Twinking is dead. Blizz killed it

Ask Guild Wars 2.

I’m replying in a somewhat random order …

The random BG queue is plain broken for XP Off queues, it just doesn’t pop, the ONLY way to get a BG to pop is for enough people to queue in to a Single BG queue. Even then it’s not guaranteed to pop.

They certainly aren’t but what might surprise you is the number that actually have good end game exp.

Just re-iterate I’m not upset about the separation as much as the broken queues, making impossible to get a game in most brackets above 19.

That and the way the change was communicated out, via Twitter and 36 hours ( In the EU ) after the fact. Whatever people think about twinks we are still paying customers and a bit of common courtesy would not have gone amiss.

1 Like

As someone who leveled 2 chars to 115+ starting from around 40 after 8.1.5, mostly through bgs, I can say that the ques feel much shorter for xp on. As alliance of course. On 110+ it takes around 5 mins max to find ques (had que pops in less than 30 secs). For lower brackets, I would say around 5-10 mins. Depends on what time you que of course.

What does Guild Wars 2 have to to with you getting owned in PvP by better geared alts?

GW2 has equalised stats and levels across the board in instanced pvp and is one of the better MMORPGs.

For the big part of this expansion, I’ve been enjoying only playing my twinks. Expansion is prolly worst so far (even WoD was maybe better lol) and gearing/playing twinks was pretty fun. Iv’e always had fun playing twinks, especially back in wotlk. And now they see new players/casuals whining on forums and put people who close xp on their twinks in separate bg/skirmish que.

Anyways, I think people who enjoy/play twinks (people from xpoff and all others) should mass spam/demand things to be as they were before any changes (no separate ques). It’s fair.

I don’t know who is making decisions about wow lately, but it’s really bad. Not just when it comes to twinking. Overall. And it’s been like that for a quite some time tho, but lately they are writing history.

Templates we a great addition in Legion weren’t they, treated with universal acceptance. /kappa

As for fast queues in levelling BGs - pfft - 28 minute queue on my XP On Ally Preist last night

You mean the templates where your ilvl gave you serious advantages? Lets not pretend like Legion’s attempt was anything close to having everyone on equal ground. It was only a little better than what we have now, which is to say, nothing.

In 50+ and 60+ my queues as alliance are from 3-20 mins, with no twinks. It’s amazing.

1 Like

Your BG queues times are currently being influenced by the volumes of people levelling Allied Races. Once they have passed through those brackets it will be normal service resumed.

Clearly sarcasm isn’t your thing. Templates were garbage period.

You talk about balance and play a Demon Hunter on an RP realm with War Mode PvP faction balance issues, and still get the 30% WM Buff coz Ally ……

Good excuses but no arguments, gg.

What am I arguing about ?

XP Off queues being separated - nope.

I’m fine with it, and now 19 XP Off BG’s are rolling I have BG’s to play. No more having to inspect your team to see how people with less than 900HP you have, and wonder how many of them know what a flag is and what the BG objectives are.

My issues are that unless you can get random twinks to queue a specific BG then our queues won’t pop, no matter if there enough people queued on each faction.

That works at 19 because people generally play both factions and have large groups of friends they can co-ordinate to queue into one BG, hence 19’s are getting nearly instant pops at peak times.

The less popular brackets don’t have such well developed networks and that means no co-ordination and no pops. Which is a Blizzard queue issue, either that or the numbers of Twinks that “ruined” BG’s for you heirloom levellers was never actually an issue in the first place at the higher brackets due to low numbers.

My guess is it was much less of a Twink issue, much more that we often played in pre-mades making our influence on the outcome higher. I’d probably go as far as to say it would be the same if we grouped up on our levelers….

It’s not me that’s salty - I’ve left that entirely to you

Spam multiple forum threads with essays reeing about being seperated from non-twinks

It’s not me that’s salty - I’ve left that entirely to you

lol ok
I’m loving leveling in bgs without wasting my time, it’s all I’ve been doing for days. Bye bye twinkies.

We are still here - not going anywhere.

In fact I have more choice - play XP Off ( at 19 ) or play XP on.

Did you enchant all of your heirlooms, which you have in every slot?

No need for enchants with twinks gone <3

Enjoying your 19 Mage @Ellipsìs ? A bit more RNG Luck with a Spittlefoam and my Horde Disc will be BG ready.

How’s Shadow in Bg’s? Been farming as SP and had a blast tbh.

Edit - Why would you even consider enchanting your gear that you could potentially be wearing for 100 levels. /kappa

I’m enjoying Xpoff queues, I knew I would. I played XPOFF queues as mage in WoD too (RIP CS), but quit twinking for Legion because of the merge. I wasn’t there to queue into levellers, and the competitive integrity / spirit seemed to die on the spot when the queues were merged.

Took me 70 minutes, tops :stuck_out_tongue:

at 19s? Weak.

If there are enough pvp twinks queues shouldn’t be that long? or are you just crying around because you want to farm non-twinks / low geared charakters? :thinking:

There are enough. We are all on friends list / in communities / discords. The issue is we need 40+ people to make a BG requiring 20 people pop.

when did they changed this? i remember when pvp twinks called out for lockout and they did it then and sometimes they removed it again, and now the lockout is again on?