This should be punishable

Good to know. That must have come as part of the fleshing-out of the whole realm mixing code.
The shift-click on name to get the char’s basic stats still seems to not work, though, and claims not-playing if the char is on another realm. That can add to confusion.

Judging from your comments here. You want to know the reason. Expecting it. From within the ingame chat. That alone tells me you dont know how to behave.

So you cant prove it. Thanks.

How many keys i left? None. Why? Because i run with guildies. I ran 2 dungeons. a 14 and a 15. Oh the joy one has if you actually do and run the system the way it was intended to be run. With friends.

Oh and i can tell you how it would be abused. By people that do it for the lulz. Your system would either require people being capable of sending in reports manually (Hey i didnt like this guys performance. Gonna report him. That will teach him hehe) for the automatic system (no company would waste their GMs on such matter) or a window popping up when someone left. So lets kick the guy shortly before last boss death. Window pops. Report. Yay. He doesnt even have to be bad. His group just requires elitists.

Or a window that pops up every time a key is failed? (thats even worse). Hey lemme join this random grp. Open a key. And reset it nonstop hehe.

And there are plenty of trolls that would do it.

Your system is flawed.

You demand other people saying whats up. As a “basic form of respect” or whatever. Yes you do preach it

1 Like

Just weird, cus while doing arenas, a guy i beat cus he disconnected started rage whispering me saying that he’d beat me if he were to face me again, bla. bla. bla. cursing and all sorts of stuff like that.

After meeting him again and beating him, i whispered him asking him if he disconnected again, low and behold i was on ignore.

Just to see how he’d react, i logged on my druid to whisper him asking him why he lost, but was on ignore already.

Somehow he ignored both of my characters, so either he went through the trouble of finding all my characters and individually ignoring me, or he used some sort of addon.

Oof that’s messed up. Well it was supposed to be at one point. Guess they never went through with it?

When I was experimenting trying to duplicate your message I could still message my friend despite him having other chars of mine on ignore as well.

As far as I’m concerned ignore is doing it’s job, I don’t get any messages from him but I do know he still mails other female Belf characters he comes across in game. A male friend of mine sent me a screenshot saying looks like he’d got lucky :laughing:

1 Like

That’s the law of averages at its finest.

If you did those tests without any friend list entries and same-guild, then that would suggest that ignore only ignores chars, not accounts. Which could be seen as even worse than char-bound on source side, because it would encourage stalking, since the stalker only needs to know one char name and can attack from several chars, even newly created ones.

Well if you’re online right now, i can show you.

Or if you want to, you can type /whisper caustie-kazzak and i’ll receive the message.

Jesus, you really don’t read at all. Like i’ve stated before, I don’t want to know the nature of his emergency (if there is one), but common courtesy dictates that you at least give a quick explanation if you have the time. It takes (For most people at least) 1,5 seconds to write “sry emergency” or “sorry gotta go emergency”.

Can’t prove what? I’m so confused at this point.

Obviously you wouldn’t be able to report people whom you’ve kicked??? Like what???.

How exactly would resetting the key work?

You’re also talking as if people intentionally would lock out people from mythic+ by destroying their own keys, etc. Nobody is this malicious.

How can you report someone based on performance? You can’t, because if he doesn’t leave the key, you won’t get the opportunity.

Also certain algorithms could prevent most of the malicious ways that people could abuse this system, it’s all about putting the work into crafting a system that works.

If someone harrasses you on multiple characters you ticket Blizzard and they deal with them :wink:

1 Like

Could the irony be that big? Because this would, shockingly, mean more work for GMs. (But/and also a higher threshold for the decision to go that route - more inconvenient.)

How many times do you think people actually go to these lengths? I’ve only ever had to report one person in 10+ years of playing and only because they circumvented my ignore list.

1 Like

Well, GM’s can just check your chatlogs to verify the problem. Takes them like 15 minutes tops. Problem is that there’s a few million players and a limited number of GM’s.

1 Like

Sorry is sufficent. Period. Common courtesy is not to expect a reason to be stated why someone had to leave.

That he moved around. Im not saying youre lying. Im just saying you dont have prove as of now.

Precisely how i stated it would. If it would be as easy as you make it out to be then blizzard would have implemented it ages ago. Simply because a good system would improve the quality of the content casuals do. And casuals keep the game running. So anything that would benefit them like such a system would they would implement. Frankly its flawed on every edge. Automatic that is.

It would have to be manual. Like you being able to report someone for it. And the GMs having to go through every report manually and sort them out and judge if its a valid report or if there were other reasons. No company has such manpower. And that would still imply the system would be flawless. Even then it isnt. Lets take a GM that had a bad day (there are plenty GMs that dont even know how to do their jobs. Or want to. A reason why i spam tickets when i have an issue, because i know what they can/are allowed to do and what not). Lets take an employee that has a bad day. He checks the reports (even worse when hes also a player that had to deal with a leaver in his past as well). Ban ban ban ban ban (on M+ or Loot). Ofc you could have the bann revoked but that requires at least 1-2 days where youre screwed over. Live chat would not be sufficent enough for it as it would have to go through checking.

Alas the manual system would be superior to the automatic one, but you should get the point.

Hahahahaha. Oh my sweet summer child. Actually i like that mindset. Naive, but i like it.

Read above.

Suggest it via the ingame system. Or apply at blizzard. Their pay is awesome. Frankly the first wont be accepted. Cant judge the second because i dont know your career.

Most people will also stop once they’ve been ignored on a couple of characters.

Guess I just show more common courtesy than you do then. I actually feel responsible when i join somebody else’s key and dedicate myself to it. I’d give a proper apology if I had the time and if i didn’t, I also wouldn’t have the time to /ignore someone, sad to see that others wont. I guess that’s what you get with how the community is evolving.

People see each other as bots more so than human beings, seeing as everyone is replaceable with the simple click of a button in most cases.

Regardless of all of this, nothing good will come of continuous arguing on this thread, so i’ll withdraw. Thank you all for debating. Was fun.

Slightly related, from my own experience: Most people will not stop after two duel requests have been rejected.
Thus, almost everybody who ever requested a duel with me went to my ignore list.
(Although also almost all the duel requests I ever got occured in Goldshire.)

I used to use an addon to block duel requests, the one I used to use is gone but you could try this

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/duelresponse

Can’t you just turn it off in interface?

I am not generally averse to duels, so a block would be over the top. But it is another sad example of the game’s design quality that you can block guild invites, chat channel invites and trade attempts but need an addon to block duel requests.

Who knows, maybe that feature is somewhere with low-prio on the to-do list and will come in a couple years when a trainee has a free minute. :smirk:

P.S.: I have to edit your quotes. Do MVPs have exclusive ability to post external links and pics and such?