Today I will remind you

I asked you to quote where I said I wanted the likes of you to be nice to me, you failed to do so, don’t go celebrating victory until you actually win.

I quoted that you weren’t being nice, not that I cared if you were being nice or not, I remembre that argumente, don’t need to read it again.

I usually react in the most IC way possible to those actions. Ride a mammoth and keep following me, my character will react to it. If I, however, realise they do this to grief and troll, then I’ll have to take action OOC-ly. Honestly, imo that’s the healthiest approach to deal with griefers.

It can happen anywhere, even in usually highly RP-populated areas like the Valley of Honor/Spirits/etc. or the Mage District/Dwarven District/etc.

Trollers and griefers quickly lose interest if they get ignored.

There’s still a couple of usually empty shops and huts in those “OOC” areas (Valley of Strength/Trade District). Like the Blacksmith shops, etc. People can’t mount there + aren’t really in there either. Who says you can’t establish your shop there?

If someone continuously disrupts your roleplay, you have to report them. Provide screenshots as well.

So, ideally, how would you handle this problem?

You can’t really control who AFKs there or doesn’t. That would only lead to someone needing to “claim” said area which obviously doesn’t work in an open game like WoW.

Capital cities are busy places to RP in. Griefers and trollers are commonly found there as well.

But not all of the AFKers are griefers and trollers there.

Send them to Darnassus and Undercity.
Or Ashran hubs.

1 Like

This holds no water since it is obvious person in question is just a random who I have never seen online or had any interactions with. Random being in the guild =/= having any importance when it comes your wild accusations with zero ground of course.

I have already proven it. If you tell me “being rude is bad, you are being rude, don’t be rude”, the implication is that you want others to not behave in that way.

What I said is that I would find the quote in which you asked me not to act like that, and there: I gave it. I never said I would find a quote in which you say all people should be nice and friendly.

edit.

“I blame people for stuff I don’t care about” 10/10 weakest attempt ever

basic level moderation

Alas, I’m not blizzard.

Being a problem on accident or out of neglect doesn’t exempt one from being a problem.

1 Like

If only this part worked as advertised

t. fruitcel

2 Likes

All you can do is use the tools you have and hope Blizzard can do better, true.

Thing is, some people here don’t acknowledge OOCers are a problem to begin with, that’s the point.

1 Like

Everyone who disagrees with me here is brainwashed is a very child-like dismissal of peoples points.

Yeah nice strawman Perroy.
Save yourself the effort next time.

REALLY REALLY REALLY EASY!

Ignore function ingame is accountwide AND it vanishes the person for you.

This is why he can’t convince me he’s not a troll.

Keeps going back to “le hivemind” meme.

I don’t see how this proves that I care. So again, you haven’t proven anything.

Are you even Reading now? Or just grabbing straws hoping to win?

Again, I don’t care if you are being nice or not like you seem to care, again, I care not if a apologist for trolling is the nicest person here, that won’t escuse their lack of sympathy for the community that are suffering from the same trolls they are vouching for.

Fruitcel hands typed this post

This would be sick. IDK why they haven’t done this - isn’t it standard in most MMOs now?

3 Likes

Would be amazing! Also need the ignore list to be longer.

It’s temporary? but why

This for sure, it would solve so many problems.

Imagine of there was a system called Warmode where this won’t work so you don’t just ignore the guy from the other faction that kills you to make him vanish? :thinking:

All I am saying is that the community’s memes and trashtalk play a part in this new trend. Mine was an hyperbole, but there might be a lot of truth behind it.

Just look at the way some people treated those who expressed dissent on this topic: it’s all about “you’re bad”, “you do not represent us”, “you’re a failure” etc etc. It’s more than disagreeing. It’s all about signaling how these guys aren’t part of your pack.

“the implication is that you don’t want others to behave like trolls” = that bit means you care about what I write. But this dozen of replies will do too.

call the firefighters because this guy is on a hot streak!

1 Like