To those of you complaining about tanks

I was putting together a group for strath undead and as pretty much everybody knows any class that can heal is here to get stuff for healing for raids. So after some searching for a tank I decided I would tank and offer to healers that I would tank on the condition that I would also get to roll for the healing gear I need because after all that’s why I’m there.

Got six healers who immediately offered to help when I said looking for healer. The moment they heard the condition all declined.

So if you’re complaining about a tank just know you chose to wait hours to find one because you simply were too greedy to share. In the time you spent looking for a tank you probably would have ran the dungeon enough times to get items.

So to the healers out there who don’t want competition you bring this problem on yourself.

13 Likes

you don’t have to tell them that you are rolling on healer gear really. tanks can roll on anything they want.

4 Likes

To me it wouldn’t be ethical.

30 Likes

well then you are lost.

2 Likes

Spoken like a true rogue!

19 Likes

That’s kinda messed up. What do they expect you to do, only roll on tanking gear so that you can keep tanking 5-mans forever?

I hope the tank shortage remains for when I reach 60, hoping to be able to roll on all kinds of stuff that I need for the hybrid sets.

2 Likes

Damn entitled healers, they think they are in demand, when there is actually an abundance of healers. Rolling against one other player is nothing, try playing a rogue.

5 Likes

This is exactly what they expect me to do I actually did roll on a piece once and the healer flipped out when they lost it. I was told that I can only roll on tank gear while I’m tanking and not on my “off spec” (yes my main raiding spec was referred to as my off spec). This was also at a time when I had more points in holy than prot they’re just being selfish.

If i see an item that is an upgrade for any of my specs, I roll.

No need to tell them anything beforehand.

4 Likes

Then again I will never run with a pala tank.

I’ve had rogues roll on cloth items because it had int and they want to level their weapon skills haha.

2 Likes

Yea, Muh lootz!

1 Like

Hey, I am perfectly fine with a Tank Paladin rolling on stuff as well, if it meant having a Tank at all.

I actually rerolled on Horde with a Druid just to get in to Tanking because the shortage just got to the point of stupid…

1 Like

This is why I don’t roll with tank druids on horde side, they always roll on healer gear/damage and tank gear lmao. Imagine your tank wins one of your pre bis/bis healing items, would be very annoying.

Or maybe they had a tank like you before who got what they wanted and then quit tanking runs for them to get their gear. Hence why they don’t want to share now.

One other player? You do realise cloth gear (which is primarily what healing gear is) can be rolled on by everyone? So that’s pallys, druids and priest healers then you can throw in mages, locks and spriests who could all potentially roll on healing gear if its got better stats than they already have.

Add into that

Being a rogue isn’t quite so bad really, is it?

Why exactly would the healer go into a dungeon, if they have to roll against them though?

It’s like playing a paladin and rolling on tanking gear against the tank.

So I should just tank for no chance at raid gear whatsoever because you don’t want to share? I’m sorry I’m doing the most difficult job and most costly one there’s no way I’m doing that for nothing.

Mages don’t roll on any of your BiS there, warlocks don’t roll on your BiS there, shadow priests aren’t even going to get invited for strath as a dps because both warlocks and mages want to go and I’m not picking a shadow priest over them because of the amount of packs of enemies in strath undead. The only one that’s a maybe is druids and yet again they’re going to have a hard time getting in as dps that’s for damn sure so they’re either your tank or the healer which leads us back to the fact that you have about a 50% chance maybe 100% if the bear is going to be an off tank in raids.

1 Like

Pay your tanks to tank for you or make compromises. OR wait another 60+mins

1 Like

pretty sure that druid tank will play as a healer in raids

4 Likes

I pass dps gear when tanking, only take OS when there’s no needers.
Passed on HoJ for a rogue, because well, he has a better use for it than i do.

2 Likes