This should be punishable

I don’t use it myself

Ignoring is not account wide.

1 Like

Me neither but judging from the posts the person is using an addon like badboy

Tried it in an EP run. Could still be whispered. Deal with it. If it worked for you great. Doesnt work everytime then.

I did read your thread and your delusional requests about that player.

Whisper me. Then i log out. Whisper me again. You get the exact same message. Unless you logged his realm and checked with /who then frankly you have no “proof or basis”

And its common courtesy to not ask the backgrounds if someone says “emergency”.

Neither do i leave. But if i have an emergency then frankly a PuG group holds no value whatsoever. Youre a bloody stranger. Why would give a flying F about you when i have an emergency irl. If i need to poop then you would hold no value either.

Or you acquire common sense. One of the two.

Learn. To. Read.

And how do you want to implement said system? A vote system? You said 10 runs leaving to get punished. So 10 left runs equals 40 pugs F’d. So i would need to get 40 reports from 10 different runs. Ye good luck with 40 people reporting. At best you have 2-3 reporint per run.

You EXPECTING them to tell you the reason they left (they gave that. He said emergency. Learn to read) is nothing but disrespectful. How old are you? Mentaly.

Woopdido a level 10 key. Must have been hard.

Yeah great that it was YOUR time. An emergency still holds more value than your precious time.

And, as stated, if you want no F ups: Then do a bloody guild/friend group.

I never had a leaver. You know why? Because i pick my people very carefully or groups for that matter. Or i go with guildies. I know, sounds like rocket science for you.

Learn. To. Read. Its not hard.

1 Like

Can’t believe i actually went through the hustle of transfering pictures from her pc to mine just to prove this to you, but whatever. You guys have your tinfoil hats really stuck to your heads.

Here is picture from my perspective:

https://imgur.com/8TybV5i

Here is from hers:

https://imgur.com/qEBB1b2

Note time-stamps. Yeah sure, i could’ve faked it, but what would I gain from this?

I can also turn on stream and show you that this is how it works, but since you’ve provided 0 evidence or screenshots to the contrary, i’m not gonna bother.

Nice condescension, great stuff.

Except he didn’t say emergency. He wrote “sry”, put me on ignore, and left.

Maybe you should learn to read?

Can you refer to some confirmation of that? Because I have been wondering for a long time and couldn’t find definitive info. I think at least in the beginning people on a char’s ignore list would not affect your other chars’ ignores, which would make that feature almost useless.
I’d also like to know whether this also affects the blocking of random grouping.

Basically, if I put a player on my ignore list on my main, I expect to not group with any players of that account on any of my alts. Because that usually means the player has been a jerk in LFD and I don’t want to play with them in the future.

Are you seriously jumping at me? Im talking to caustie, not to you. I used your post so i dont have to write and for him to read what you wrote. Take your own advise. Youre on here for long enough, you know precisely how i post.

So you’re saying that my screenshots are bogus, yet you’ve provided 0 evidence to the contrary?

Cross server messages will always be received, except for 2 scenarios:

1. Person has you on ignore.

2. Person is offline.

The error message for both scenarios is one and the same, meaning that you can whisper someone from a different server, in any location at any given time, aslong as you type in their name-server.

Works the same for invites. /Invite name-server will invite said player to your group regardless of location.

Ironically I do need to learn to read.

Apologies.

1 Like

Its how the world runs my friend. Deal with it.

Fair enough. I should have paid more attention. In that case: Deal with it regardless. He said sorry. Already the most you could expect. Then just take it that he owes you no explanation whatsoever. The minimal amount of respect he owes you was saying that he is sorry that he has to leave your group.

I misread once. You did it at least 10 times.

Hes scrubbing off to us i guess

2 Likes

I’m actually still trying to decrypt the original screenshot, because what you provide there is as confusing as that.
The OP screenshot shows a message that no player with that name is currently playing, but I don’t see a whisper attempt triggering that. Why is that? (Your test runs show that a whisper is not removed if it is not received.)

Which is exactly my point. Why show minimal respect and ontop of that put me on ignore?

And how is “sry” showing any sort of respect whatsoever, it’s literally a 3 letter word. Took him 0.5 seconds to type, while pushing a new key takes an hour in some cases.

All i’m asking for is common courtesy, nothing less, nothing more.

I guess to most people, that is lost in gaming community nowadays.

I see that from now on, i should behave like the rest of the community. Leave keys daily, intentionally behave like an aysshole and in general just don’t give a flip about the 4 other bots in my m+ groups.

Good stuff.

Because a message will not go through if that person has you on ignore, at least not when they’re from a different server.

I’ll turn on my stream and provide you with video evidence if you so desire.

Nor if he’s offline.

Which he wasn’t. He was moving around and using dalaran-heartstone. :slight_smile:

Fair enough :stuck_out_tongue:

Not sure whether it violates name-and-shame, but I would say there’s no real shaming potential here. But if you got a video recording, you can just do better screenshots that show the full chat of the relevant time. And you can also mask the name better then.

BTW, as I said, both your example test-run pics show your whisper.

I’m talking about video evidence of how the ignore function works across servers, not the actual dungeon video evidence, as there is none.

I don’t randomly record 10 keys or take screenshots during them.

The only names that would be shown is my own and the level 1 character on my girlfriends account used for testing.

But they don’t. Look at timestamp. First whisper “hello” is before ignore. 2nd whisper is the one that does not go through and provides me with the offline message.

oh yeah, actually just realized there’s a 5 sec difference from her PC to mine, which is weird, but regardless it remains that, that’s the error message you get when whispering someone from a different server whom has you on ignore.

Alright, got it.
So now, what was the line from said player written before the “sry” which obviously was not the only thing they said? The one almost completely cut off by the chat window border.
And how do you know they put you on ignore and didn’t just log off, as would be logical when having to leave in a hurry?