Today I will remind you

Yeah but that isn’t even briefly true. People can decide to post / encourage whatever they want within the rules of the ToS. Unless you’re claiming OOC players are a protected minority it is basically 100% for every player to decide

In practise because they’re normally standing on top of you with a mount / usingttoys and are in a guild with an overtly OOC name

They’re also not forced to adopt some pro-OOC player opinion. You’re not really making any point here - yes, Blizzard as an entity won’t ban every OOCer; they don’t even ban the kind of stuff in Goldshire because ultimately 9.99 /month is a bigger prize

That doesn’t mean that for example Karyïn (the player, not affiliated with Blizzard) isn’t allowed to hold a different stance to that. They’re not being paid a wage and don’t have to follow company policy

Using “Blizzard won’t ban that” as the keystone of your point is really a wild one. There are plenty of things Blizzard hasn’t banned recently that I think left the majority of the realm pretty petrurbed - does that mean everyone should now be in favour of those groups? I don’t think so

Yeah and you’re agitating for it to become even less so (despite having said that “it would be nice from an RP perspective” or w/e earlier. Does that mean you’re not posting from an RP perspective right now?

Pretty weird

Everyone likes a Promethean struggle

It may as well be

1 Like

Again, this is a griefer and a griefing action. Griefers are against the rules of a RP server and need to be reported. Not all OOCers are griefers. Not all RPers are saints. Like Tehya said, both sides can be at fault here for griefing RP.

This is not a compelling argument to tell people to get off a realm, be it a RP server or not. Because it usually ends in bullying. Report said disruption and move on.

The entire post just looks familiar.

This part especially. I feel like I saw a post concluded with these exact words in one of the OOCer debates.

Well, it is very self-centered, and likely is not in their interest to be like that (bad pr etc etc).

I think you’re increasing griefing if anything.

Except any reason they have to be on AD, their sense of agency (which you guys are pressuring), 25 bucks, and their own groups of friends.

I could say the same about RPers: “they could all move to a dead server and RP where there are no OOC players”. It’s no big deal no?

1 Like

This is my first time joining a debate like this. But can be that someone else shares the same opinion, not sure.

1 Like

It’s self centered for RPers to want RP realms to be about… RP?

3 Likes

It can be, depending on the situation, yes.

Care to expand on that. And do it using plain English.

Yet saying “let’s get rid of all RPers” will rid this server of all RP while saying the opposite will rid us of very very little

Sure, there are plenty of roleplayers who are also involved in griefing etc but at least they’ve pressed the right server on the realmlist - and I’m sure you can dislike both parties at once

Think it’s pretty compelling instead and it’s pretty disingenuous to claim that saying “you should be interested in roleplay if you play on the roleplay realm” is bullying. Makes me think you have run out of arguments to post

It’s a by-the-numbers rewrite of every other radical centrist post ever

I don’t think he will care to do the latter at least

3 Likes

Pretty much this. :ok_hand:

1 Like

If you believe that their mere existence forces you to take action, that they are always harmful to the server on the basis that seeing a guy on a mammoth in the auction house ruins your immersion - when many full-time OOC players aren’t causing any harm - then you’re demanding a lot from these players: they must abandon their home so that people don’t complain anymore about “muh immersion” … and so on.

1 Like

No. They must abandon RPer’s home.

Asking squatters to move out of places they should not be is perfectly reasonable. Even if they have claimed a spot that is not by rights their’s to claim in the first place.
They should relocate to some where that properly accommodates their needs, without causing issues with the populace that belongs.

1 Like

mate they’re basically squatters lmao what’re you even on

You don’t have ownership of the server. Nothing says RP servers are only for role-players.

That’s not what I mean with the bullying approach. I mean people telling other people they should go off the realm leads to bullying.

Just the name.

3 Likes

Squatters have rights.

1 Like

Yeah but everyone who does grief should be instantly :poop:canned and the non RPers that don’t grief are a sacrifice to that end that i wouldn’t mourn for even a second.

Non RPers add nothing, even if there were only 5 griefers I’d still happily see them gone if it meant all the griefers from that demographic went with them.

You sound like blizz’s indian ticket bots

But does it?

1 Like

(responding to the bit you edited out):Players used to use the Trade District to RP pre-cataclysm. The Stormwind City Watch used to be based there, in fact

“Muh immersion” - you might be surprised to hear - is actually pretty valued on a roleplaying server

Again, if Blizzard had a stronger stance and came down on the griefers et al, I would bet very good money that you would see very few complaints about OOC players - because the OOCers wouldn’t be in a position to disrupt the server’s main focus to the extent they have now

Right now reporting someone griefing RP - even when you can get a hundred people to drop a ticket - takes days if not weeks for a three hour ban or a mute of a day or two. Dread to think how it is for solo players who probably just have to sit under the mammoths until they get bored

I hope we get a 65 day period where we can object, then

4 Likes