Tyrande was mean to me!

Archen’dor cured them from their addiction. Whole questline was about that. While Sin’dorei are still dependant on their Sunwell and will devolve to wretched if severing connection from it or any other potent magical source.

Having 40% of representation in alliance of 9 races means that Night Elves are the most numerous race even compared to Humans and Dwarves taken together. Which is not true

Yes that is why i said ex-junkies.
There not anymore.
Both however share an experiance in knowing how much addication suck.
It give’s them common ground.
Where the night elves dont have suchs common ground.
I would love to hear what common ground the night elves and the nightborne have that isnt: They share a common history.

Most npc are human followed by night elf followed by worgen followed by gnome followed by dwarves followed by void elves.
I admit the number is off.
But they are still the second most seen npc in any join alliance operation(aka anywhere that isnt a racial town).
And that isnt even bringing up the fact that they had to hold garrosh horde off alone, (blood boiling) a little patience human portantial crap not withstanding.
Had to hold off sylvanas horde(And be given the idiot ball to send most of there forces away) and then there is legion where the druids(against mostly night elves) bleed and die to get us a plot coupion.
The night elves suffer constantly to make the humans in the alliance look great and it sickens me.
So until i start seeing other none humans to pull there weight i think claiming the the night elves contribute the second most troops to the alliance is correct.

1 Like

Yes but my correction was that Sin’dorei are still Junkies and thus Nightborne stand above them in that matter.

And taking that in consideration Nightborne have more common ground woth Night Elves, who are not addicted to magic since Sunwell. They had to overcome it in Long Vigil. Both race knows what addiction can couse to their people.

Yes Night Elf is big race but scattered all around the world, many are not Alliance members, many died in Teldrassil, no they are our farmers in Stormwind :frowning:

I disagree.
It’s like saying Humans are junkies because they need food.
Sin’dorei (and Quel’dorei) developed with the need for magical energy for nourishment, they have no choice.
Shal’dorei are still fundamentally in need of magic, they just sate this power in another way today (Arcan’dor fruit).

1 Like

Ok i can agree on that.
Just because the sunwell feed there adictions doesnt mean there no longer adicts.

And what do the night elves and nightborn have in common?
Night elves live in forest, are fanaticly loyal to the uncaring goddess elune(if she cared she woudnt need to have tyranda her bff to threaten to end there friendship before she spend what little effort she want on empowering tyranda.
Heck if she cared the burning legion woudnt have set foot on azaroth during the war of the ancient without being slaughtered.)

Both nightborn and blood elves enjoy the good life.
Fancy clothing, parties, looking down at other race’s, sipping mana and mastering magic.
Both had a magic well of power.
And both refuse to be held accountable for there crimes and mistakes.
They both pratice double standerd.

They have alot in common.
Lets be honest here if it wasnt for the blood elves they woudnt even talk to the horde.
They would see the horde as monsters to be shot on sight.
Arrogance is the elven culture.
And the nightborne are the most arrogant of the bunch.
The night elves are the only elves who take responsibility.
The still threat other race’s like childeren who need there guidiance(aka shut up and let mommy work)
But atleast they dont threat the other race’s as attack dogs.

1 Like

So this means they will always need to eat fruit from the tree for the rest of their lives? Or once?

I think once is enough. But still it’s not “overcoming” the need, but sating it in another way.

So in that case its curing the addiction. The magic pill that skips the addictive period.

Comparing Sindorei addiction to Human Food is wrong! Food is essential to live and its natural way of order. Having a body and mind dependant on magical energies is an addiction.

Both Sindorei and Shal’dorei went through same processes of withering and same addiction. One managed to find a cure another chose to stay with their fount of magic.

Nightborne have wvolved same way as did Sindorei - magical beings. Sin’dorei have not chosen to let go of their addiction.

You cannot let go of food, you will die no matter what. There does not exist a cure for food.

Lmao, are you serious? Everybody needs food. It’s normal for mortal beings in the great dark beyond. It’s not normal to be addicted to magic wells.

1 Like

I’d make a real response but I bet I’d be accused of being a troll.

This seemed more fitting.

But to be a junkie, you need to have a choice.
Bloodelves without the well die.
They are born with the need for it, they evolved with the need for it.

I don’t really see a difference to food. Maybe the need can be removed by something, but there are no negative effects to relying on the Sunwell (as long as it’s there), so why would they?

1 Like

The very elderly, infirm and the young do at least.

1 Like

Because it isn’t a normal life. If the well gets destroyed again… well R.I.P.

Are you serious?

it’s normal for elves. All elves evolved with a relience on a magic well.
The Nightelves are the only ones who seem to have beaten this need, but as long as the well of eternity on Hyjal exists we’re not really sure.
The Highborne changed when their bond to the WoE was severed in exile and traded it for the Sunwell.
The Suramar-Highborne traded it for the Nightwell.
The Ren’dorei for Void-Juice.

But fundamentally elves wouldn’t exist without magic wells, and their relience on them seems to be a natural thing for all elves.
They are in a way magical creatures.

They’re magical creatures, like all races with glowing eyes, but only the Highborne ones are addicted. I don’t care if they wouldn’t exit without it. It’s not normal for common Elves to be addicted.

Would have made more sense for the Nightborne to have been a neutral race option since the Alliance AND Horde helped them in equal measure. Blizzard just had to fish up a flimsy reason to give the Night Elf model and animations to the Horde since they gave the Belf model and animations to the Alliance.

1 Like

Blood elves take in far more mana than they need, Quel’dorei have proven they can survive with far less mana. So they are dependant but not nearly as badly as the blood elves have made it by feeding the addiction.

What?
Highelves sated their need, when the sunwell was gone, with sucking in magical artifacts and when they overdid it they went wretched too.

Today Quel’dorei are dependent on the Sunwell too. Every Thalassian elf is nourished by it’s powers, no matter where he / she is.
(except maybe the Void-elves, they are changed so much, that i’m not certain.)
What you write is pure headcanon.

2 Likes

On several occasions after the Sunwell’s defilement, Kael’thas publicly asserted that his people would die unless they found a new source of magic. Technically the prince was mistaken. According to Azeroth’s top priests and medics, the only high elves to perish due to magical withdrawal have been the very old, the very young, and elves who were already in poor health. Such a low rate of attrition might be considered an argument in favor of simply forgoing magic and suffering through the consequences. Indeed, a few high elves are said to have succeeded in taking this route through sheer willpower: they survived the process, however unpleasant. Apparently certain magical artifacts also ameliorate the symptoms of withdrawal and might, if sufficiently powerful, be able to suppress them altogether. This is not to say, however, that withdrawal from magic would leave the high elves unharmed. On the contrary, permanent mental or physical damage is possible

Yep head cannon…just look up High elves. This means it is an ADDICTION and not a dependancy as you make out.

5 Likes