Too many blank silences

Oh and I forgot double instant polymorph with alter time and presence of mind. Oh and slow from more than 50 yards that would reduce attack and cast speed.

No they didn’t. That’s what you fail to UNDERSTAND. Fmages didn’t constantly root as much as they do now. I should know, I played a Fmage years ago. Not sure what you’re getting your info from, but it’s quite wrong.

Next thing you’re gonna tell me Mages had more blinks back then lmao.

Yeah yeah, a fmage defender, classic.

For sure! Back in the day, you could chain your nova so fast you’d end up immune before you knew it! :smiley: Now, it’s like people are holding onto it like it’s a rare artifact—they nova you once, and you’re stuck there forever because they’ve finally learned some restraint.

Arcane, mate. Arcane. (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・゚✧ ✧・゚: UnLiMiTeDPoWeR:・゚✧ ✧゚・

You played years ago yet you didn’t know Pummel could blanket, or that there were more silences than now, and so on and so forth.

Your experience doesn’t seem like a good template to build upon.

It is a fact that Frost had access to impact at one point, had a blanket silence, had Deep Freeze, and had multiple roots. They lost most of that and simply got … some root procs on top of their on use roots.

That’s way less CC. You just have to count, that is something you should learn before the age of 5. And then compare both numbers.

ring was also invisible to the opponent if you used it out of mage invis with presence of mind if im not wrong.

according to check pvp, u play arena since Bfa Season 2, How do you know how it was before Bfa?

players who played before bfa, and at a higher rating than you, tell you how it was, and you deny it, how can you have such an ego

Definition. The Dunning–Kruger effect is defined as the tendency of people with low ability in a specific area to give overly positive assessments of this ability . This is often seen as a cognitive bias, i.e. as a systematic tendency to engage in erroneous forms of thinking and judging.

idk what i should tell you, Install Panda Wow, and we do a Wargame, or u can play a Wargame against a Mate of mine, he plays Holy Priest Frost mage, and i will tell you, u will stuck in a 40 second cc chain per setup. maybe you will see how much different it was

Also a main reason why i wont try Mop Classic, many people have rose-colored glasses, the cc chains in mop are the worst thing what i have ever experienced besides of bfa ssn4 Destro and shadowlands fury warrios.

u have way less Cc/ blanked silence in the Game now, the main problem just is, that the ccs or stuns are not used tactically anymore, you spam micro ccs as often as possible in a row to stop the opponent from playing so you can build momentum

they have to remove some micro cc´s/ increase the cd on it, and make longer cc´s better.

Mate i’m playing cata warrior right now, it does silence no matter if you interrupt or not. You can even silence some1 if the guy isn’t even casting. Read the talent, it doesn’t mention interrupting at all.
If you manage to land an interrupt, your target is locked out AND silenced. If you fail to interrupt your target is silenced. Silenced in all cases (except there’s DR)

Pummel has never been a blanket silence, period. Heroic throw yes, but pummel? No. Never been the case, so not sure where you got that from.

Given your “experience”, you don’t seem to have much insight to past spell abilities. Ebayer, or boosted, maybe.

Had? They have it now. (as good as) Fmages are a lot worse now then they were then. I mained a frost mage years ago, the deep freeze, ice lance spam was brutal yes, but when it comes to CC, it was nowhere near as bad as it is now. Not to mention mages have a lot more blinks…

No it isn’t. They have way more CC now.

Yet, that’s something you can’t seem to do. The irony.

Someone literally linked you the talent that makes it a blanket in this very thread. You don’t read ?

I think it is the post number 51. Go read it.

That’s a weird attempt given that I record and upload my games (and have streamed a few).

No, they do not have Deep Freeze. You know, the ranged instant stun, not that stupid honor talent that requires the Mage to be in melee of what he wants to stun. Google Deep Freeze.

Lets count then.

Before: Poly that lasted 8s, RoF that lasted 8s, Nova, pet Nova, blanket silence, impact stun, Deep Freeze.

