Time to finally ban multiboxing

The easiest way I find to explain botting is that it is fully automated, the player does not even need to be present at their PC. They can bot one character or many characters. Bot programmes just do everything for the player, they move, gather, attack etc. Blizzard is always keen to get reports of botters so they can remove them from the game.

Multiboxing is not botting and some will always seek to muddy the waters because it suits their argument. Multiboxing is a player in control of multiple characters at once, they are inputting commands which are then duplicated onto the other accounts. A player is in control. Boxing is done in various ways but the most popular is to use 3rd party software, the onus is on the boxer to ensure they use software that is permitted. Blizzard do not support multiboxing but it is also not against the rules.

Explaining the rules to someone does not mean that person has stated their opinion on what they personally feel about multiboxing. It seems to be a common theme on the forums for some to rage at someone for simply explaining how blizzard views multiboxing vs botting.

Regardless of whether we agree or disagree with Blizzard, they don’t see any difference between one person controlling multiple characters and a group of friends/coordinated group playing together.

Claiming boxing and botting are the same doesn’t help address the actual issues with multi boxing. Various suggestions have been made to try and break multiboxing so it has a lesser impact on the rest of us players.

3 Likes

The most multiboxers are RMT, mb few % do it for fun or 2-3 accounts to grab gold for long boi - its a max. I don’t understand why this exist, blizzard even know that TOP guilds do RMT raids and do nothing about it.
Also there is a tons boosting communties thats do boost by gold and then this gold will be sold by RM + tones of offers in trade chat to join comercial statics, they even don’t scrupling. What is that? Chinise game service? First time i’m actually mad about state of the game in general. The game became as a job.
Players login to buy a boost. And then blizzard complain about thats players don’t want to communicate. Ofc why u need to communicate when u can buy everything by tokens or RM?

This is false.

Please share your evidence of this.

2 Likes

Nothing I hate more is when people make random things up because they don’t like stuff… Even when I agree with them. How would a random Wow player know such a claim without any proof or numbers? Even the claim that most multiboxers pay using gold.

I understand someone not liking the pvp aspect of multiboxing or the herbing druids, tottaly makes sense, They have a right to say they dislike it but the amount of false information getting thrown around is unbelieveable.

Don’t get me started on the claim that botting and multiboxing is the same, Even though one requires you to press things on your keyboard and the other means you can press nothing and have the game play for you. If you deny there is a difference in this you’re just lying to yourself and being biased because you don’t like multiboxing.

Your complaints get took more serious when you don’t spam the forums and make false claims.

Another issue is people complaining for the sake of complaining:

For example this, Just like 50 alts of yours get the mount too?

4 Likes

Yes it’s annoying.

As a boxer those things annoy me too, no one should be able to empty nodes or cause mayhem in pvp.

It matters not how many times we explain it, some just refuse to accept it.

2 Likes

Totally agree , multi boxes should get perma ban

1 Like

I am a boxer and 5 is all you could possibly need.

Any more is just to cause hassle with people in pvp, or to be able to empty nodes.

Also 2x4 farming, but I’d rather group up with another 4 players or another 4 boxing.

1 Like

Imagine such a depressing situation, that you literally like to pay almost 60 euro’s of sub time.

I get free gametime from recruit a friend, plus I can actually make decent gold now so will buy my copies of Shadowlands with it.

It’s called a hobby. Some people go out and drink, smoke visit the cinema… I choose this.

I raf’d myself

Thank goodness it’s not you that gets to decide what I do as a grown up that follows the rules :stuck_out_tongue:

I can say the exact same thing to you to.

Hi
Fully automated multi boxers , one account earn in couple of h gold to buy 1 token .Then they do not buy sub for real cash most of them are gold sellers anyway. I will not link name and shame but Google any popular grind spot 2x4 and you will find there multi boxers bot

I’ve already seen them in retail wow, several times. Dw.

I imagine the types of multiboxers we see stripping Najzatar of all it’s herbs pay for their subs with gold :moneybag:

True story and depressing imo.

I think it’s unrealistic that Blizzard will ban multiboxing after having allowed it for all these years. I would like to see them do something to stop the disruption caused by some multiboxers. Break multi box gathering in some way and stop them being able to enter a battleground with a ridiculous number of characters.

2 Likes

There is a way. Nerf gold inflation substancially.

If you nerf alot the supply and demand, the multiboxers will see it won’t be profitable to overblow out of proper as much anymore on the long term.

Not any more.

It’s all about the 2x4 farming now. Herbs are so cheap it’s easier to farm, vendor then sell the mounts and cloth drops.

We are waiting for SL, I don’t imagine they are doing much of anything atm.

I could record a vid in game right now of two sets of multiboxing bots with 8 characters each.

They are easy to spot with no achievement points, some have no guild and mix characters from different realms to avoid all of them being reported.

I reported them and they are still there.