Tyrande was mean to me!

Also notice how the Darkshore victory cinematic with Tyrande, Malfurion, Mordent Evenshade, Genn, Mia, Shandris, Jarod, Maiev, Lorna as well as others hasn’t been shown in-game either.

Like, to have a finale (if their is a finale and the Kaldorei do retake Darkshore), then surely it needs to be Tyrande vs Sylvanas/Nathanos.

3 Likes

That hints towards Darkshore being a Kaldorei victory canonically, which probably means that Stromgarde will be won by the Horde

1 Like

I have to say that I would gladly give human land to get back Kaldorei land. But basically, this would mean the Alliance being pushed out of yet another zone.

And after the last war, I don’t think we can handle that. Giving up on yet another shared zone to get a core zone back. Bad deal for me.

1 Like

Well, you see - this is why I always had a problem with Arathi.

It felt too -pushed back-. Almost as though the whole Alliance army simply gave up and decided to attack Lordaeron by foot.
Why not make Silverpine Forest a Warfront instead? Surely conflicted areas such as the Kirin Tor Village, Shadowfang Keep, the Greymane Wall, the Spulcher and perhaps all the locations South of the Spulcher would have been extremely ideal.

1 Like

Beats me. Probably an excuse to do something with the zone, but there were better choices. I also don’t believe either faction should be pushed out of Arathi, its too iconic.

The Forsaken decisively repel enemy forces from that area and secure Silverpine. And almost any human that didn’t drink Darius’s blood probably became Forsaken

Well, you see, that would make sense. Core zone for core zone, tit for tat, Silverpine for Darkshore. Arathi for Darkshore, though… I mean, if I really had to pick between the two I would pick Darkshore, but eh.

The main problem here is that Arathi might have been a well established zone in the lore, but Blizzard left it for so long, simply being a bland, “Mulgore-y” type place, that nobody really feels a connection to it.

Darkshore was a common questing location for Night Elves, Worgen and Draenei players, so I think it comes natural that Blizzard would give the Alliance a zone that many felt connected to and the Horde, a zone, that has a strong lore, but had a very bland outlook for 15 years.

Well, there is a lot of love for Stromgarde in the Alliance community, as well as for the Arathi empire. People perceive it as a cradle of humanity.

I myself prefer Gilneas over all, but I am a special case.

I haven’t played the original Arathi, but I believe the revamped Arathi zone has only a few quests and suffered from cut content, along with Silithus

But this relates back to the controversy of what we read and what we can see and the latter always wins.

I personally prefer Lordaeron and the Alliance of Lordaeron as a whole. The union between Humans, Elves, Dwarves and Gnomes was actually very well written.

2 Likes

Yeah, the effect is different, it’s a different type of addiction and a different effect. It’s as different as blood elves are from night elves. Sure they’re both elves, but the type of elf is polar opposite.

Same with the addiction. The lore has spoken of the night elf addiction experienced most pronounced by the highborne because they were the most addicted to the magic, but all night elves experienced this. And the Long vigil group (only) gained their balance again after abstaining from arcane magic after the sundering.

The addiction the blood elves get, is different, how they gain it, the effect, the extent of it…different. All they had in common was that they were addicted.

Many posters really don’t know night elf lore. They don’t know the night elves were addicted, their type of addiction is the addiction you see the nightborne have, but not quite gone to that level of extremity. The nightborne are LITERALLY the reckless pre-sundering night elf life that was prevalent around the 1st invasion that has carried on for 10,000 years in a bubble of limited space.

It is not the blood elf story, it’s nothing to do with the high elves or anything like that. It is similar to the high elves because they are elves - another thing people forget cos they’re so wrapped up in night elves being forest tree-hugger elves, they completely dissociate the vast majority of the rest of their lore and all their flavor from the playable group.

But i suspect this is because of wow largely showing night elves in Classic to WotLK only when they were showing druids. Really not bringing out the Preisthood strongly like they did in WC3, nor their highborne and arcane side, like they later do in to a degree in Cata remake and seriously in legion.

1 Like

Yeah but, you’re wrong though.

Imo.

Once Alliance was full of complex characters and stories!

Let us stand here and give a moment of silence to those glorious days. R.I.P.

3 Likes

I like Tyrande.

Said no one.

2 Likes

Saying it’s a weak political argument and not realistic, while in real life we sit here watching the leader of one of the most powerful countries in the world scream and cry over building a wall.

Shut up. It’s fine.

1 Like

Hahaha, yeah. You’re so funny and need to write your nonsense in a old thread…

2 Likes

What a very based post.

Go back to your grave !

2 Likes

Thanks. I needed to hear that today. :heart_eyes: