This should be punishable

It’s trust level 3. And I guess duel blocking isn’t in the standard interface. I personally just ignore them but I also never get them or just move away from whoever wants to duel me.

The addons usually allow you to challenge if you want to. People just can’t do it to you. I got really fed up with every rogue you ran into while levelling trying to challenge you to a duel and got the addon. I haven’t used it in years.

It’s your choice :slight_smile:

The links and stuff is not an MVP thing, it’s a trust level thing. We can all get to trust level 3 as explained in this FAQ:-

The only thing that is different with MVPs is our font colour.

1 Like

Nah it’s not in the current interface as standard. They do keep adding more things but that’s not one that I can see atm.

Its so much work tho :neutral_face:

I think people are looking at it wrong tbh. It’s not supposed to be a grind. It’s just if you participate regularly then you’ll have a higher trust level than someone who posts like once or twice a month.

It should be something that is gained passively.

1 Like

Exactly and honestly I do not think I would enjoy seeing every person posting gifs. I already find it annoying anyone can post youtube links and it shows the thumbnail.

The current system is good.

1 Like

M+ Needs some form of system in place, whether its a REP one or something else. Something, anything. since Blizzard are not willing to moderate it themselves since its a player made activity, its still Griefing at the end of the day no? if you know you dont have the time, why play?

Mate if you getting ignored when people leave the common denominator in this is YOU. Maybe stop being so toxic, I mean you are making a blooming forum post putting them on blast for apologising and leaving your dungeon? Check your attitude bro, you one entitled dude.

1 Like

Believe Ion mentioned in an interview that they are exploring ideas internally, such as ways to “+1” a player who played well in a run. I imagine that over time, such a system would allow folks to weed out toxic players early from their groups.

Will have to see what they come up with.

1 Like

You called me?

That’s really interesting, do you happen have any link to that, would love to read up. I have literally only seen this response from him so far.

Will there be a way to punish players that abandon keystone runs midway?

It’s hard to punish people in a social situation. It’s easier to punish people via matchmaking and that’s the point of the Deserter Debuff. In Mythic+, there’s a social contract there. However, with an anonymous group, that social contract is probably weaker.

Trying to objectively come up with a solution would be difficult; there are reasons for a keystone to be ended midway such as a group that is in over their heads. There has been an attempt of a commendation system on some websites, and it’s something to explore.

That’s from the Q&A in January (quoted from wowhead)

This is the part which implies it could be some sort of “+1” system. :slight_smile: My interpretation of course.

Ooh I see :+1:

Only issue with a commendation system is that its exploitable, like everything else. Unless its 1 upvote per account, but even then a whole guild can upvote you etc etc. Idk, a system like that doesn’t really do it the justice it needs.

Something as simple as providing a set few of raw stats would potentially be more than enough imo

2 Likes

Coming up with solutions in the area of social management is actually not that difficult. It merely requires someone to take a bit of quiet-time to think it through properly and then some relatively simple logical processes, rulesets, conditions. But Blizzard practices minimum-feasible approach. Implement something crude and only get to improving it if lots of people unsub in rage, sliightly cynically speaking.

Dunno, maybe someone needs a certain social personality in order to be able to construct these systems.

if you see this behaviour as problem, yes. You either accept what it is, or do something about it. Complaining on forums would not change what happened. However YOU can change the future. You can change how things go for yourself, but when you choose not to, then its up to you.

1 Like

You are kinda coming off as the guy that knows it better and does not anything wrong.

Is it really that hard to just leave the ‘sry’-guy? Yeah, it kinda sucks. But if you would be any good, it shouldn’t take that much effort to do another key. I doub’t you will get multiple keys in a row where someone leaves with a sry.

Too bad you are withdrawing when people disagree with you and tell you why. That’s (imo) the same as leaving without saying anything. Quite rude.

1 Like

The reason i left is not due to people not agreeing with me, the reason i left is because we’d been discussing for hours on end without any sort of agreement. Also the conversation turned hostile, which i do not want to take part in.

If a system can be abused in some way then it will be, that’s the issue. Coming up with an unabusable system or one that doesn’t make people behave even worse, that is the tricky thing.

Well, does it even matter!
He left and you continue with your grind. GG!