This should be punishable

well he clearly said something before he said sorry. so there could have been a conversation going on prior to that sorry.

and yes, thats why i said MAYBE, means i was assuming. because your behavior here on the forums speaks volumes and that is the only thing we have to go by as you have insufficient proof to show what was really going on. it wouldnt have killed you to make 1-2 more screenshots would it. thats why i think its very suspicious.

“Secondly, you’re just guessing and you couldn’t be more wrong.”

well, thats what YOU say. and why again should i, or infact anyone here, trust what you say?
you claim im wrong so prove it.

maybe you should come off your high horse, stop judging others by your own standards and exclusively run keys with friends/guilds you know. that would solve 100% of your problems but i can assure you whining on the forum wont get you anywhere.

Ofc. If you have to go, then you have to go. I am NOT expecting anyone to write me an apology letter or be forced to finish the run when your house is on fire or something.

But asking for at least some basic…primitive respect towards the other 4 people who have their time wasted as well…is not asking to move mountains.
Did the leaver’s hands would have fallen off if he just said: “Very sorry guys. Have an emergency and have to go”. Hell. I am not even asking on what is the emergency is about. But its already more than enough said.

Instead of some half-hearthed “srybye” and judging by your responses that I should feel even “honored” that the great leaver even bothered to write that?

Which is my entire point. If I did someone wrong, regardless of it being IRL or ingame, i wouldn’t just ignore that person because I could, i would make it right or at least give an explanation.

Another one of those “it’s just a game” personalities. It doesn’t matter whether it’s a game or not, you’re wasting other peoples time and should hold yourself responsible and act accordingly in a mature way.

Feel free to add me ingame and i’ll give you the ingame name of the warrior in the group. Never played with him before and he will support my claim, i’m assuming so at least.

Secondly, i’m not on a high horse, I just don’t intentionally act out of whack and ignore people before giving them a chance to talk. There is toxic people in the game, I get that, but i’m not one of them.

You can believe whatever you wish, i don’t mind, but saying that he left due to toxicity in the group with 0 base to your claim is just plain wrong.

All i expect from him, is more than a simple “sry gutta go bai” message.

1 Like

maybe dont quote only that sentence but the whole reply. english may be mine 3rd language but it’s preatty clear that mine message was not that.

The fact remains, it ain’t your business.
I’m not telling a group of strangers my life story. Accept “sorry, I need to go” or toughen up.

It’s not your business to know whether s/he’s got an emergency.

Is your arm falling off and is blood gushing out everywhere? No, well - it’s not the end of the world.

well i have your thread here to go by and some of your responses are what i would consider toxic. so there goes that.
furthermore i didnt claim anything, i was merely assuming based on the information i see. so if im wrong, prove it. i dont need phony testimonies i need hard proof.
i never said that he left due to toxicity. i was just ASSUMING THAT HE COULD HAVE.

“Secondly, i’m not on a high horse, I just don’t intentionally act out of whack and ignore people before giving them a chance to talk. There is toxic people in the game, I get that, but i’m not one of them.”

maybe thats his way with dealing with people? who are you to judge him? how do you know that hes always like that and that it wasnt an exception? maybe he had an emergency or any other problems and just doesnt like to talk to people about it or is shy or whatever?
i mean you automatically assuming malicious intend based off of one encounter is just asinine and outright petty in my opinion.

like i said, stop judging others by your own standard and just get on with life.

You haven’t done a single m+ key this entire season, so how can you know the annoyance or hardship of having to push yet another key to 10 in order to complete your weekly? Yes, it’s not the end of the world, but it is an annoyance that could be prevented. Especially if said person is a repeat-leaver.

Did you know that it is actually possible to join keys as a DPS, leave at start of halfway through, hope that they complete it and then you still get loot in your mailbox? There is 0 punishment for leaving, you actually get rewarded for leaving.

The true crime here is that the OP is playing a demon hunter.

I’d say that the person logged off rather than placing you on ignore, iirc they both give back the same message when you try to talk to them in both scenarios.

