Tyrande was mean to me!

Only a few did the withdrawal, and today the Highelves en masse rely on the sunwell.

here a few quotes from WoWWiki about Highelves:

some have begun to migrate back to Quel’Thalas since the Alliance is incapable of healing their addiction and ending their agony

High elves are currently found primarily scattered throughout human societies, thereby being forced to rely on the hospitality of the younger race. This dependency has resulted in some high elves vigorously trying to find a new homeland, with possibly a new source of magic.

All high ranking high elves in the Alliance have ready access to arcane currents to feed upon, which keeps them from feeling the same level of agony as their brethren. For example, a large Moon Well, a fount of mystical energies, sits in the park of Stormwind open for all to observe and bathe. The elven body automatically absorbs energy from the area around it, and such a high saturation that rivals the Well of Eternity’s waters supplies their demand nicely.

All high elves, regardless of class, status or upbringing, are addicted to [magic], and all have some small proficiency in it. Unlike blood elves who succumb to it, high elves actively fight their addiction and are required to meditate at least an hour every day to maintain personal control. The high elves are not proud of this addiction, and take pains to keep it a secret. Being close to [Moon Wells] will satiate the addiction, as will the use of certain magical items, though it should be noted [night elves] do their best to keep high elves away from the Well and magical objects that provide the same result are rare.

And about the Sunwell:

The Sunwell’s power has no physical limits or boundaries. An elf bound to its energies would be so no matter how far away they went from it.[[7]]Its energies are available to be drawn upon from anywhere in the cosmos[[22]] and even [alternate realities] as evidenced by the [Sunsworn] forces on the [alternate Draenor].

Being close to [Moon Wells] will satiate the addiction, as will the use of certain magical items, though it should be noted Night Elves do their best to keep high elves away from the Well and magical objects that provide the same result are rare. If a high elf resorts to feeding off something else to sate the addiction, then they cross the line from high elf to blood elf.

So they were still Junkies, just without access to their drug until it was resupplied when the sunwell was reignited, the only difference between High and Bloodelves is the way they tried to feed their Hunger for Magic.

2 Likes

Do you think that some Blood Elf babe could satisfy her addiction with some proud Kul Tiran Human like me as alternative?

1 Like

If you are a source of magic, maybe. If you are not, nope :wink:

Who need a source if magic of they have a Kul Tiran Human on their side?

2 Likes

‘Human’.

Whatever species of Vry’kul spawned your people. I have pity on them.

2 Likes

Oh, we have our roots in Gilneas.

2 Likes

Yeah, what about what I replied to you originally.

Was it not true that Sin’dorei chose to stay with Sunwell, whilst Shal’dorei who wanted their fount of power gone actually found the cure, one who looks always finds :wink:

If they found a cure, they wouldn’t need the Arcan’dor. It doesn’t cure the race of the need for magic, it sates the individual indefinitely with magic energy.
It’s like a infinite Nicotin-patch for smokers. They still need nicotin, they just get by other means.

Where is that stated?

Every single one needs to take a fruit, you go around and give it to them.
If it cured the race, you wouldn’t need to give individuals the fruit.

The Arcan’dor was a massive gamble, mind you and was going to fail (and generate more spider elves) if it wasn’t for a timely venture into the Emerald Dream. It isn’t explained entirely what the fruit does specifically but we know the tree itself is a balance between arcane and nature.

Valewalker Farodin says: Behold. The gift of the ancient magi.

First Arcanist Thalyssra says: This tree came at a high cost… You are sure it can sustain us?

Valewalker Farodin says: The arcan’dor will not merely sustain you. By the fruit of its bough, you will be made whole again.

Quest: Arcan’dor, Gift of the Ancient Magi

Though, I think due to the nature of the Nightwell and what generated it the addiction is different to the Blood Elves. And able to be cured by this tree’s fruit. While both races are/were addicted to magic, the side-effects were caused by polar opposites.

Withered being a lack of magic.

Wretched being an over indulgence.

nightfallen who have eaten an [arcan’dor] fruit have their dependency on the Nightwell cured.
https: //wow. gamepedia. com/Nightfallen

Yes but the fruit is a cure! And its what I meant they found the cure. Its only matter of time until everyone is cured and the generetations to come wont have even the need to eat it.

1. We know exactly what fruit does.
  2. Both races have same pattern of withdrawal.
  3. Point being Sin’dorei are perfectly fine being junkies.
2 Likes

Apparently having an addiction is the same thing as requiring food to survive.

Idk what’s real anymore.

5 Likes

can i take this back? apparently withdrawal isn’t killing them except when they are weakened (old, young, sick)

But i still think that the Fruit is not a real “cure” for the magic-addiction, but just another way to sate it. Otherwise new Nightborne wouldn’t need it.

1 Like

No its not. Its just Sin’dorei and their ways of justification of it
Just on the quest to debunk that.

Edit: Found another interesting line
While appearing similar at first glance, withered is a very different state to that of [Wretched] for [blood elves]. The main difference is that becoming withered is due to a failure to feed on the Nightwell’s energies, it is due to withdrawal, while blood elves become wretched due to a reckless abuse of arcane magic. Furthermore, withered are mindless, feral creatures, while wretched still have full control of their mental abilities.

This here also states that reckless abuse of arcane energies devolved Sin’dorei acting exactly like drug.

1 Like

Yes. It cures their addiction. If you actually read what I put I talk about how it specifically does it beyong being [plotdevice].

No they don’t. Wretched =/= withered.

Overindulgence/loss of control =/= lack of magic/deprivation.

Not really seeing as since TBC they have continually searched for a cure.

2 Likes

Quest: Thirst unending.

If there is only one lesson you deign to remember from your time on Sunstrider Isle, let it be this - control your thirst for magic. It is a thirst unending, <name> - what you absorb must be controlled and released via Arcane Torrent. Failure is to become one of the Wretched… hopelessly addicted and insane.

Sounds like the polar opposite of what causes Withered to me…

Sure! Why not.

1 Like

Im reading up on WoW pedia now, cant really point wehere they have searched for cure and not substitute to their hunger.
Kael instructed [Rommath] to spread these teachings back home in [Quel’Thalas], as a way to sate—but not cure—the elves’ addiction to magic.