This should be punishable

Now that is just wrong and not true.

To ignore someone from another server, you have to type in their entire name-server. To ignore me for example, you’d have to type /Ignore Caustie-Kazzak.

I’ve ignored plenty of players from other servers while doing arenas.

Reading is hard. I’ve tried it before (this patch). Didnt work. Im using addons for it now.

Then you should probably go test it :slight_smile:

No. No. No.

How do you tell if he left 3 PuG groups or 3 friend groups, all 3 times because they agreed on Discord to call it quits because the key got messed up? You wanna punish them by effectively having the game go “No, **** you. Stop playing, you losers!”

1 Like

You get the “is now being ignored” message. Doesnt matter. You could still whisper me. The system cant grasp it unless youre from a merged realm like auchindoun-jaedenar.

Vote system. Simple, easy and allows people to pardon emergencies. Furthermore, the system would reset once every 1-2 weeks. Obviously 3 keys wouldnt enable punishment. But 10+ keys a week, is a lot of leaves and a lot of keys ruined.

I’m not sure why you think it was so awful for him to put you on ignore. Most people do not take it well when someone leaves their key. Many are abusive. Ignore means they don’t have to deal with other people being toxic.

It’s none of your business why the person left, they don’t owe you anything. Anyone can leave anytime, you don’t get to hold a key group captive.

You equally have every right to be angry or annoyed about it, but I don’t honestly think your reaction is due to the ignore. You are unhappy because your key was ruined. Whether it’s because he got a better offer, went inside the outside world with friends or had an emergency doesn’t really make any difference.

2 Likes

Since when is bad manners, not respecting other players as human beings and not giving other the courtesy they deserve encouraged?

Since when is leaving other peoples keys and wasting their time encouraged?

Damn… Im flabbergasted that people are actually defending this kind of behaviour.

No one is defending leavers.

Also you dont know what happened. He could have been an butt. Or it was an emergency. He said sorry. Deal with it. If i had an emergency i would say sorry as well but i sure as F wouldnt tell a random nobody what the emergency is about. At max i would tell my guildies. Not you. I have no reason whatsoever to tell it to a lowly random.

Wont happen. Why? Because Blizzard stated it: M+ is not designed for PuGs. If you want to pug it: Deal with the risks.

We are defending him before your flawed judgement because neither you, nor us, knows what happened

M+ Pugging theme song :sweat_smile:

I’ve put my trust in you
Pushed as far as I can go
For all this
There’s only one thing you should know

I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn’t even matter

I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn’t even matter

4 Likes

Here, just tested it for you :slight_smile:

imgur.com/Jid3cbF

Since you’re too lazy and are making claims without any proof or basis, here is a picture of me whispering my girlfriends before and after ignoring me from a different server.

Don’t speak if you know nothing about the topic.

Also why are you even replying to the thread, if you haven’t read it whatsoever.

If he has time to type in /Ignore Itsawipe-kazzak, then he has time to write “Sry emergency” or “Sry baby aggro”. Him putting me on ignore leads me to believe he left cus he just didnt wanna continue.

I also previously stated, that i don’t want to know the nature of his emergency, but knowing why he’s leaving is just common courtesy and is appreciated by the person whoms key you’re doing.

Now idk about you, but i NEVER leave keys until the group is incapable of completing it. It is my responsibility when joining somebody else’s key, to perform as well as i can and completing it.

Sadly it seems to me, that none of you feel the same. I guess i can just start leaving keys seeing as that’s what people do these days.

Hey maybe i’ll even join a few +10’s today and leave right as key starts, since it’s not frowned upon by any of you people.

No you actually defend them. You don’t want a system that punishes repeat leavers. You don’t want them to actually give any basis as to why they leave. No in your opinion, they “owe me nothing”, not even common courtesy or respect. I spend MY time pushing MY key to a 10, and then this person leaves it with 0 regard or concern.

We just don’t want a system of punishment which can be abused by some toxic individuals.
Your topic is that it should be punished ( originally you suggested ban )

4 Likes

How exactly would a system like this be abusable? If a person is leaving ~10 keys a week, that person is not leaving due to IRL aggro or internet issues (If he is leaving due to internet issues, then he shouldn’t be joining keys in the first place). By ban, I kinda meant ban from m+, but sure. Any punishment will do, as people who do this are frowned upon, at least by me.

I guess you guys enjoy when people leave your keys… That’s obviously if you even do mythic+ in the first place. Seems like a lot of people debunking/trying to debunk my thread are people who hasn’t even stepped foot in a m+ all season.

I’m not talking about a system that is abusable. I’m talking about a system that allows you to pardon or report a player who leaves, that players character/account is then marked, enough marks result in a lockout from m+ for x period of time. every 1-2 weeks, system resets. That way, players can pardon people with emergencies and if that player is a repeat offender, eventually he’ll get what’s coming to him.

You would only be able to report said player if he left and honestly, if you are leaving up to 10 keys a week, then you deserve punishment.

Like I said, i haven’t left a key in 3 ½ weeks and that ToS 15 key, i was prepared to finish after reconnecting.

1. Typing an explanation and/or apology doesn’t take 5 secs, it takes more;
  2. Nobody owes you an explanation or a justification for their actions;
  3. The guy had the decency to write sorry before leaving, and if it was really an emergency then that’s more than enough;
  4. They didn’t ignore you, they just went straight offline. The universe doesn’t revolve around you;
  5. Leaving a pre-made group should NOT be punishable. I refuse to be held hostage by a bunch of terrible nobodies that are fixated on completing a key regardless of the time it would take. And since there is no way to distinguish between legit and non-legit leaving a punishment is SUPER BAD!
  6. There’s no need to create a new thread every time someone feels everything revolves them and others are obligated to follow;
2 Likes

No. That would just be obnoxious, especially for clone-knit groups. You want me to write “Wow yeah, I think this guy’s really great cause he’s my friggin’ IRL friend” after every single time we have to leave a dungeon prematurely?

Just build better groups. Accept the risks of PuG’ging or don’t PuG.

Ah, so you’re the sort of person who thinks that we should systematically punish rude, rather than damaging, behaviour?

We’ve had a lot of dark periods in European history because of people who thought like you do.

1 Like
  1. He didn’t say “Sorry”, he said “sry”.
  2. He left MY key, which means he took the responsibillity of doing it when joining, but okay. Maybe i’m the only one that feels this way.
  3. Again, “sry” is hardly an apology.
  4. he was still online and in the dungeon, so yes, he ignored me.
  5. Yes, it should when sample size is big enough.
  6. I’m sickened that people feel like leaving keys is an okay thing to do.

The message you get when someone is ignoring you is:
“[Player name] is ignoring you.”

2 Likes

I literally just proved you wrong a few posts up, how can you argue against this?

https://imgur.com/Jid3cbF

Jesus christ, do you even bother to read? Or are you just a simple troll?

I experimented with my lovely assistant (otherwise known as Lenura) to see how ignoring would go.

If he ignores me on the same realm I get the following message

If he ignores me cross realm I get no message and can’t send any message to him at all.

The message you quote is one I usually get when cross realm messaging has decided it’s no longer going to work, or the person has logged off.

3 Likes