Why would someone leave and randomly place another player on ignore? Especially if everything was fine until that point.

1 Like

I might be preaching to the choir here, but here goes…have you thought about doing them as a guild?
You have to expect this with a PuG. Sh!t happens, such is life - so get over it.

and I will repeat what I said before. I AM NOT…will repeat once more. NOT EXPECTING an apology letter. I don’t care and I agree with you on this point that its not my business to know your biography and etc.

What I am writing about is showing some basic respect towards other people.
The sentences:
“Some stuff came up. Sorry guys for wasting your time but I have to go”.
“hvtgobye”

Both sentences says absolutely NOTHING about the nature of your reasons and etc. Yet 1 more respectful than the other? Care to guess which?

To not complicate things. Gonna say ahead. The 1st one is more respectful. Those few extra secs(or even just a seccond if you are a fast typer) already shows that you view those 4 other players as humans than bots…

If I have to go, I need to go.
Some people simply need to go and go in a hurry and “sorry, I need to go” has always been my way.

If you get miffed about that, that’s your problem.

1 Like

Give me examples, please

This is not judging others by my own standards, this is asking for common courtesy.

Nothing against that. If for some reason, you got the impression that I was “attacking” that apology then I am sorry, was not my intention.

I was more focused on this:

For wasting 4 people’s time. All they get is a 3 letter “apology”?(and should be even be happy that they got it in the first place by some accounts).

There’s no difference between that and what I say.

They both have the same intentions, if we leave.
It’s a PuG’s life. Perhaps if you don’t want this, you should Guild Run M+ instead.

Of course its a pug life. I had my own share of “lovely pug experiences” and grew a thick skin long while back.

“But if everyone is a thief and a criminal who live on your street does not mean that you should become one too”. I obviously can’t change the negative side of pugging but I can chose not to become part of it and still try to maintain some civility as best as me being a flawed human can.
Edit: Perhaps encourage others to do the same. Like I said. I am no Jesus. But “negativity breads negativity” if I am friendly and polite to some random Joe A, he could “return the favor” and be friendly towards some other random Joe B and the “gift that keeps on giving”.

There seems to be some confusion regarding common decency and pug life.

As if they are mutually exclusive by default and not an act of the participants.

2 Likes

Well quoting the sentence i am referring to is much more efficient than quoting the whole reply and ask you to find what i am referring to.
I know perfectly well that you said it can happen, but that does no change the meaning of the sentence following it, but fine here you go.

What you are saying here literally with no room for misunderstanding is, that you understand that emergencies can happen, but you still think that it is a persons resposibility and therefore to some extent their fault, which is what i am arguing is not the case, unless the emergency happened due to their own neglience, but we already agreed on that part.

This is a funny flex, and it would be somewhat valid if not for the fact that you couldn’t formulate a coherent stance on this issue and kept chaning your wording or going back on the statement i am criticising.
And your message left little room to misinterpretation, i am very much going off the literal meaning of your sentence and maybe the logical extention of it, so maybe you meant something other than you wrote, which you later admitted to, but whatever.

i have to go now, i hope i don’t trigger OP by leaving like that tho.

the irony is strong with the last one but i could go on and on.

so im still waiting for more proof or are you conveniently ignoring this one and try to distract from it?

thats what YOU define as common curtesy, everyone defines it differently, thats why you are judging others by your own standards. he said sorry before he left, take it or leave it but being petty because you didnt get a reason as to why he left or a lenghty apology is just dumb.

as long as you re pugging you will encounter such people and much worse than that one guy. so either run m+ with friends or get used to it.

If you think this is toxic, then what do you call it when people respond to your thread or points without even paying attention to them or reading them?

ontop of that, it is 10 times more toxic leaving random peoples keys and wasting their time, than sarcastically calling people holy gods.

If that is your definition of toxicity, then yes, I am toxic.

My first statement, i stand by it. If these people are okay with people leaving keys and even support them in the act, then yes, they’re the reason the community is failing as a whole.