This expansion will crash harder than any before

Do you seriously are so naive to believe wow will never end?

Doing visions on alts was absolutely painful, half of my alts didnt even get the legendary cloak, because of how boring and long grind it was. Comparing to Torghast im actually looking forward to test the class in there while i work towards my legendary.

Grinding essences was absolutely awful on alts aswell. I would never want that back compared how easy it is to do a couple weeks of Torghast or callings for conduits.

Also everyone seems to be comparing Legion/BfA with full patches to SL where we didnt even get a single one yet. It is far better now than it was in first patch of Legion or BfA.

The story is lot more interesting and better than BfA, its nice they are exploring further with lore than just sticking to same stuff every single expac. If you dont like the story, its just your personal opinion, not failure in the writing. I for one am interested to know what happens in WoW afterlife and how it relates to Azeroth.

I forgot to mention one more thing. The situation about alts bothers me the most of all. Letā€™s ignore the renown and torghast grind, although if you look at the time and gold invested, you realize that itā€™s not really negligible. For example, I am a pvp player. How long do I have to be a punching bag to get to those ā€˜ā€˜magicalā€™ā€™ 197 ilvls? And when I finally take full 197 ilvl, does the situation change drastically? Of course not. I will still be a punching bag because most pvp players are between 210 and 220 ilvl, and a bunch of them spin between 1.6 and 1.8k and they will make me hell if I want to progress with my modest 197 ilvl. I donā€™t expect or want my alt to be the same strength as someoneā€™s main, but the difference in power is too pronounced in this expansion, unnecessarily. And of course there are pvp (pve also) boosts that are totally out of control in this expansion, to the point that every achievement loses meaning, where prestige is lost completely, where from 1.2 to 2.1 you very often play against gladiators and r1, etcā€¦

In short, too much unnecessary difference in power, boosts, grindy systems where gold also plays a big role, make this expansion one of the worst, if not the worst for alts.

Below 197 sure thing, but around that territory absolutely not. Iā€™m not the best pvper by any means but iā€™ve partook in wis against higher teams against players with way more health than me indicating higher gear (iā€™d guess 213 minimum) and this was when I was a more modest 199. It wouldnā€™t have been possible for me to climb up if I stood no chance.

Not saying itā€™s a cakewalk, but a player in full 197 gear with good versa is not ā€œa punching bagā€ for most pvp players outside of their burst cooldowns. Not that it changes much. I tell you now you can have 220 gear and a balance druid convoke will still melt u in 2 seconds same as on a 197 guy. As pvp is burst centric (especially arena) atm youā€™ll see a lot of it.

The main difference iā€™m seeing is these guys survive burst on that teeny bit more hp which is annoying, but it certainly doesnā€™t cause them to tear me into pieces if they enter combat with me.

Best bet to move on from 197 is to farm conquest in low cr RBG groups and try to aim for 1.4 rating that way. It seems to be way more forgiving than arena and less tendency to just get bursted and focused as u play around strats. Thatā€™s what iā€™d recommend. Iā€™m not planning to go back into arenas until iā€™m at 213 at least because way too many people in the unranked bracket are way higher geared than me, and there, it shows a bit more when it comes to surviving our burst.

starts learning from what they achieved in the past and implementing it from the start of an expansion.

itā€™s a similar situation to Destiny/Destiny 2. The first game fixes a lot of its problems by the end, then the sequel comes and itā€™s back to square 1 making the same mistakes and waiting for years to make fixes that were already made in the past.

Every WoW expansion should jump off from where the last one ended, instead of us waiting for patch after patch to fix problem after problem, none of which would exist in the first place if they learned from the stuff they already did.
[/quote]

Iā€™m not saying Torg is perfect, yes i needs more investment but it has huge potential. Islands, no matter the char, same crap. Same slugfest. Torg, different chars I at least look forward to seeing which wierd combos they can get and how crazy things can go. Torg has that at least.

Also the difficulty of TC was nice. I felt pretty good soloing 8 TC at 202 ilevel holy paladin as it wasnā€™t a walk in the park at all and did require some pretty good playing from me and utilising all of my kit to win especially the floors 13 and above. I also got some horrible affixes (soulforge, bonus health on mobs, bonus magical damage taken) but got it done in the end!

One Torghast run doesnt even take that long, depending on spec i can smash it in 20-40 min, same as 4 hc islands which took around 30 min. I did like islands partially, though it was huge wasted potential and completely different to what it was supposed to be (exploration and not timed rush). I do agree Torghast needs a lot more variety, powers and enemies, hopefully blizz wont abandon this feature and instead improve it so its actually fun for larger percentage of players.

I also agree blizz should stop trying to reinvent the wheel every single expac with ton of new systems and instead work on improving and expanding existing features, but they dont seem to get it. Still, saying expac is only bad or everything sucks and it will die is completely wrong and not helpful, there are few people who actually give civil proper critique.

1 Like

I was really stoked for SL, but it ended up being just a disappointment.
I seriously preferred BFA and WOD to this. Iā€™ve never been bored so fast, due to boring, grindy, rewardless systems.
my subs up end of this month, which fits in to see whatā€™s said during Blizzconline. If itā€™s just more choreghast and the bore, then I very much doubt Iā€™ll be renewing it for another 6 months.

There were so many features we never needed to get rid of that itā€™s painful. Class Halls should have kept going and be updated with questlines and cosmetics, Mage Tower can easily be tweaked through scaling to be challenging again or new challanges with the same principles, even Garrisons couldā€™ve kept going if they werenā€™t the central focus of an expansion but side content for mounts, transmogs, etc.