Now: Poly that lasts 6s, RoF that lasts 6s, Nova, pet Nova, and DB. Some root procs that you don’t control and add DR at weird times.

More before.

Clearly you can’t, and it shows. “WHEN interrupted.” There’s never been a time where Warriors pummel and automatically apply a silence whilst they didn’t cast.

Weird flex, must be challenging playing as a Rogue with your ridiculous tool set and constant silences.

Do you know what Glacial Spike does? Hence the (as good as) comment.

Don’t need to, I know what it is. But you can’t read.

If you can’t count yourself, then there’s no point. You seem to be struggling to grasp it all now. You do you bro, crack on.

Read the spell, it is linked in this thread message 51. Here, I will link it again:

https://www.wowhead.com/cata/spell=12958/gag-order

Where do you see “when interrupted” ? It is never written.

You could even log onto Cata Classic RIGHT NOW and see it yourself, as was said here:

You don’t see the difference between Deep Freeze and that ? Really ? A hardcasted spell that can be interrupted, lined, and needs to be loaded by farming stacks for a few globals, vs a spell that requires 1 global to activate, is instant, and can be used without ramp up ?

Amazing.

So, excluding both Nova effects since they have it in both cases, before they had 33% longer Poly than now, 33% longer RoF than now, and then 3 CCs that did not break on damage (one silence, one stun, and one unique CC that didn’t DR witt anything else but acted as a stun), and now instead of those 3 CCs they have DB, and random root procs.

Not even taking into account the difference of power between these CC spells in my book 33% longer Poly + 3 different CC is more than shorter Poly + 1 CC + random root procs that DR the other roots.

8s is longer than 6s. 3 is more than 1 or 2.

Cool story bro.

The expected reply from someone who just realized he has been wrong all along on things as simple as reading that Warrior talent, or comparing two numbers.

We’ve made progress !

Cute, but nice bait. 10/10. Irony considering you didn’t even know what the Warrior silence was lmao. Poor delusional Rogue.

I know what the Warrior silences are since I could link them to you. You are the one who cannot read a sentence linked to you by several different people and told by someone who plays Warrior on classic.

Lmao.

“not sure”. Don’t think you’re sure about many things buddy, but you do you. That’s me out. You continue with your delusion. :slight_smile:

This subject is so irrelevant to the matter anyway, I just cannot believe you’re this stubborn. Are you reading the words? Where does it say “when interrupted”?

Well that’s because unlike fools and imbeciles like you seem to be, I don’t go around saying things when I am not certain they are true. I did not remember if Fury had access to it because I didn’t remember it was simply a Prot tree talent all specs could pick up, so I didn’t claim it was available to all in case it was wrong.

Not going around claiming random things you don’t know is called not being a complete idiot.

I did say Arms had it because this I was sure of, and Arms had it. Which made my point about classes having silences in the past that they don’t have now. Other Warrior specs having it too just strengthens it and makes your initial message of this thread even more wrong.

He is just metaphorically falling and is pathetically attempting to grasp at anything to soften the landing right now. Fun.

I can’t believe people are this naive. Pummel has never been a blank silence, period. You actually HAD TO INTERRUPT a cast to silence them. Heroic Throw silenced without having to interrupt.

Let’s look at Warriors now shall we. Does Pummel silence someone when not interrupted? No. Does Heroic Throw silence someone? No. Hurr durr. /end

This thread should be just closed at this point and never talked about :D.

We came to the conclusion that “back in the day” there was twice the amount of cc with extended duration. Almost every class had a blanket silence at some point usually on a very short cd. But the cc was used in a different way compared to retail nowdays.

Today’s cc is so irrelevant that you literally just slap it on your target on cd just to be obnoxious.

I thought it’s a 10/10 troll but now I am torn apart again.

Well if clueless individuals didn’t derail the thread with nonsense then it’ll be fine.

Hardly irrelevant. There’s just too much of it, period. Has never been worse before, period.

^ This guy explained it well, period. Could you do that back in the day? No.

/end.