To those of you complaining about tanks

Just roll on it, if they get mad, ignore it. They should expect you will roll on your main raid spec which for paladin is holy and can instead just wait another hour for a warrior tank if they think that’s more efficient.

There is already a lot of healers (almost the same as dps) but shortage of tanks.

…and dw BSH is also close to hunter pre-raid BiS.

On topic: If tank or healer (or dps, for that matter) are joining in as something other than their main role, and are upfront about wanting to roll on gear for their main role, I don’t see the problem. Anyone they’ll be rolling against can simply decide if it’s worth joining/inviting them to the group or not.

2 Likes

i think you should pay your healers when they have to so a dungeon with a protpaly

Lul had only one decline from some noob whos been wiping in strat ud at rivendare. You want sp simply cuz he makes your healer easy game and never wipe. He doesnt do low dps unless spirit geared and pvp talents. Its not meme spec like ret is

Had a druid healer need roll on HoJ because “feral”. I don’t mind them rolling but at least say you are rolling for an item. Not everything is what you think is common sense or common knowledge.

1 Like

Only problem that u have dps specs only while paladins have 3 dif role.

Well yes, but for people to make their way into raids (aka not just get gear to be stuck in 5 mans forever, as I also wrote), then the tank ratio is about 1:20 while the DPS and healer ratio is about 1:2 and 1:3.

So it’s always a judgment call as well.

Should always let someone know what you plan on rolling on. Then they can decide if they want to stick around or not.

I usually jus avoid druids/pallies/s priests in group and i never really roll on d&h/crit/hit gear unless noone else needs it.

Took me 40 runs to get the trinket off golem lord and imagine after all that some paladin tank needing with a feral druid… no ty.

2 Likes

Yes I mentioned it and all 6 healers declined because they wouldn’t go from 100% chance to 50% chance at getting it.

Yea well, but its its on people not on class… I have no problem at all to take warrior/druid as tank ans let them take tank gear and chance at roll on dps gear of thsts what they want (or heal when it comes to rsruids) but 99% wana just play and gear as dps

Yeah, that’s why.

I wouldn’t do it as well.

As healer I would totally be fine with that, specifically because you honestly mention it up front. It used to be normal that a dps would take another role to get the group going but still needed on whatever he/she was there for.

I mean, if you run 3 dungeons with 3 tanks needing on healing gear as well you’ll still win more than not running those dungeons. And those “tanks” might run more runs with you in the future.

2 Likes

Oh christ are the warriors taking over our role now too?

I’dd rather level a tank from scratch than group up with you. You’re no different than all the other douchebag tanks that state they’ll only join the group if all gear they want is reserved for them.
And don’t worry, people manage just fine without having to resort to the likes of you.

1 Like

Apparently not judging from the demand lol. If you aren’t willing to share you can continue looking for a tank.

3 Likes

What you want is not sharing, what you want is to be superior to other people.
“Everyone MS>OS! Except myself of course.”

1 Like

Hello! I have a similar experience regularly leveling up as a Druid. Druids level up as feral 90% of the time. I join a group as a tank or dps. I get asked to heal as they wanted to get started. So I put on my extra healing gear to do it. Then when items that would be good for feral (my main spec) drop and I roll need, they all whine saying seriously healer?! Can’t win sometimes lol

2 Likes

it kinda sucks for healers. since they are the most redundant role in classic wow.
all groups are either looking for tank or dps.
seeing a “LF healer for X dungeon” is more rare than seeing a world drop boe epic item.

1 Like

Lol do you actually think the healing spec for paladins is off spec? No paladins tanking for tank gear that isn’t going to get them into raids.

At 60, paladins don’t have a main or off spec. Their only spec is holy. Anything else and you’re stuck in 5 mans forever.

2 Likes