I still prefer being in the Shadowmoon Garrison than any Covenant Sanctum purely due to atmosphere and the personal elements like the Stables where you can see all your mounts roaming around etc. The ā€œexpansion featureā€ model is beyond absurd at this point because itā€™s always gonna be hit and miss with different people, and if we keep things that people liked from before someone would have something they liked available at all times.

2 Likes

Doubt. I had already quit BfA by this point because PvP was so bad.

Yeah, class halls shouldnt have been abandoned, it couldve been incorporated in every single expansion easily, in addition to whatever blizz adds extra, like covenant sanctums. The way we got rid of Artifact weapons was beyond ridiculous too, nothing epic that was promissed. Mage tower was fine as a Legion only feature, Torghast was supposed to take its place, but they didnt quite get the gameplay feel correct yet.

I would love something like Garrisons or your own customizable place that you can put anywhere in the world, in your preferred zone, which was the original idea for Garrisons, but would like it expanded to any zone.

2 Likes

Artifacts sting more than anything potentially, class halls and artifacts were my favorite feature of any expansion. As for garrisons itā€™s probably pretty hard getting them to work in any zone and they would definitely have to make a predetermined location per zone where you can place them, as just placing one anywhere definitely wouldnā€™t work, but it would be amazing having them still.

Of course WoW will end. Like any comercial product eventually goes into ā€œhistory booksā€.

But it will end when Blizz decides that its ā€œtimeā€ to pull the plugā€¦not when a random doom sayer says soā€¦

1 Like

SL is still pretty good to me, they really need to take a look at balancing and tuning more often, like hotfixes every or every other week.

Other than that, if they launch new patches every 6 or so months itā€™s going to be a good expac imo

Bud, Iā€™m far from a good pvp player. I was 2.5k last time in mop on my first acc and that was the last time I had a good idea about pvp. I am currently 2.1 wod/legion exp, I played this season at about 2k and I am well aware of what the difference in gear at that level means. You donā€™t have to be I donā€™t know what kind of player to notice that difference. For the best players it may not be that important, but for most of us it is very important, and that difference in power is very noticeable. If you think + 5-7k hp is not a big deal (among other stats) in this exp then I really donā€™t know what to say. Like you said this is a bursty meta. A player who has + 5-7k hp will survive most of those things that will end us (low ilvl) in 2-3 sec. I repeat 197 ilvl is ok for low lvl pvp, but you will have big problems if you want to progress because of all the things I have already mentioned above (ilvl difference and boosts).

Tbh Iā€™d if prolly been fairly happy with another expansion like legion there was very little that irritated me in that expansion.

hate to break it to you, but the worse and worse state game broke the record for most sold copies on release day of ALL GAMES. not just previous wow expansions either.

The game is very much alive. And it will remain so, no matter how much you think itā€™ll die. Expansion dying dying posts have been around for years.

Fully agreed. People pick classes because they like the theme (mostly). Throwing away class halls was the biggest mistake they couldve done. Its the perfect way to keep people attached to the warcraft world and their class identity.
Im so sick of stuff being thrown out at the end of an expac.

They couldve added tons of class related quests in the old world as well, making it relevant again. There is much already there from kalimdor and EK that just needs purpose again.

2 Likes

Whatā€™s worse is that they replace those things with horribly bad new things.

1 Like

based on my findings i have high hopes for Craftinium zone patch which i hope will introduce tinkers and another frosty zone for winter fairy tell vibes.

but for now game bleeds people for poor loot pve system, which is actually already confirmed to be addressed by Watcher later.

i just hope casuals and semi casuals feedback are high prio for them, warfront wellfare and gear abundance were good, personal loot is good, leveling changes were good

1.pvp needs to rely less on cds and be less 1 shot, hyperaggressive toxicosis should not be rewarded.

Also: melee baboons like arms, ww and ret should have more complexity in their rotations, they are too simple to play and do strong pressure, consider some improvement there generally pvp shouldnt be a pve rotation for melee, like it is for certain specs above. you can feel the diff between good rogue and bad rogue, but with ret or arms or ww feels like pve champs do their brrr

1. profession changes are bad - only goblins are rewarded, close to impossible to make your own r3-4 leggo for casual, esp small servers suffer.
  2. M+ and raid atm feels unrewarding to do, doing it just to help guildies - end of dungeon/raid rewards must go up or introduce currency with cap.
  3. RBGs may be need HD vanilla sets to spark even more interest, but generally not in the bad spot atm, many teems do them unlike bfa.
1 Like

And they did.
Legiondaries were no longer a thing. This was a single worst feature of Legion.
You could swap weapon again.
You no longer had 4 gear slots because 9 were taken by 2+4 set, 2 leggos, artifact.
No longer half of your class was incorporated into item
Artifact was no longer ridiculously overpowered.
No more AP tokens
Dungeons improved
TF nerfed.

And people complained back then, good job, now you have SL that is U-turn and see how it worked out?

Wrong on nearly every account. Dungeons improved? How? Compared to what?

We still have Legendaries in case you didnā€™t notice, except they are objectively worse than Legion ones in terms of fun and power. Arguably the acquisition is better, but marginally, I vastly prefer the Legion system when we had Wakening Essences.

So what if 9 slots were occupied? They were occupied by BiS pieces you wonā€™t replace until the next patch, or ever, in the case of Artifacts and Legendaries. It beats playing RNG roulette for all 12 slots any day.

2 Likes