To those of you complaining about tanks

To people complaining about tanks taking healing/DPS stuff - you do realize that, if only full-time tanks tanked your dungeons, there would never be enough tanks for every group? Because even 40m raids only need about 3 tank-specced characters.

Those other tanks joining your group? They are fury warriors, resto druids or even holydins who’re trying to get the gear they need for raids without having to wait ages for a group.

Your choice is either to join them, or keep waiting until (if) a tank-specced character comes by. One which, btw, doesn’t actually want to run that dungeon for OS gear.

Ultimately, the only reasonable request other party members can do is to ask the tank from the getgo about what he intends to need from the instance. But it’s ridiculous to expect every tank (or heck, even every healer) to only need items for their current spec.

3 Likes

I dont know man, for me its obvious that a warrior tank will roll for dps/tank items, a pala tank will roll for heal/dps/tank. I mean if someone sacrifice their joy for the group and will tank a dungeon which is probably the worst or just the most unenjoyable role in the game then thats the bare minimum to let them roll for the items they want.

3 Likes

A class that makes entire groups of mobs stick to them like glue provided they get more than 3 seconds threat, which gains threat from Holy damage and has a mass Holy nuke against undead on cooldown, is perfect for tanking an instance full of undead.

Pretty embarrassing for you tbh.

9 Likes

So tanks can’t ask for tips, can’t ask for “off-spec” rolls and they are entitled if they quit a party which doesn’t agree with them on how packs should be pulled.

Yeah, at this point, with no positive move to make, it doesn’t really matter what you really do, does it? If you’re going to be hated for every possible decision, why not make the ones which suit you the most?

6 Likes

Then join the group as healer to farm healing gear, simple. The fake tanks joining as tank to get a quicker que to farm their real sets dps/healing are trying to have their cake and eat it too.

As a healer I never need on dps gear unless none of the dps need it, by doing it that way I have managed to obtain an off set if I ever want to respec. Tanks can do the same.

3 Likes

Because there’s a lot of healers, but barely any tanks. Its not reasonable for a healer to need on offspec gear when finding healers is easy.

As a tank, I will just not join your groups with this attitude, and you can spend another 20 min finding a tank.

Hillarious how this forum whines about the lack of tanks while making absolutely no effort to accomodate the few there is.

I just stopped tanking pugs completely at this point. Its a complete waste of time. You just get yelled at constantly, have DPS overaggro, people ignore marks, and on top I am not even allowed to need on my offspec gear.

Ill just tank exclusively for my guild by now, and Ill get my gold elsewhere.

8 Likes

They are not fake tanks, they are doing the role of a tank. What they are looking for in a dungeon is a completely different matter.

1 Like

If they mention that they want the loot before hand and that they need the holy items, before the dungeon… then maybe.

I don’t expect to roll against a tank for healing gear, if they don’t mention it though.

Yea great, to bad the ru ntakes 2x as much time for the paladin will be drinking more than a mage.

Sadly people goes to those dungeons to get geared up, and nice thing for healers is that there shouldnt really be competition for healing gear.

Cant blame them for declining for the competition.

3 Likes

LMAO your char’s mask

Same should then apply to healers rolling on dps/caster gear, right?

Everything can be rolled on by everyone.

1 Like

Yeah you are just reading that off forums mate. Pally tanks are not really suited for long duration single target boss fights but they work perfectly fine for AoE tanking fights. Especially in five man content.

You would have to be really dumb to refuse a pally tank in an undead instance just because you are trying to min max while there are no tanks around. You want efficiency? Take the tank you have now and go do your dungeon.

8 Likes

Never said you had to do it for ‘nothing’ just gave a reason why they might not want to share, no need to sound so entitled. Just because you might be honourable doesn’t mean everyone else is.

Read some of the threads on these forum where people have been complaining other people have rolled on ‘their’ gear. You even cut out the quote from someone in this very thread saying about rogues rolling on Int gear!

If it’s an upgrade, or perceived to be an upgrade, people are going to roll on it regardless of whether you, I or anyone else think they should.

As for who you pick in your groups that’s your decision, but don’t try and pretend other classes do not roll on gear that perhaps they shouldn’t.

1 Like

Warriors do that to you know? They steal caster weapons.

Up front honesty, that’s an upvote from me.

The funny part is… There isn’t any tanking gear in Stratholme. The shield from Ramstein is inferior to the UBRS shield. The Ramstein ring is inferior to the Blackrock Ring and the Myrmidon’s Signet. The Gaygoyle cloak is a rare spawn and isn’t worth farming.

The only good tanking item is the Bone Slicing Hatchet, which is unusable by paladins and only good for Orcs.

1 Like

First hand experience, mate. Paladin tanks are not bad for the pull they do, they are bad because your run wil take 2x as long and it gets boring fast.

As long as you are upfront about it, I’m absolutely fine. I flipped once on a paladin that rolled on healing cloth, because nobody told me that I would be competing with him when I asked.
He is fully in his power to do so, but you should discuss it beforehand.

1 Like

Did you tell them that you were going to need on healing gear though?

I would be annoyed if I was trying to gear up another healer and all I got was tanks taking all the healing loot without mentioning it first.

You get all excited thinking “WOO it finally dropped” only to lose it to the tank.

2 Likes