Timewalking Raids - a good idea that is wasted

Why isn’t this content available as LFR to queue up just as MC40, or the timewalking anniversary raids(TBC/WOTLK/CATA) were when the anniversary event was running? The tech is there. The people are there. blizard where are you?
As alliance, been looking for a ‘‘raid’’ all day. NOT a single 1!!

3 Likes

First time i ever agree with you but TW raids should be in LFR just like the Anniversary events .
Aslong as they drop 430 like current LFR and not higher as they do atm.
I doubt you been looking all day as ive seen groups tonight on alliance.

2 Likes

Next time no panic attacks anymore, we are benching those and taking you

1 Like

Would be great and I would hope for a Heroic version also, normal timewalking content is so easy it’s dull at times.

Wish it was not such a common practice to give us things like this(we have holiday events for that!), certain brawls and Korraks, only to remove a bit later.
Would have thought it to be good for the game and retain player interest too, maybe it’s too rewarding or something but I believe with tweaks these things could easily have a permanent fixture in game.

Because LFR tool didn’t exist back in TBC, only LFG :wink:

Timewalking raids are a terrible idea.

When they did Molten core or whatever it was as an anniversary event it was hell on earth because it relied on people chain decursing or whatever drivel they found interesting back in 1917.

As usual Blizz put a highly desired reward in to bribe people to do subpar content.

2 Likes

The tech is there but the players are …

I’m your everyday LFR hero vanquishing evil by the might of my foam sword and yet in all the TW raids I joined in BFA I was one of the best dps … And none of these groups managed to reach the last boss before disbanding. Once a boss managed to kill us a few times they usually just gave up and we’re left with a crippled team…

It says a lot imo about the quality of the players you get from the lfg tool, let alone a lfr queue, when one of your MVPs is a player who spent more time skinning mobs for gold than taking part into group content.

that group wiped on 1st boss and quit.

Eh? I did the event on a dozen characters and I don’t remember any boss wiping the raid. I even did it on my at-the-time main, an undead mage, and decursing wasn’t a problem. Yeah it wasn’t particularily fun, but “hell on earth” it was not. I don’t even use mods and managed to keep up just fine.

Granted I didn’t do the raid as a healer or tank, so maybe that was a way different story, but I don’t remember any of them complaining. And complaining, as I’m sure you know, is something MMORPG players are really good at.

Perfectly valid opinions. Personally I don’t think timewalking itself is bad by default, but there’s definitely some content there I’m in no rush to do.

[quote=“Drae-hellscream, post:9, topic:128963, full:true”]

Meh, I did it when someone overpulled the trash and it never reset properly. Then people kept releasing and kiting it back to the spawn point until people quit out of frustration or something like that. Whatever it was, it was awful.

I also don’t see the point of bosses that are just target dummies but don’t want the frustration of wiping to “easy” stuff so its not something I’ll ever take a shine to.

Huh. Either I was incredibly lucky with my raids, or you were incredibly unlucky with yours. MC went smooth if slow. The recent anniversary “raids” had a lot more frustration and failed attempts, which is odd when they were basically free kills…

MC was fine. every wipe gave you buff. so next time less chance for wipe.
current timewalking events are for a week. give them to LFR. its dead content but good content

Yea that helped a lot when a small subset of people ensured that ressers chain wiped at the entrance…

MC event ended. again talking off-topic.

Current timewalking is BLACK TEMPLE. It’s not in LFR queue, There is no way to do this raid for fun/gear/story/quest.

How is it off topic? I’m talking about time walking. And how I think it sucks…

Feel free to disagree, but off topic? No.

I finally found a group today. We took the first 2 bosses without too much trouble. At the third boss, ppl talked to akama 3 times in a row before clearing the room, although the chat was spammimg “dont talk go akama”.
After the third brainless wipe, everybody left.

1 Like

If this happened in lfr. Some would leave, others would join, raid would continue. 100% you would clear illidal for the quest.

Bleugh. Only saw a few BT raids myself today but admittedly I gave up fairly quickly too. Waiting for timeout from lack of response is more annoying than waiting for a LFR to pop. Last chance tomorrow, and oh how I’m looking forward to it…

you wont get to do it unless youre in an organized raid environment. or if blizzards puts it in LFR queue.

i generally think that casual audience dont have enough queueable group content - so i welcome more LFR timewalking or more new warfronts