Toxic group of kids!

Sure, but your solution so far in this thread is “post a big drama callout instead, it would be funny”

Would that not also cause petty drama / faction building et al?

IDK what you mean by guild kick either. As I said I’m not the supreme loremaster of this particular online argument

2 Likes

That steamer crossed the horizon ca. 2012, fella.

Absolutely.

Here’s a simple story:

I wanted to try RP. I did hear about RP servers being somewhat weird, and not in a nice way, but I thought this was mostly about Goldshire = ignorable. Rolled on AD. Found out RP isn’t to my liking. OK, fine so far.

Then I went to AD forums for some reason. Boy oh boy, was that a mistake. The amount of vitriol towards people who don’t RP is through the roof. It’s just absolutely irrational. One would have thought that if you RP, you’d like people who don’t RP themselves to see your RP and be lured into it. No! Apparently if you RP and are on the forums, you should post stupid one-liners like “OOCers out”! Of course, these one-liners do nothing except alienate people, but - this is the way, apparently.

The result? Not only do I now understand why people on other realms might think that RP realms are a weird place in the negative sense of the word “weird”, I share their opinion.

That’s all this parading on the forums does. Frankly, this parading on the forums seems to be the entire reason some people sub.

3 Likes

I’m highlighting it as an issue, which has been going back and forth for quite some time. Its understandable mix up my words, as I’ll clarify that what I’m saying is wrong with the server is people just not interacting with one another, and that the mindset is so secular. So you’re right, I think we’ve dwelled upon this point long enough of dropping out of server events. And a lack thereof.

Ok so why are you still here and still posting on this forum (while telling people to join AD)

20 Likes

I think it’s fair enough to assume that all roleplayers want the same thing, roleplay, but there’s a serial divide in how people want what’s best for the server.

And I personally think hostile vicious forum roleplayers are gonna make us look more as a joke as a collective, and will result in more trolls because they feel they can exploit the animosity.

Isn’t this basically how leaving in general should be done? We’re all both playing and roleplaying for our own entertainment, and guilds or people who do not wish to interact with one another doesn’t have to.

No further explainations are really needed, because even if they would just PM the organizer why or who, that would still just potentially cause drama.

3 Likes

I am not telling people to join AD. I am still here because transferring costs money which I am not willing to spend. When they opened free transfers, I checked if it is opened for AD - it wasn’t, so I stayed. That’s it.

the individual quoted in that post is not a roleplayer and does not want to roleplay

You’ve litterally done this in several threads since you stomped your feet angrily and said you wouldn’t post here anymore because we are “toxic” for disagreeing with you.

4 Likes

And my point stands regardless

OOCers out!

5 Likes

As stated earlier in this thread nobody hates non rpers as much as I do.

I honestly doubt it

I think every thought you experience at this time is just formed as the exact opposite ideal that whatever norf RP guild you’ve accidentally griefed happens to hold

It is all pretty ephemeral when it comes to your forum posts

What is your point beyond “I wish I was Ortellus”

1 Like

Today’s reminder that if you’re an OOCer on AD for some odd reason, you should try roleplaying! It’s really fun! You might find it really nullifies that bore you feel between patches when you’ve done “everything” and there’s “nothing to do”.

16 Likes

I did a single thread proir to the SL launch about warmode. That was like 5 weeks ago. Everything after was just me not inviting people, but laying out the pros and cons. A couple of times I specifically said that for me personally the cons outweighed the pros.

Worse still, childishly trying to get OOCers to join AD to add to the downfall out of spite.

4 Likes

Didn’t you invite a bunch oocers and non-roleplayers to a guild in an attempt to slander the guild tag I’m in lol

Please stop acting like you’re Christ preaching to the masses galford, this entire thread has you just trying to project that you’re mad that people got more upvotes than you and talking about a ‘golden’ age that took place when you were five

5 Likes

Personally I believe that those kind of people would have done this anyway. I think it’s good that roleplayers are making it pretty clear that those who join AD should atleast be interested in a little bit of roleplay.

Being IC 5 for minutes a week at the pig and whistle isn’t alot to ask.

Your point was incoherent before, but actively siding with someone who is deliberately toxic?

1 Like