Titanforging[Carryover from US forums]

I don’t understand why people cant understand that RNG items, even when you get it only 1 time, is bad for the game.

You now say TF is bad because it happens, it should happen less often?? The less we get the better it is. That ends with removing it :+1:

Should the game cap players to get 1 TF per season or something? You know people will not get items like that on a fair rate. That is not how RNG works when you look at it per player.

1 Like

It’s not. That’s your opinion.

I’m not saying that AT ALL. You either just skimmed over my post(s) or you don’t understand them.

And that sucks for you, but why should the rest of us be the victim of YOUR bad personality trait?

I like, remember and care about gear that I got with a lucky RNG proc.
There’s that mindset again. A proc is also EARNED. Just in a way you have no control over. I’m fine with that (Does that mean I’d want that in every system for everything? No, of course not).

Look, if Blizzard would create a replacement system for TF, by for instance a system where you upgrade items instead of RNG procs doing it for you, sure, fine. But as long as there isn’t such a system TF has a place in the game for all the people that DO like it. And you not liking it is not a good enough reason to take it away from all those people. It’s just not.

Because it is not a bad personality trait. When upgrades are handed over everywhere and ilvl is damn important in instanced content, a baseline item is just a terrible version of the item. IT IS.

1 Like

I disagree.

Indeed. Because your content does not value ilvl in any way.

2 Likes

I mean we could turn it around and say it’s a bad personality trait of people not doing hard content to want high level gear.

But I think it’s a pretty poor way of presenting an argument for or against.

It does not feel rewarding to get a baseline item, that has nothing to do with it being personality trait. It’s because of TF/WF. Remove it and that feeling is gone.

5 Likes

The level of increase is the problem.
A bonus increase of +10 is very nice tyvm and might also help slow down the ridiculous gear level inflation.

3 Likes

No that’s just sensible.

I think it’s a poor way of presenting an argument against TF when all you say is ‘I don’t feel rewarded’. That’s not a good reason.
I feel hungry. The game doesn’t solve this problem. Hence the game is bad. What? :crazy_face:

Removing it without providing an alternative system will upset way too many people for Blizzard to even think about that. So no. It’s not a good solution. Not just so ‘you can feel better’.

1 Like

Or even easier, an affinity for gambling isn’t exactly recognized as a positive personality trait.

1 Like

+10 is not enough.

The ridiculous gear inflation is because of stuff you get in warfronts and such.
Not TF. Not even close.

I disagree.

Fine. Won’t help your case though. :kissing_smiling_eyes:

Let’s flip the wording. Instead of a 10% chance to get a forge, there is a 90% chance to get a ‘poor quality’ item because it was ‘damaged during combat’.

Is it still a good system? Obviously it will disappoint more often than it will satisfy.

All forging does is move the baseline gear expectations up, while driving down the chances that you’ll actually get the item. It’s just a trap to make you run the same content 10x more than if ‘drops were drops’.

(You can flip WM bonus the same way. If you turn it off, you are penalised by 10-30%. Which is why I argue that there should be no bonus whatsoever.)

370 gear being able to ‘ding’ right up to 425? is stupid.
Maybe +10 isn’t enough i’m just using it as an example but what about +15 or +20?
A 370 piece dinging up to 390 = a full 5% bonus upgrade. That IS plenty indeed.

And if you read my post again before you start headbutting my kneecaps you will see that i believe this could ‘help slow down’ the gear inflation.
The warfront 400 gear being limited to a max ‘ding’ of +10 would also help ‘slow down’ the gear inflation not solve it completely.
Angry honey badger.

To me it does not seem sensible at all. You don’t need high level gear if you’re not doing high level content.

And some of us find your view crazy but I don’t think dismissing how something feels to a huge proportion of the raiding playerbase is a way to argue for TF/WF. We used to have set rewards, now the waters have been muddied.

It didn’t exist until Legion. There was no need for it before and there is no need for it now. And even more so now that gear rains down on all players from multiple sources of easy game play.

A system based on a negative reinforcement is nonsense.

TF is based on POSITIVE reinforcement. The fact YOU make it into a negative doesn’t mean the system is bad. It means your mindset is bad.

I hate the Russian Roulette effect with loot :frowning:

I much prefer the static rewards system.

1 Like

Do you know the probability of that happening? It’s so so so so low.

Imo 20 would be okay yes.

Agreed.

I’d say it’s neither positive nor negative; there are simply good versions of the gear, and bad versions of the gear.

But who wants the bad version when there is a good version?

There just isn’t a way of implementing this without creating annoyance and jealousy within the playerbase. Same effort, same reward; basic fairness is pretty fundamental to gaming.

(Isn’t there an experiment with chimps where they both have to do a task together, and one gets an apricot and the other gets a peanut? After a while, peanut chimp stops playing.)

3 Likes