and therefore have 2-3 mill more subs than cutting a few millions and bring out a mediocre or bad expansion.

Theyre basically milking the last drain out of it because it assures them some profit, while lacking the big picture. Not even speaking of killing a game with it, but i dont expect suits to have any kind of values.

WC3 Reforged is probably the prime example of failed greed.

It was crappy I agree on that, but it just needed a tweak on that end, make them targetable and leave the system as is. Imagine picking 1-3 you wanted and the next drop was a guaranteed one of those sleceted few.

Giving people choice is always preferable to forcing them into doing content, and Torghast should have always been completely optinional side thing instead of being tied to the lego grind.

As for the comparison I can’t really say as I don’t have the data for Legion and how much of a difference it made, but I remember it was miniscule for the amount of effort needed. Now the effort isn’t as big timewise, but it comes from the content I personally hate, and ilvl is a solid increase if not as important as the legendary effect itself.

We’ll see what they do with the system but I really hope they spread the sources of soul ash outside of Torghast, that would permanently fix at least that part of the game.